F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

Originally the Ferris schemes were intended to confuse an attacker as to the aircraft's attitude and direction, basically the same thing that disruptive coloring did for ships in WWII. Unfortunately aside from false canopies, it didn't really work as expected.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Download Link :    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315030/

Vandy_one_240.jpg

Download Link :  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315029/

VX-4_LATE.jpg

Download Link https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315028/
VX-4_EARLY.jpg

Edited by sadjad-vosoul

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

2 hours ago, draconus said:

What's with that vertical line near the front of stabilator?

I think its a 'Turbine Warning Stripe' - it marks the plane of rotation of the rearmost turbine disk, and by extension where you least want to be standing if it fails.

Possibly not actually the rearmost. Looking at these it looks like it lines up more with the front one, which is going to be where the gas is hottest and so the one most likely to fail. Or maybe it just generally marks the whole turbine. Anyway, I'm pretty sure its a 'don't stand here incase jet engine blades fly out' line.

Also as noted the turbines are in different places on a and b model Tomcats, so the line is gonna be in a different place.

1970s-Grumman-F-14-Tomcat-Jet-Period-Aircraft-Manual-_57.jpg

f14-detail-engine.gif

Edited by Dezmond
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Dezmond said:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure its a 'don't stand here incase jet engine blades fly out' line.

Thx, I suspected some "warning - don't stand behind the line" but rather from stabilator movable area.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 3/15/2021 at 8:24 AM, Dezmond said:

I think its a 'Turbine Warning Stripe' - it marks the plane of rotation of the rearmost turbine disk, and by extension where you least want to be standing if it fails.

Possibly not actually the rearmost. Looking at these it looks like it lines up more with the front one, which is going to be where the gas is hottest and so the one most likely to fail. Or maybe it just generally marks the whole turbine. Anyway, I'm pretty sure its a 'don't stand here incase jet engine blades fly out' line.

Also as noted the turbines are in different places on a and b model Tomcats, so the line is gonna be in a different place.

1970s-Grumman-F-14-Tomcat-Jet-Period-Aircraft-Manual-_57.jpg

f14-detail-engine.gif

Yep, the A's warning stripe is behind the position slime lights, while on the B I think it runs roughly through the middle of them. An important detail to look out for when doing A/B liveries. My eyes usually go straight to 3 places when folks post liveries:

1. Intake Stencils
  2. Turbine Warning Stripe
  3. Fire Punch-Ins

It's pretty easy to pick those 3 up to see if any changes were made to correct those areas when doing an A model skin.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Hello skinners!

I made this one for a friend and could not get rid of using Jester's helmet for fun as the RIO.

The problem is: the LOD1_3in1 archive only has place for one helmet... the white one... so as you zoom out in external view, Jester's helmet turn to white.

Any solutions?

Mkt2.jpeg

Mkt.jpeg

Edited by =Skywarp=

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

17 hours ago, =Skywarp= said:

Hello skinners!

I made this one for a friend and could not get rid of using Jester's helmet for fun as the RIO.

The problem is: the LOD1_3in1 archive only has place for one helmet... the white one... so as you zoom out in external view, Jester's helmet turn to white.

Any solutions?

Mkt2.jpeg

Mkt.jpeg

Nope, it's been asked to add the second helmet to the LOD as well as a few other items. That's tied into the model itself. We've also asked about separate pilot bodies, separate tanks, and a few other sundry bits to add to the jet and LOD to help reflect some of the designs and schemes we've seen.

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

3 hours ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

Nope, it's been asked to add the second helmet to the LOD as well as a few other items. That's tied into the model itself. We've also asked about separate pilot bodies, separate tanks, and a few other sundry bits to add to the jet and LOD to help reflect some of the designs and schemes we've seen.

Tks for your reply, sir!

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally did two VF-1 Wolfpack CAG birds. To be precise, it's the same airframe, the first is with replacement radome (1988/89) and the other one with nice, colorful markings from ODS 1991. Each comes with custom roughmet. Enjoy!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3315955/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3315953/

Screen_210331_200301.png

greynose1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Where i can find the pilot helmet tamplate for F-14?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X/MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/GeForce RTX2080 Super/3840x2160/TrackIR v5/Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG+VPC War BRD+BRD педальки/Win 11