F-14B Additional Key Binding (Pilot)

Alerax

Does anyone know how to add toggles? I'd like to set the SAS on and off switches to a toggle but right now the only options are on or off, necessitating two sets of binds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

New function added to the flaps:

Flaps - up, else half

and

Flaps - down, else half

{down=device_commands.FLAPS_Lever, up=device_commands.FLAPS_Lever, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 0.5, cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS, name = _('Flaps Down, else half'), category = _('Flight Control')},
{down=device_commands.FLAPS_Lever, up=device_commands.FLAPS_Lever, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.5, cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS, name = _('Flaps Up, else half'), category = _('Flight Control')},

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my DCS World - Ka50 Pit Project: :pilotfly:

http://www.ka50.de

Flaps - up, else half

and

Flaps - down, else half

{down=device_commands.FLAPS_Lever, up=device_commands.FLAPS_Lever, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 0.5, cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS, name = _('Flaps Down, else half'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{down=device_commands.FLAPS_Lever, up=device_commands.FLAPS_Lever, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.5, cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS, name = _('Flaps Up, else half'), category = _('Flight Control')},

Is that accurate in the real aircraft though? I thought the flaps were either fully up or fully down via the flap lever (I didn't think it had settings in between). The manoeuvre flaps/slats are controlled by the DLC wheel when landing gear is up.

We may have to consult with @Victory205, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Flaps - up, else half

and

Flaps - down, else half

excellent

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

For me, all SAS have an "on else off" binding.

Or do you mean another switch?

sas.gif

Just a toggle for each of those so one button press is sufficient to toggle the status (since they are binary). Currently I have to bind two buttons on my X-52 for each one. On else off means I have to hold the button, when I let it go it goes back to off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

• 3 months later...
WAIT! You mean I need to use a mouse to set my BRC on the CRS knob? BORING!!!!!!

+1

it's a shame really.

heatblur wake up on this please

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

• 7 months later...

Hey Alerax,

I just purchased F-14 and I discovered your great mod. However, by doing some research, in your keyboard.lua there's some command missing here and there -- I compared the two of them and I can spot several differences, not just your new commands; for instance, one of the missing binding is Control Stick Show/Hide and all related bindings.

Do the mod need to be updated with a newer base? If so, do you plan to do that or we should do that on our own?

Thanks!

The UHF preset LOAD button keybind has been broken since they added it. It pushes the button down but the button does not release after you use the keybind so it can only be used once...

Any help for this?

I reported the bug back in August 2019. IronMike responded but it has not been fixed yet. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247086

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

To be added to Joystick.lua in the axis section at the bottom

{action = device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepLever, cockpit_device_id=devices.WINGSWEEP, name = _('WingSweep')},

Add to both Keyboard and Joystick lua files

{down = device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepCover, 		cockpit_device_id = devices.WINGSWEEP, value_down = 0, name = _('Emergency Wing Sweep Cover CLOSE'), category = { _('Throttle')}},
{down = device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepCover, 		cockpit_device_id = devices.WINGSWEEP, value_down = 1, name = _('Emergency Wing Sweep Cover OPEN'), category = { _('Throttle')}},
{down = device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepCover,     up = device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepCover, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id = devices.WINGSWEEP, name = _('Emergency Wing Sweep Cover OPEN else CLOSED'), category = _('Throttle')},
{down = device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencyLeverExtended,up=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencyLeverExtended, cockpit_device_id=devices.WINGSWEEP, value_down=1.0, value_up=0.0, name=_('Emergency Wing Sweep Handle PopOut else In'),	 category=_('Throttle')},

This will allow you to toggle into and out of emergency wing sweep mode, and then use the axis to control the wings. BTW you don't actually need to open the cover for this to work.... ~~but ma realism~~

Edited by RodWan
  • Like 1

Got another one

{ down=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_handle,up=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_handle, cockpit_device_id=devices.HUD, value_down=0, value_up=1, name = _('HUD Filter OFF else ON'), category = _('Lights')},
{ down=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_handle,up=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_handle, cockpit_device_id=devices.HUD, value_down=0, name = _('HUD Filter OFF'), category = _('Lights')},
{ down=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_handle,up=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_handle, cockpit_device_id=devices.HUD, value_down=1, name = _('HUD Filter ON'), category = _('Lights')},

{ down=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_filter,up=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_filter, cockpit_device_id=devices.VDI, value_down=1, value_up=1, name = _('VDI Filter Momentary OFF/ON'), category = _('Lights')},
{ down=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_filter,up=device_commands.VDIG_VDI_filter, cockpit_device_id=devices.VDI, value_down=1, name = _('VDI Filter Toggle OFF/ON'), category = _('Lights')},

[/Code]

Keybinds for the HUD and VDI filters

Edited by RodWan

• 4 months later...

Speed Brake Extend Retract Using 2 Position Switch a.k.a Else IF

Key Binding to allow for a Two Position Switch key binding for Speed Brake.

Switch Position Pressed: Speed Brake Extend and Stay in position until released

Switch Position Released: Speed Brake Retract

Example: Two-position toggle Switch or Slider Switch on an X55 and X56 Flight Stick

-- Flight Control section of F-F14A &B default.lua --
{ up=device_commands.SPEEDBRAKE_ExtendRetract, pressed=device_commands.SPEEDBRAKE_ExtendRetract, 	cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, value_up=1.0, value_pressed=-1.0, 	name = _('Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category=_('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

Thanks to Shiroka for posting this Mod on the DCS User Files Download Page

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added details.
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I just realized I never said thank you to you guys for this mod. Good work, and thanks for all the support.

We will add missing inputs close to the end of EA, because some will require coding and we don't want to do the work twice. In that sense thank you for your kind patience, and double as great that you guys work around it in the meantime. Our apologies that you still have to.

• Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I just came across this thread and found it to be extremely useful. I have been waiting for a long time to get keybinds for HSD Course and HUD Trim knobs (due to the fact that as a VR user I hate to reach for an external mouse to manipulate knobs with the scroll wheel.) Thanks to the bright folks on the thread, I can now use controls on my Hotas to change the HSD Course. What I am looking for is the same for HUD TRIM. I gave it a shot by using HUD_Knob_Trim but didn't work. Appreciate any help on this.

Edited by Shahriar0

+1

it's a shame really.

heatblur wake up on this please

Am I missing something here? It literally took 2 seconds to change the course knob for BRC via mouse. Is the module broken or is this a pit builder thing?

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

This is disappointing for us sim pit builders if all the switches in both cockpits are not programmable including master test and other rotary switches and rheostats.

AGREED,

I've finished the functionality build of my pit with a lot of thanks to you by the way. I have every switch,knob and button that moves in the sim in the pit (4x bodnar bbi64 boards later lol)

every switch in my pit moves and operates as the ones in the sim do, the only thing I'm waiting for is key binds to link them, I'm hoping to put up a post soon with photos etc, as part of the post ill put up a list of all the switches that need to be mappable and in what way, I'm hoping if I do that everyone inc hb will be able to see a concise list of what needs to be done or maybe a modder like the op can help out.

if there is a list that has everything that should be bindable it should help everyone out hopefully :)

Edited by PSYKOnz
  • Like 1

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

• 5 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 5:13 PM, Fubarbrickdust said:

Normally this is the case, I assumed the same but in this particular case it seems to work!

Coarse, fine and +/- 1 degree increments included in the following code:

{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.01, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [coarse] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.01, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [coarse] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.01, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [coarse] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.01, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [coarse] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.001, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [fine] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.001, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [fine] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.001, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [fine] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.001, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [fine] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{down=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_down=0.0028, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [+1°] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{down=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_down=-0.0028, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [-1°] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{down=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_down=0.0028, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [+1°] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{down=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_down=-0.0028, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [-1°] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')},

Edited by Maverick0106
Hi all, New to DCS, Would appreciate if someone would tell me exactly how to add these lines in Keyboard default Lua ...at the end of all command lines ?? Thanks

Added bind 

- Engine Airstart  (ON, else NORM)

- Engine Airstart  (NORM, else ON)

- Left Engine Mode (PRI, else SEC)

- Left Engine Mode (SEC, else PRI)

- Right Engine Mode (PRI, else SEC)

- Right Engine Mode (SEC, else PRI)

{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Air_Start,    up = device_commands.ENGINE_Air_Start, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, name = _('-Engine Airstart ON, else NORM'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},
{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Air_Start,    up = device_commands.ENGINE_Air_Start, value_down = 0, value_up = 1, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, name = _('-Engine Airstart NORM, else ON'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},
{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Left_Mode,    up = device_commands.ENGINE_Left_Mode, value_down = 0, value_up = 1, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, name = _('-Left Engine Mode PRI, else SEC'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},
{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Left_Mode,    up = device_commands.ENGINE_Left_Mode, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, name = _('-Left Engine Mode SEC, else PRI'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},
{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Right_Mode,   up = device_commands.ENGINE_Right_Mode, value_down = 0, value_up = 1, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, name = _('-Right Engine Mode PRI, else SEC'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},
{down = device_commands.ENGINE_Right_Mode,   up = device_commands.ENGINE_Right_Mode, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE, name = _('-Right Engine Mode SEC, else PRI'), category = { _('-MODIFICATIONS')}},

all navy 500x100.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 12:34 AM, IronMike said:

I just realized I never said thank you to you guys for this mod. Good work, and thanks for all the support.

We will add missing inputs close to the end of EA, because some will require coding and we don't want to do the work twice. In that sense thank you for your kind patience, and double as great that you guys work around it in the meantime. Our apologies that you still have to.

Any chance we can get the BRC Course control added? When flying in close formation it can be really hard to change this via mouse. 

• Like 1

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

• 7 months later...

Hi

i search for a switch function for

HUD Brightness DECR / INCR 
VSDI Screen Brightness DECR / INCR
VSDI Screen Contrast DECR / INCR
HSD Brightness DECR / INCR

one switch for DECR and an other for INCR

Edited by BlackLibrary