Is f-14 out, already?

normanleto

So main patch installed, Open Beta run and in Module Manager there's the F-14 module ready to download.

Now just 2082.2 MBytes to go....

Ah ok, so F-14 hasn't been released yet!

I thought they said it will be released on the 13th of March, but it's just open beta.

Why do we have the stable version again?

Ah ok, so F-14 hasn't been released yet!

I thought they said it will be released on the 13th of March, but it's just open beta.

Why do we have the stable version again?

We have the stable version for version of the aircraft that are considered well tested and stable.

The F-14B is hugely complex (and just the first of the two aircraft type this module is scheduled to contain) and early access allows DCS & Heatblur to give a vastly larger number of people access to the module which should help identify issues much faster and get a much wider range of feedback on question.

In essence we accept that we are getting something before it's fully complete in order to a) marvel at it's glory sooner and b) help break it.

We have the stable version for version of the aircraft that are considered well tested and stable.

The F-14B is hugely complex (and just the first of the two aircraft type this module is scheduled to contain) and early access allows DCS & Heatblur to give a vastly larger number of people access to the module which should help identify issues much faster and get a much wider range of feedback on question.

In essence we accept that we are getting something before it's fully complete in order to a) marvel at it's glory sooner and b) help break it.

And I dont mind that but in that case stable should not have any of the modules that are still being developed and do not have their full features.

And nothing prevents ED to clearly specify that the module release is in open beta only on such and such day.

And if i payed for early access then why do all the youtube experts have access before me? Did they pay for early early access?

Ah that might be why I'm having issues, I've never used the beta version of dcs as of yet. Tried to run the game updater from the start menu but it just tells me my game is up to date.

You need to re-download another 64gb for the Open Beta version???? Really :|

Nope, you can update to open beta using this software https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

I'm downloading a 3gb update right now, so I'm assuming its now released. Especially considering the speed of said update is pitiful xD

Should we set up a system to take turns downloading the new update? =P

Yup, the F14 module has been released, the DCS client discovers the module and is now installing. (approx 48 peers @5MB/s dl / 2.5MB/s upload)

Edited by twobells

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

Yup, the F14 module has been released, the DCS client discovers the module and is now installing. (approx 48 peers @5MB/s dl / 2.5MB/s upload)

Unfortunately after downloading the 2082MByte F-14 file quickly via torrent the updater has also decided it needs a 484.9MBytes file which it's downloading via HTTP at about 100KB/s :(

(Not sure why I'm so impatient, I'm at work RDPing onto my home PC so even if it was downloaded already I woudn't be able to play for at least another 3 1/2 hours)

Edited by Matchstick

well your all doing better than me. my open beta isnt showing an update at all.... :(

Whats your build version? Are you using Skatezilla's Updater utility?

ps.......weeeeeeeeeeeee

f14-3.jpg

Edited by twobells

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

I'm not home ATM. I'm going to get my wife to update for me. How long is it taking to download?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Ho No! SOS!

I'm at work yet!

I still have another hour at work until it's time to go home!

I think I'm going to ask for my resignation, just to go do this download!

Edited by Chacina

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

30 minutes for the update and it looks like 15 minutes for the module as well.

Wow that fast. Thanks for the reply.:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

It is 12:15 (PM) here in Central Europe. Is Tomcat out? I don't see it in-game modules "available to download" list. We have 13/03/2019.

Any exact hour, perhaps?:pilotfly:

Oh they made a mistake it's suppose to be 2020

(hehe don't need anymore down loaders)

Seriously though at the current DL speed you might want to wait for 2020. 27KB/s SAD!

I'm not home ATM. I'm going to get my wife to update for me. How long is it taking to download?

FOREVER!! currently getting avg 20 KB/s First half went quick then everyone piled on and so far about another 25% has taken 2.5 hours and another 25% to go. SLOOOOOOW

I've been absolutely CRAWLING through the download. It's killing me!

Yeah, it is being a good Wingie I had at times more upload (1.8 Mb/s) than download (1.7 Mb/s).

But then that makes it more appropriate, remember back when the Tomcat was still in service that was a blindingly fast Internet Connection! ;) :lol:

"What is DCS World Early Access?

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs. The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely based on the scope of the project, technical hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible. An Early Access module can be played on both the Open Beta and Release versions of DCS World. Once the module exits Early Access, you will automatically have the Release version."

This was important to me for some reason. Safe flying Aviators!

(yeah, i'm still waiting but I'm okay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 (64) - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core - 32 GB RAM - RTX 2080 Super

I'm not seeing the F-14 module in game or in the module manager. Running version 2.5.4.28090. I had an update this morning, did it update me out of open beta or something? It still shows "bought" on the DCS website.

edit: I figured out. I had to use the DCS updater repair utility and after that ran, it updated to a newer version 2.5.4. 28461 and now I see the F14 module :-)

Edited by JDski