[NO BUG] Can not cold start

fencible

I can no longer cold start Huey. Gas converter reaches only about 1800 RPM and will not go beyond. If I run the Cold Start training mission, it works fine. Also if I run a hot start mission, and shut down the engine, then I can start it up ok.

I have noticed that the control settings menu has a corruption: there are two entries for the External Cargo Safety switch.

I move the throttle to the max position and then back to idle after switching the fuel on and before pressing the starter button. That should fix it.

Yes, this works! Thank you Elor.

This throttle movement was not a requirement before, so something has recently changed, and my key-binding list is still corrupted.

Yes, this works! Thank you Elor.

This throttle movement was not a requirement before, so something has recently changed, and my key-binding list is still corrupted.

For corrupted keybinds, I believe this came about when ED added binding files for the most common joysticks/throttles.

If you go to

DCS WORLD/Mods/Aircraft/Uh-1H/input/UH-1H/joystick

and move/delete all the files except default.lua, you're bindings should return to normal

I suggest just moving the files out of the folder to check if it works first, you can always put them back in if needed.

• 1 year later...

I am not sure if this is typical to all... I find that my binding for the  Warthog left throttle arm for the Huey throttle does not bind correctly... so make sure that you can see the throttle rotate on the collective (on screen) before startup else the turbine will not increase RPM past idle!  Use the KB keys 'page up / page down' to kick start the Warthog left throttle.  Once done it then works ok after!  Itried removing the KB binds incase this was interfering with the Warthog binding... but it didn't fix it!