How resource intensive is the F14 compared with other modules?

MobiSev

How could we know?

the devs would know....people who tested it could know

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

On a 1:1 basis versus the Hornet, expect 7-15% less performance.

When placing 20 Tomcats on the Tarmac versus 20 Hornets and looking at them from a distance, expect the Tomcat scene to perform 70-200% better.

We wanted to run detailed benchmarks but we've ran out of time unfortunately.

Expect it to be more resource intensive across the board. Generally, we tried to design the product to be truly next-gen and futureproof.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On a 1:1 basis versus the Hornet, expect 7-15% less performance.

When placing 20 Tomcats on the Tarmac versus 20 Hornets and looking at them from a distance, expect the Tomcat scene to perform 70-200% better.

We wanted to run detailed benchmarks but we've ran out of time unfortunately.

Expect it to be more resource intensive across the board. Generally, we tried to design the product to be truly next-gen and futureproof.

Nice that won't break the processing power bank when it comes to VR.

I dunno, In many VR scenarios I'm running its a dog... 30fps or less. It does hold 45 over water fine though. But I've got a low end rig.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

4k flatscreen, native 4k resolution

noticeable FPS drop near ground level, but not noticeably more than any other module, including the F18.

Loading time is roughly the same as well. But there is a 4-5s freeze of blackscreen behind the briefing page before the game starts.

2080, i7700k, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 1tb NVMe SSD

At my PC:

In cockpit, 30-40% less fps than F-18C.

Loading times are about 10x loading times of F-18C

GF970 + i53570k + 16gb ram + ssd. Medium settings.

can confirm

i7-6800k | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 | 8GB GeForce GTX 1080 | Win10pro x64 | Oculus Rift | Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Saitek PRO Flight Rudder Pedals