Vertical landing with SU-33, how to do it ?

This video looks so amazing: someone does vertical landing with the Sukhoi 33 on the Kuz - i've never seen anything like that before, i want to know how to do it

/ can anyone show me a step-by-step instruction to do like that. (if yes, i'll try to do vertical landing first on the runway :lol: )

thanks in advance !

here, the video for all those who have never seen

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/en52/1367/

Hehe. Nice edit of the Kuz' speed, most likely. Either that, or they've radically changed the behaviour of the aircraft.

Nifty, regardless :laugh:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Set a headwind at maximum speed, aim your kuznetsov into that wind, set the kuz at maximum speed, fly as slow as you can, and hope for the best I guess.

Won't be able to practice on a runway I think though

maybe swap the model with a helo and edit it :P

Is breaking the laws of gravity illegal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mother nature doesn't give you a wealth of options here. The vertical velocity is controlled by thrust. How are you going to do that if you don't want forward speed and your engines only thrust backwards, not downwards? The only way to land it "vertically" is when the carrier moves also in the same direction at the minimal required speed so that you have sufficient lift. It looks as if you land vertically, but you don't. Over land it's a no go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Set a headwind at maximum speed, aim your kuznetsov into that wind, set the kuz at maximum speed, fly as slow as you can, and hope for the best I guess.

Won't be able to practice on a runway I think though

maybe swap the model with a helo and edit it :P

That is the way to do it!

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

i've added the SU-33 STOVL track into the game (download from LOfiles) to see how it works but.....it doesn't work correctly: at the most interesting step when the SU-33 prepares for vertical landing on the Kuz....suddenly the track is end surrender.gif surrender.gif

oh my god, i hate it choler.gif......embarrassed.gif

Anyone here have the same prob with that track ??