Just in case there's not enough hype...

DoomEngine

Now you can build your plane, so you can paint your plane, so you can look at your plane, while you FLY your plane! :megalol:

I have all kinds of pictures of an aircraft in flight that I took on WestPac 1985. There is a Hasagawa model with decals for that exact aircraft, which I now have. Once I can skin a 14A with the same livery I will have photos, a model, and a DCS version to fly around...

I’ve had the 1/32 version of that kit sitting in the closet for a few years now. Really want to build it but I wouldn’t have anywhere to put it if I did, that model is enormous when finished.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Actually I own two of these. The first one was left in its original colors and just weathered and flown, while the second one (in the pics) was repainted in low vis grim reapers scheme but yet unflown. I could see myself retiring one just for that purpose as I had a similar ceiling ;)

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

It's a great kit. Here's my attempt:

That looks great, nice weathering, too.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

What an exquisite kit! the level of detail is awesome.

Flaming Squirrel. Nice execution! Love the weathering.

I personaly have the Die cast models... don´t have the time to build my own. (I radder be flaying DCS).

But I must admit that the level of detail is not that grate.

Those big tamiya kits are really out of this world. Expensive as hell but worth every cent. The level of detail, and subsequent work required, is so far beyond anything I’d imagined when I was a kid. Besides the F-14, the F-16CJ is one of my favorites. The F110 engine itself is fully buildable and able to be removed from the plane.

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/60315f16cj/index.htm

Squirrel that Tomcat looks fantastic. Great job on the detailing.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Very clean, nice. Part of the reason I go for weathering is to cover up all my mistakes :lol:

How did you do such a good job with the vertical stab decals? The transparent part of the skull and crossbones left a horrible white sheen on mine. I had to very carefully respray over it to fix it.

Many talented people here it seems.

Loce the models!

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Damn. You guys are seriously talented.

My first attempt at painting a model. In progress. ac3f8071cdce4efb9944018870a61ba5.jpgfef2d9ca4663c77ddbb3e09a21bccc45.jpgb8be624f1c41a15b8e946952577a9008.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Looks like a good start. But you may wanna check the wing assembly. It looks like you installed them upside-down.