[NO BUG]F-14B Nosewheel Steering Button not Active.

chuckgrimes

No nose wheel steering if you have the nose strut kneeled (switch on left vert panel).

You can steer with spoilers etc active. Generally with nose wheel struts, when they are fully extended (i.e. airborne), there are centering cams at the stroke extension that centralises the strut - so you can't land with it 'turned'. As you compress the strut it clears these cams and can turn.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found that this happens when you accidentally click the landing gear handle on the ground, setting it to "emergency down". This disengages NWS and you can't turn it back on again.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Ok, so I had the same problem... I think I MAY have a fix--or at least this is what I did and it ended up working...

I repaired the OB install, restarted my computer and went back into my mission I created (a simple cold and dark start-up in Nellis).

Started up (there was some lag in ground crew vox--responding after they had attached power and air), extended my nose strut (is this a real world thing? I followed Jabbers tutorial and took notes on everything he did and this was not one of them), then selected NWS and went to an outside view to see if the nosewheel was turning. It wasn't turning that much. But when I added power and got rolling, I had full NSW steering authority.

I'll also say the first time I tried this prior to repairing the install and restarting I went into full AB and didn't move one bit. I also had zero external lights (which is still unresolved), but I'll be looking for a fix to that in here.

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

• 1 year later...

DCS F-14B Nosewheel

......hello all, quick question, set up flight stick and throttle stick with the F-14B, after going thru a cold start and start moving the air ship , the nose wheel is locked and wont turn. Being a neophyte in this area, is there anyone who can give a step by step to correct this. There have been posts about this but I'm probably doing something wrong. Sorry to sound ignorant , thanx

......hello all, quick question, set up flight stick and throttle stick with the F-14B, after going thru a cold start and start moving the air ship , the nose wheel is locked and wont turn. Being a neophyte in this area, is there anyone who can give a step by step to correct this. There have been posts about this but I'm probably doing something wrong. Sorry to sound ignorant , thanx

Check the bind on the NWS button to make sure you are pressing it. Also, the NWS will not turn on if you are kneeled down at all. Also, more commonly, if you accidentally turned the LG emergency extend (happens easily by accident by right clicking the LG handle) the NWS will not engage.

• 1 month later...