Walkman music tracks

kitsunelegend

Yes convert your files to .ogg it goes in the Walkman folder and you need to re-name them as track01 track02 etc to replace existing. I took the meteor tracks and put them in a folder inside Walkman so I can easily put them back.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Yes convert your files to .ogg it goes in the Walkman folder and you need to re-name them as track01 track02 etc to replace existing. I took the meteor tracks and put them in a folder inside Walkman so I can easily put them back.

Are you able to add additional tracks without replacing the originals?

Got the Iron Eagle soundtrack installed myself.

Obviously also have Top gun converted so I can swap about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Are you able to add additional tracks without replacing the originals?

I think there is a limit on the number of songs, so you have to put them in a folder in the walkman folder, so you can switch them out.

I have a few "mixtape" folders in my main walkman folder. When I want to listen to something else, I "swap out the tape" and then go fly. It's a great little system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No they are .ogg dude. I noticed that the main menu music was .ogg as well, would it be possible to change that to the Top Gun theme music?

Some off the Top Gun Deluxe edition and a few I have added for first mix tape

Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone

Guns n Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

Guns n Roses - Paradise City

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Ball Of Fire

The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

Mr Mister - Broken Wings

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Journey - Any Way You Want It

Edited by Brigg

How about MP?

If you edited your walkman tracks - what will the other MP guy in your cockpit hear? Yours or the ones he has in his own folder?

If he does hear his own ones - is there a way to change the tracks in a way the other guy will hear the same like you (maybe the walkman folder in the miz file itself, similiar to kneeboard files?)?

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3841644']Surely you mean CoreMods/aircraft/F14/Walkman

Dangit, of course, you're right.

For the record, you can use mklink to create s symbolic link instead of copying files if you want to have a lot, or using a network share.

A good article on it's usage:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

I used a symbolic link to use the same mission files on the gamin rig and my server ;)

How about MP?

If you edited your walkman tracks - what will the other MP guy in your cockpit hear? Yours or the ones he has in his own folder?

If he does hear his own ones - is there a way to change the tracks in a way the other guy will hear the same like you (maybe the walkman folder in the miz file itself, similiar to kneeboard files?)?

Talking to my pilot, it appears that he hears the files that are in HIS Walkman folder, rather than the ones that I’ve changed. So I’m listening to Topgun, he has Metor playing.

I’m assuming although we haven’t tried it yet, that if he drops my .ogg files onto into his Walkman folder then the music would be synced.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I don't have this folder... I only have DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F14\Sounds\Walkman

Do I need to create the walkman folder in CoreMods?

Mods is the correct path, not coremods.

Also you need to rename your tracks to "song01" etc, exactly as in the folder. (someone sad track01, etc..)

You can have a maximum of 10 Tracks.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/