[NO BUG] Hydraulic Switches under cover not clickable

MarkP

Hello,

its nearly impossible to click switches in the up-position when there is a cover over them.

I need to lean back completely and smash the mouse for like 30 times to find that one little pixel to reach the switch.

Hard to explain :(

Edited by IronMike

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

Hi!

Yeah, the hydraulic transfer switch and pump can be hard to reach with the guard up, either lean back or move your view back.

We're looking at ways of solving this but it's due to the cover covering the switch too much currently.

I found that also, and it's generally not how guarded switches work, well not in Boeing 777 and 787 and 747 anyway. Can't 100% say for sure what they are like in any fighter aircraft.

There is usually a mechanism that as you push the guard back down, it flips the switch to its normal position, or it simply the design of the cover itself that does it.

I found that also, and it's generally not how guarded switches work, well not in Boeing 777 and 787 and 747 anyway. Can't 100% say for sure what they are like in any fighter aircraft.

There is usually a mechanism that as you push the guard back down, it flips the switch to its normal position, or it simply the design of the cover itself that does it.

yeah like in the ka50

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

This is hell for people with no 3d tracking, I couldn't solve it without binding movement keys... please make a binding for it, or even better, just make it more lenient in its detection radius - I know it's a minimal issue, but it's actually a game breaking one for anyone looking to do a complete startup without trackir (I have just a Tobii 4c, no spatial movement)

In VR I am about 50/50 sometimes I just have to try a couple of times.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Key binding for this needed ASAP. I tried leaning back with Track IR and I still can't get it.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

In VR here as well. I have to lean my head in. Very odd position to get it to a viewable state. Setting it to high is fine it's bringing it back down that's hard and takes a bunch of clicks.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Key binding for this needed ASAP. I tried leaning back with Track IR and I still can't get it.

Well after some toying around I used another view control using RCntrl+RShift+Numpad keys to pan/zoom the view in the cockpit.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

A solution. Just clicking over the guards they closed so the switch also go to the closed default position That way we can modify it.

Or just put a manipulator on the aft part of the guard that is only posible to manipulate when the guard is up.

Try to aim your mouse pointer right at the base of the switch where it comes out of the control panel. Leaning over to the right so you can physically see where the switch comes out of the panel helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Yes very hard, was a PITA first assisted startup yesterday, had to smach my mouse button multiple time to make it work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One way to solve this coule be to make it so that the clicking the cover flips and reverts the switch under it to the NORM position. So all one would have to do to engage it is lif tthe cover and flip the switch, once done only flip the cover back down.

One way to solve this coule be to make it so that the clicking the cover flips and reverts the switch under it to the NORM position. So all one would have to do to engage it is lif tthe cover and flip the switch, once done only flip the cover back down.

already mentioned...

A solution. Just clicking over the guards they closed so the switch also go to the closed default position That way we can modify it.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Hi!

Yeah, the hydraulic transfer switch and pump can be hard to reach with the guard up, either lean back or move your view back.

We're looking at ways of solving this but it's due to the cover covering the switch too much currently.

In my experience, the covers are shaped in a way that if you close them, you actuate the switch back with them. Hence I was confused why we can't just close the cover, and it puts the switch back into normal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Yes, this is a real pain. I have the exact same issue with the Emergency Flight Hydraulic switch nearby.

Very, very difficult in TrackIR, but effectively impossible in VR.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Or make the guard flip up higher.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

First off, AMAZING JOB GENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hands down the dream I have been waiting for since I was a kid back in the day of Janes USNF and Fleet Defender.

Second, for the love of god fix the Hydraulic Transfer Pump switch like the guys are saying here. I only do realistic start ups and I have tried every way/view possible and it is a crap shoot if I can get it back to normal or not. Turning it off is no problem, it is going back to normal. You gents fix this and we will be good to go.

Absolutely love the Tomcat guys, I can not stress this enough. I have gents at work ready to start buying DCS now. Looking forward to the A-6 next Hahahaha!!!!!

Yeah, I feel like I want to qualify every minor gripe I report on here. This is hands down the most impressive module I've ever seen and I've been in DCS since Black Shark was launched, and I'm so pleased for Heatblur that it's come good after such a long development.

Also, please fix the hydraulic transfer pump switch guys! >_<