F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

Hell yeah, Black Aces :thumbup:

MQobyku.png

This is amazing.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Those skins look outstanding! It would be really better to have those skins available for both the A and the B. I can't imagine that I or others will use the A much (especially in MP), but I'd still love to have every squadron's colors. Please consider releasing these skins for the B as well so that we can enjoy them as much as possible. Thanks for your great work!

Can you point me to a decent sundowners hi-vis skin please? :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303892/

Tapatalkkal küldve az én S40 eszközömről

this skin color is maroon istead of red. is it ok?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Really nice skins y'all got in the works - can't wait to try them out.

@Reflected: What era is that Bounty Hunters livery from? Late 80s, I suppose? Lookin' great :)

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Issues with my first skin

After re-doing and almost finishing again my skin (first one) i still keep getting the same problem, the wings paint is darker, same for the tail, both stabiliser paint is much darker than the fuselage

the phoenix pylon, wing pylons and the fuel tank template arent working either (yes for the whole skin i used the template in the first page of the thread and i used assets within different liveries from the template to make and edit my skin and yes im using the intel plugin for ps)

After re-doing and almost finishing again my skin (first one) i still keep getting the same problem, the wings paint is darker, same for the tail, both stabiliser paint is much darker than the fuselage

the phoenix pylon, wing pylons and the fuel tank template arent working either (yes for the whole skin i used the template in the first page of the thread and i used assets within different liveries from the template to make and edit my skin and yes im using the intel plugin for ps)

and i think my issue is more when i try to export it and make it into the livery as in the photoshop the mipmaps load (finished state of the template) and they all look in the correct colour with no degrading of it

LOD texture ?

Been searching for ages but cannot find an answer, I managed to figure out how to skin the F14 but for the lige of me cannot figure out how to do the LOD file, so it keeps jumping back to a different skin at distance, is it even possible ? Because I don't see an LOD file in the paintkit, thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pay attention to what format you export in. I noticed that depending on what I selected in the Intel DDS export window in Photoshop the texture would come out super dark. It depends whether you select SRGB vs whatever the other option was.

Also the tail texture does seem to apply differently, I had to do extra work on it to have it match the rest of the aircraft whenever I used non-standard colors like dark sea blue or ww2 Blue-Gray. You may need to add extra color layers or play with the brightness/darkness/contrast manually to have it match the body of the aircraft more closely.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Pay attention to what format you export in. I noticed that depending on what I selected in the Intel DDS export window in Photoshop the texture would come out super dark. It depends whether you select SRGB vs whatever the other option was.

Also the tail texture does seem to apply differently, I had to do extra work on it to have it match the rest of the aircraft whenever I used non-standard colors like dark sea blue or ww2 Blue-Gray. You may need to add extra color layers or play with the brightness/darkness/contrast manually to have it match the body of the aircraft more closely.

thanks i will try that and see if it fix my problem

Changing the flight suits and helmets is a manual process of copy and overwrite though isn't it? Hopefully that could get a couple pull down menus in the Mission Editor or rearming page.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2