Mision 15

cercata

A Flanker got from 18nm with and R-27ET, amazing, I was so surprised, I thougt they were distracted by the other flight.

I have to learn now how to fight the Flankers when they use the IRST and Infrered only, that IRST seems good, I hope they make me use it in one of the Su-27 campagins.

Regarding the other flight (Dodge 5), by radio aren't they instructed to engage the Su-25s ?

In TacView I have seen they make a 180º turn until almost the base, and then 180º again ...

Hi cercata.

Yes, the second AI flight should engage the Su-25s. A bug similar to what you're described had popped up in a previous DCS build; if AI were issued a command mid-flight they would return to a previous waypoint before executing the command; it's entirely possible that bug has re-emerged.

If possible, please send a link to your TacView file. Thanks!

Here you have the TacView:

https://ufile.io/9cfxf

I don't know if that's normal, maybe they do the CAP there, waiting for me to get the Flankers away.

On my sucessfull mission, mi wingman took care of the frogbots when I told him "attack bandits", instead of going after the flankers.

Luckily for me, the 2 remaining flankers went RTB after I shot down their 2 wingmans

Edited by cercata

• 3 years later...
On 3/17/2019 at 1:14 AM, cercata said:

On my sucessfull mission, mi wingman took care of the frogbots when I told him "attack bandits", instead of going after the flankers.

Luckily for me, the 2 remaining flankers went RTB after I shot down their 2 wingmans

Lucky you. I had the same - my wingman flew away to shoot Su-25, then we did some fight with Flankers, shot one, other run away.
Magic said:"Dodge -5, bla-bla-bla. Dodge-4 -RTB"
I landed and got 50% success so have to fly again.
I was sure that if agic says "RTB" it means "Mission Successful" but ...
Problem that it is not clear why mission was not passed.
Maybe I had to wait till Dodge5 kills someone else?

Edited by Odessa

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 1:35 AM, Odessa said:

Magic said:"Dodge -5, bla-bla-bla. Dodge-4 -RTB"
I landed and got 50% success so have to fly again.
I was sure that if agic says "RTB" it means "Mission Successful" but ...

Always make sure what is your flight callsign from the briefing.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria