Dogfight Wings do not sweep

mortalkombat

When entering a dogfight in the F-14 hat hig speeds the plane of course will slow down as fighting progresses. But as I get slower while manovering the wings do not come forward eventhough set to auto and below mach 0.6. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Edited by mortalkombat
Can be moved to F-14 subforum

As mentioned in the bug report thread I've confirmed that there is a consistent issue here, i.e. the wings will not sweep at accelerations past 4.5 G's.

In reality sweep rate was merely reduced with increases in G loads, however it was nigh impossible to actually stall it, the sweep rate being 4 deg/sec at 7.5 G's.

This is also mentioned by one of the designers here at 13 min 47 sec:

SsUCixAeZ0A?t=826

j76WmPy.png

Edited by Hummingbird

Your flaps out?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I've noticed in every mission I fly, right off the bat, I have WINGSWEEP and CADC warning lights on. Seriously, immediately when the sim starts. DOesn't matter if I'm dogfighting or on short final.

Because of this, the wings don;t sweep automatically. Let me tell you it is hard to dogfight when you have to manually sweep the wings and look at where the CADC thinks it should be and try to match it.

Am I doing something wrong? I've odouble checked by manually sweeping the wings to where the CADC arrow is, then hitting the sweep switch on the throttle to AUTO. The sweep indicator says AUTO but it still refuses to sweep automatically.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Followup: Shutting down DCS and restarting fixed it. But why did it do that to begin with?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot