Triple Monitor FOV

Hi everyone I am new to DCS world. I have a triple monitor set up and from the research I have done so far, it seems I am going to have FOV issues. I want the FOV on my triple monitors to look the same as if it was on a single monitor.

Do I need to edit my LUA files to accomplish this? If so can someone please give me a current link to a LUA file editor and the most current guide to set up triple monitor FOV please?

I have found a few posts but I want the most current guides. Thanks for any help

Before going with Oculus this is what I worked with.

Play with the values till you get the alignment you want between the 3 monitors. The angle of the side monitors need to be angled correctly.

BEZEL ADJUSTMENT:

DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup/3Cameras.lua

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 3;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = -1.05;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect / 3;

},

Center =

{

x = screen.width / 3;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

},

Right =

{

x = screen.width * 2 / 3;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 1.05;

viewDy = 0;

OP hasn't stated if he's using the 3 camera viewport or the single camera, so that may not apply to him. The FOV on the 3 camera setting should not look any different from a single screen (canopy frame contained on the middle screen, VS across all 3 screens when using single camera output). IMO the single camera output looks better (and definitely performs better) but the FOV has to be tweaked.

I have an old FOV mod from when I used to run triple screens I can maybe share when I get home. It won't cover newer modules though as I went single screen a couple years ago.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am using 3 screens as 1. I tried the 3 screen set up that Fitness88 posted above, but no matter how much I play with the viewDx number it wont line up right.

Is there any way to get the 3 screens as 1 setup have the same FOV as the normal 1 screen FOV. I just want to zoom out more so I can see the instruments.

Config/view/Server.lua.

In there you should find min/max FOV for aircraft that you can change.

CameraViewAngleLimits  = {20.000000,140.000000},

Find those and change 140 to 160.

Keep in mind, it's possible for multiplayer servers to override this file (most don't even know they're doing it) and you will be stuck with default FOV.

One of the reasons I finally went away from a triple screen in favor of an ultrawide.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Hi,

I played around with FOV for a long time and these settings and the zoom slider full back is what works best for me. I have 3x 27" WQHD with a resolution of 7680 x 1440:

CameraViewAngleLimits = {70.000000,130.000000}

If you put the second dimension too high you have a bad fisheye effect at the sides (you cannot get rid of it anyway but can get it into a reasonable range).

I hope this helps.

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

You need to play around with the two dimensions to find your proper setting.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

• 1 year later...

3 monitor setup , center is 27-inch , right and left are 24inch

Hi there ,

Trying to figure out how to set up my monitors to work for DCS 2.5. 3 monitors , center is 27in and right and left are 24 inch. connected to a 2080ti. any assistance would be much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I move form single screen to triple 3x27"" 2560x1440. And of course I have FOV issue with one huge 1camera view - "to close to HUD or massive distortion of sideviews"

Last night I got idea, but I decide to ask if anybody. So did anyone try run DCS with 3 portraits displays so instead of 7680x1440 do 4320x2560

So yo can get extra vertical space and better aspect for portraits 13.5:8 (close to 16:9) then 16:3 for landscapes.

Of coures you got 2 monitors' frames closer together, so thats way I'm asking beforem move all my screens and cables sideways....

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

• 2 years later...

Best solution I found is evwrytime I center my trackIR with the button I lean close to the monitor before pressing it.  Then when I sit back I get the FOV I want.  It's annoying but it's the only thing I've found.  Tried the server.lua and that made no change 

CameraViewAngleLimits = {70.000000,130.000000} 70.0 would be your nearest zoom fov and 130 the most far away. the zoom range is 60

If you take the half of the zoom range and add it to the nearest fov, you get your default fov. So you have a couple of different aproaches but all will effect your zoom range.

Edited by erniedaoage

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick