Won’t Launch from Carrier (with salute)

SonofEil

If I start on the catapult or hot start the mission I can get launched once. After the trap I taxi back to the catapult, kneel and hook to shuttle, wings and flaps, power up, wipe, salute...nothing. I haven’t been able to do a second cat shot at all the last couple days.

Is there something I’m missing? Known bug?

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Ive encountered this too starting a mission. The advice was to power off/down. And hit U to reconnect. I havent had a chance to try it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is the launch bar light illuminated on the left windshield advisory panel?

Just checked and no, I'm not getting the light at all. I do get a green "Launch Bar" light in the right knee caution panel, but that light actually extinguishes as I run up throttles, illuminates again when they're at idle.

Ive encountered this too starting a mission. The advice was to power off/down. And hit U to reconnect. I havent had a chance to try it.

I disconnected/reconnected to the shuttle probably 10+ times and was never able to launch.

I don't know what you mean by 'power off/down'. Shut down and restart the entire jet while on the cat?

Im having issues today with no pitch input recognized by f14...

Cool. Sounds like a completely unrelated problem to the thread you're posting in.

;3840862']Also' date=' make sure you are pressing [b']Lshift + U[/b] ... on my system Rshift + U doesn't work and I think some users are getting confused. (for anyone not seeing the salute)

I'm seeing the salute, just never getting launched. I mapped salute to the up arrow key anyway. (Wasn't working before I remapped it, btw, so that's not the problem.)

Edited by SonofEil

;3840862']Also' date=' make sure you are pressing [b']Lshift + U[/b] ... on my system Rshift + U doesn't work and I think some users are getting confused. (for anyone not seeing the salute)

I saluted the **** out of the ocean in my test. I bowed I scraped, and I saluted the sea god for 2 minutes straight so he would bless my cat shot. But he did not.

Hot start on Stennis for training in the ME, PG map.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I had this while someone was on the other cat. I kept saluting and then a few moments after the other aircraft launched mine was launched unexpectedly.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check your airbrake. That prevents it too.

Check your airbrake. That prevents it too.

Checked. Not the issue.

The only time I can consistently get launched is at the beginning of the Carrier Takeoff tutorial. If I trap and attempt to launch again during the tutorial, no dice. If I create my own carrier mission, no launchy.

Is it fair to say this is a bug yet?

Try making a new mission. I had this problem, made new mission now no problem.

I'll try this later this morning. (I was having the same issue yesterday. couldn't attach to the cat, after my first trap. my turkey was clean and properly prepped, but still no joy with a second connect).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Same. I actually had that problem in a mission I did last week for carrier training with the Hornet and it didn't launch, only in that mission.

I recycled that mission to try the Tomcat the day it was released and had the same problem, then I remembered the Hornet acted like that too.

Deleted the mission and did it again from start and problem gone.

Seems more like a DCS/Stennis bug than Tomcat's.

I'm having the same issue. I built a carrier trap mission in the Persian Gulf. After I land, I notice that the F-14 is sliding slightly on the carrier deck. When I attach to the catapult there is a lot of shaking back and forth in the cockpit, like the plane is unstable on the deck, the shaking is not noticeable in external view. I've got a feeling this may be related to why the cat won't shoot. I can see my pilot salute from external view and I've checked the speed brake. I have not tried to shut down and restart the plane though.

same here.

I landed on the deck, and tried to take off again. full mil,salute (saw the salute) and no response from plane. I said screw it, and pressed u and I rolled off into the ocean lmao

Did jester have some words with you for that? And yes i did that too...

Same problem.

New mission Stennis in the Gulf with ME and the cat won´t launch and nothing helps. Creating this mission a second time it now works. Must be a bug in ME, If I compare the missions I have no idea, what could cause that bug! I can restart and restart......the bugged mission will never let the cat fly.