Can someone look at this mission and tell me where im going wrong.

Cowboy10uk

hi Guys and gals, just wondering can someone please have a look at this mission and tell me where im going wrong.

I cannot for the love of me get the tanker to show up on the radio menu.

251.000 AM, ive tried changing the presets for the aircraft, tried manual tuning, tried both radios in the F18, even tried changing the tanker from a C130 to an S3. but the darn thing refuses to give me an option in the radio menu to select it.

Tacan works great, Radio works great with the ships. Its just the tanker that im struggling with.

Mission is attached below

Carrier and AAR practise.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

hi Guys and gals, just wondering can someone please have a look at this mission and tell me where im going wrong.

251.000 AM, ive tried changing the presets for the aircraft, tried manual tuning, tried both radios in the F18, even tried changing the tanker from a C130 to an S3. but the darn thing refuses to give me an option in the radio menu to select it.

Tacan works great, Radio works great with the ships. Its just the tanker that im struggling with.

Hey Cowboy,

I'm at work at the moment but I'll certainly give it a look/test when I get home. I'm having a big push with getting to know the ME inside and out to put together some carrier based missions & campaign myself, so I'm quite into the general subject at the mo and would be happy to see if i can sniff out the issue.

Brick.

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

So, first I have no idea what you/DCS did.. but your tanker was definitely bugged.

I deleted your aircraft and recreated it. It works now.

Also, the first thing I noticed was the 20 waypoints lol. You don't have to do that.

Set your desired aircraft down on the map

Set desire speed and altitude

Set WP1 at the desired location

Select WP0

Advanced Waypoint Options

Perform Task > Orbit>Race-Track> Desired Speed and altitude within aircraft limitations

Vuala!! The aircraft will run a race-track orbit between its' starting location and WP1 until it runs out of fuel and has to RTB.

I have included a new copy of your mission with the changes made so you can review it.

1553194035_Refueltest.thumb.jpg.a1e3daa47dc067c445719965cfcf5611.jpg

Orbit.thumb.png.315768405efd9663fc25d2de541e680a.png

Carrier and AAR practise.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

So, first I have no idea what you/DCS did.. but your tanker was definitely bugged.

Also, the first thing I noticed was the 20 waypoints lol. You don't have to do that.

Select WP0

Perform Task > Orbit>Race-Track> Desired Speed and altitude within aircraft limitations

Vuala!! The aircraft will run a race-track orbit between its' starting location and WP1 until it runs out of fuel and has to RTB.

I have included a new copy of your mission with the changes made so you can review it.

Thankyou very much. Really is appreciated, will give it a go tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Select WP0

Having been away from the editor for a good many years I also found your post helpful,,,:thumbup:

Thanks....Shad

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Looked at the fixed mission and still has a few things wrong with it ..

In updated mission I didnt see any orbit

also speed is waaaay to slow..

Normally, refueling efforts are carried out at about 250–275 knots. Boom systems can go faster; drogue systems are less flexible.