[NO BUG] Bad optimization

fl0w

yeah its performance is very heavy on fps.

textures are loading slower and shows us black cat during a few seconds.

i remember that cobra told that its performance is better than hornet and then he corrected it and said their performance is almost same.

i am a 16 gigs ram and 1070 user

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've turned off all Antialiasing and Anisotropic in DCS and turned on FXAA and Anisotropic 16x in Nvidia control panel, it's made a big difference to performance, 60 fps with v sync on. I'm running a GTX 970 and 16 Gb RAM, the F 14 is running sweet now.

Could you please post a screenshot of your video settings in the game?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I've never had these load times before or with other aircraft.

I just loaded into a "heavy" SP mission with multiple aircraft slots. When I select F-14, game freezes and i get very long load times.

What I don't understand is my RAM usage loading the mission was ~11-12GB of 16GB. Now sitting in the pilot seat of the F-14 my RAM usage is only 14GB. If my RAM isn't being used 100% why am I getting these load times?

I'm using 16gb RAM , GTX 970

Edited by dave9810

Honestly by flying both, the cat is even more hungry with Fps than the 18, mirrors removing give me about 20fps, maybe not loading screens for the part of the pit you don't sit in can improve something? I'm aware that this task is not easy as I think and maybe not possible to do but I'm pretty sure few steps can be made (from ED and HB), for me the black screen problem and loading time occurs with the beta update, not the cat especially, now everything load slower, look like the 2.0 memory leak...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

I've never had these load times before or with other aircraft.

I just loaded into a "heavy" SP mission with multiple aircraft slots. When I select F-14, game freezes and i get very long load times.

I'm using 16gb RAM , GTX 970

Same for me. Doesn't matter if the mission is "heavy" like the GaW server or a simple SP mission with just me and the carrier. Upon selecting the F-14 the game freezes for roughly a minute, after which I'm placed in the cockpit.

Never had this behaviour before with any other plane I own; Mirage, Harrier, Mig21, F-5, A10C.

16GB for me as well, and an NVME m.2 drive.

Not awful but kinda annoying.

8-12 GB just meets minimums. Need to keep that in mind.

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Recommended VR systems requirements (VR graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

I have a beast of a machine, I to can not get in MP without a crash, Single player in the F14 training missions is really bad also to a point un playable, I did the Waypoint training mission it was horrible.

MY PC

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.94 GB RAM usable)

Current resolution: 3840 x 2160, 60Hz

SSD M.2 drive

Hey guys. 8-12GB of RAM and a 970 (3.5GB of effective VRAM) is unfortunately significantly below the standard of high performance gaming today.

We recommend 16Gb for SP or 32GB for MP in the F-14 at present.

I know this looks like we're passing the buck; but there's a limit to how much we can optimize a 2 person, animated crew, complex jet. We'll continue to try and improve performance of course!

Im sorry Cobra but this should have been made clear during the pre-purchase phase. I have been nothing but supportive of Heatblur over the years and for this to be revealed only now is incredibly dissapointing. .

A minumum of 32GB for multiplayer should be placed somewhere on the product display page and PRINTED IN BOLD FONT.

Im incredibly angry right now, and justifiably so.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Coxy, start Su-33 and be ready on training at 1900z. You can be Tom Cruise on free time only! ...or GULAG!

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

I can get in the MP games, after an astoundingly long load time, however the performance is atrocious, pretty much unplayable. Im not sure whether it's my graphics card or my RAM. I believe it to be the latter, because single player missions work fine, and Im getting solid 60FPS with my settings.

I will try and do some research before upgrading. I don't want to buy another 16Gb of RAM only for it to be my video card (or vice versa).

I completely understand that the F14 is performance hungry, but we were led to believe by Cobra that it is around 15-20% slower than other modules, this is acceptable. However the reality is much different.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

This is what it looks like when I get into the jet in Multiplayer. This does not happen in Singleplayer! After a while (about 60 seconds) the textures load up. However I get consistent hitches when looking around and hitting switches in the cockpit. After getting in the air it is marginally better, but still extremely stuttery.

I would appreciate the help to determine the problem. Is it a VRAM or a RAM problem? Since Im getting solid 60FPS in the single player instant action and training missions I believe it to be the latter, but I can't be sure.

Screen_190314_155057.thumb.png.1dcdd05cdffabe467438e56d9fe5f256.png

Edited by OnlyforDCS

This is what it looks like when I get into the jet in Multiplayer. This does not happen in Singleplayer! After a while (about 60 seconds) the textures load up. However I get consistent hitches when looking around and hitting switches in the cockpit. After getting in the air it is marginally better, but still extremely stuttery.

I would appreciate the help to determine the problem. Is it a VRAM or a RAM problem? Since Im getting solid 60FPS in the single player instant action and training missions I believe it to be the latter, but I can't be sure.

Thats the same in the SU-33 also so it could be ED side. It takes an age to load the textures up.

It's been incredibly obvious from the beginning this was going to be a resource hungry module. All this laser scanned this and that, ray based radar, etc doesn't come cheap. You're all very naive especially for DCS users @@

The avg DCS aircraft is 150k-200k polys. The highest for a long time was the MiG-29 with 320k. The F-14 is 700k.

You do not get all the stuff you've been drooling over without paying for it. That said some of these issues MAY be bugs, etc, but a lot of this is dated PCs.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It's been incredibly obvious from the beginning this was going to be a resource hungry module. All this laser scanned this and that, ray based radar, etc doesn't come cheap. You're all very naive especially for DCS users @@

The avg DCS aircraft is 150k-200k polys. The highest for a long time was the MiG-29 with 320k. The F-14 is 700k.

You do not get all the stuff you've been drooling over without paying for it. That said some of these issues MAY be bugs, etc, but a lot of this is dated PCs.

Seriously man, do you have anything at all constructive to say in any thread? The performance is FINE in singleplayer, in fact it runs great if you drop some settings.

However in multiplayer something weird is going on. I suspect that it's loading fully detailed Tomcats and Hornets (of other players) instead of lower detailed models as it should.

Have you guys deleted yous shader folders as well? Be interested to know if that has helped anyone.

Yeah I did that, it did help with some random crashes yesterday.

The whole thing seems really inconsistent for me, try it in the morning, crashy crashy every 5 minutes, try it in the afternoon works fine for an hour or two without crashes. (all offline) I'm running the VR shader mod though.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Look here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235176

That would make sense if it were only the "lower end" PC's being affected, but its not. Personally, missions have been loading forever 5+minutes min while not using ALL THE RAM in my machine, only 11-12 out of 16GB. Even sitting in the cockpit it only used 14GB.

The black screen on the briefing screen is a NEW thing and not related to the F-14 as it happens to all aircraft.

I'm so disappointed. The high load times I don't care about... But apparently I straight up cannot play on MP. 5 minutes in, or 15 minutes in the game just crashes, runs out of memory.

I thought 16GB would be enough, especially in 1080p and mostly low settings. Welp. 70 euros well spent.

I'm so disappointed. The high load times I don't care about... But apparently I straight up cannot play on MP. 5 minutes in, or 15 minutes in the game just crashes, runs out of memory.

I thought 16GB would be enough, especially in 1080p and mostly low settings. Welp. 70 euros well spent.

What is your graphics card spec? Especially the VRAM?

I suspect that there is a VRAM issue that is connected to the number of objects in the busy missions, and that it is related to the Tomcat somehow.

I will test loading with some other aircraft to check.

Other aircraft also experience long loading times, but feature smooth gameplay. Everytime a Tomcat taxies past me frames drop to between 0 and 1 FPS. (This in the Tomcat)

I think VRAM is the issue here and not system RAM.