Switch to OpenBeta

D.Va

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Updating or Switching an Install Between "Open Beta" and "Release" Version Branches (1.2.8.):

In the Command Prompt Windows:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version> (ie dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.7 )

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version.subversion> (ie dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.7.23803)

UPDATER VERSION 2.6.8.41 And Newer Use:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <version>@Branch (ie DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.1@openbeta, DCS_updater.exe update 2.0.0@openalpha )

DCS_updater.exe update @release

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

DCS_updater.exe update @openalpha

Eligible Values are:

release | Switches and Updates to the Latest Release Build

openbeta | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Beta Build

openalpha | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Alpha Build

• Like 3

See first and second post. :D

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

At your service!

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• 1 year later...
Can we install open beta and stable and run one or the other or can we only have one install at one.

You can do both:

Run one or the other = 2 complete installs of DCS (openbeta and stable)

only have one install = single install but it's only one version. You must use the updater to change the version before you can play it.:book:

It didn't work because I was already on OB, which I verified by comparing the version number with the one in the update forum. Where can I see what's my branch?

You can check your branch in the autoupdate.cfg file in your DCS installation folder (e.g. D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World -> autoupdate.cfg). It should list the branch you're on in the 2nd or 3rd line.

(Glad to see someone who understands the difference between version and branch :))

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

When I go to open the command prompt I have to do it I only have the option of using Powershell in the bin folder.

If I type .\DCS_updater.exe update @open beta it just runs the updater.exe and leaves it in stable version. What am I missing here?

If correcting the spelling doesn't work, there's a method of launching command prompt window in BIN folder as well, which still works in current Win10. Navigate to that folder, click on the navigation bar, clear it out and type "cmd", as shown here:

• Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks for the rapid replies. I ended up using CMD prompt. I just couldn't figure powershell out. Fingers crossed I find a little more multiplayer on open beta, Stable is pretty much dead.

Edit: ok so rather than just downloading the additional/different files like I thought it would, it's now doing a 61gb download and really filling up my tiny SSD.

Edited by Shibbyland

Edit: ok so rather than just downloading the additional/different files like I thought it would, it's now doing a 61gb download and really filling up my tiny SSD.

I'm pretty sure it just downloads the additional/different files, but because there have been so many changes since the last stable, a lot of files (including the big terrain files) have been changed and need to be redowlnoaded in their latest version.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nice, got that. It's still downloading 61gb of data. That seems excessive given that when beta moves to stable branch it's nowhere near that size. I thought the difference was more in the region of the 4gb of deltas it initially downloads.

That's one thing I'll give steam, you can just switch between the two no worries. I'm glad I'm not using steam but yea I don't have that kind of space on my SSD. It'll fit but there won't be much space afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Download Skatezilla's GUI . One or two clicks will do everything you need maintenance-wise .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Download Skatezilla's GUI . One or two clicks will do everything you need maintenance-wise .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Well, now that was easy. (Had to download 25 GB of data, but it launched the OB afterwards with all of my settings intact).

Also, I had to delete the Civil Aircraft Mod.

What a great utility though. I got tired of waiting for all of the campaign/training bugs to be fixed on stable, so I'll see how the OB works. So far it seems great. I'm not using VR at the moment though, but TrackIR seems smooth, and a quick Instant Action test flight on Persian Gulf with the Mirage runs smooth at my capped 98 FPS.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Well, now that was easy. (Had to download 25 GB of data, but it launched the OB afterwards with all of my settings intact).

Also, I had to delete the Civil Aircraft Mod.

What a great utility though. I got tired of waiting for all of the campaign/training bugs to be fixed on stable, so I'll see how the OB works. So far it seems great. I'm not using VR at the moment though, but TrackIR seems smooth, and a quick Instant Action test flight on Persian Gulf with the Mirage runs smooth at my capped 98 FPS.

Mav-f with Litening works much better on OB :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 year later...

You're not doing something wrong. Powershell doesn't like the "@" character because it means something special for it.

Here's the proper Powershell command:

DCS_updater.exe update `@openbeta

• Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.