Unit damage __% trigger

I was wondering if it would be possible to add to the trigger options "Unit Damaged __%".

In the ME when you set up triggers you can set a trigger based on if a unit is dead, and then trigger an action, but it would be quite useful to have the option of triggering an action based off of a unit being damaged to a certain mission designer defined amount.

What I want to do is be able to knock things out of action based on a mission designers choice, eg if I shoot an SA-15 with a HARM and its damage bar shows up as say 70% I want to change its ROE and emissions to simulate that it has suffered enough damage to render it unable to fight.

For example there are lots of units which have sensitive electronics, that at the moment are still able to fight when damaged, where IRL if they were say "30%" damaged, or had "70%" health, what ever that really means (to me that would seem hard to really quantify as a percentage IRL) they'd be likely be unable to do anything, hell even attempting to fire a missile after suffering damage may cause an explosion.

Edited by Cap'n kamikaze

A proper damage model with subsistems would be much better IMO. :D

+∞

Subsystem/Module damage is the way to go with this I think

But CA vehicles as a whole could do with some much needed attention, I'd personally like a full-fidelity vehicle module even if it's a BRDM-2 or PT-76B

• Proper track/wheel physics (even if subtly abbreviated) - including things like neutral steering etc.
  • 'Cockpits' - like aircraft
  • ERA
  • Smoke Systems
  • Suspension Modelling
  • Stabilisers
  • Exterior Lights
  • Control over stowage/deployment of RADARs
  • Control over hatches/optic covers
  • Ammunition
  • Better implementation of amphibious operations
  • Transport Capability

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+∞

Subsystem/Module damage is the way to go with this I think

But CA vehicles as a whole could do with some much needed attention, I'd personally like a full-fidelity vehicle module even if it's a BRDM-2 or PT-76B

• Proper track/wheel physics (even if subtly abbreviated)
  • 'Cockpits' - like aircraft
  • ERA
  • Smoke Systems
  • Suspension Modelling
  • Stabilisers
  • Exterior Lights
  • Control over stowage/deployment of RADARs
  • Control over hatches/optic covers
  • Ammunition
  • Better implementation of amphibious operations
  • Transport Capability

Yep, that would make mission kill a posibility. Imagine crew abandoning a damaged vehicle. :D

Also I'm not sure how armor penetration currently works, it would be nice to have it properly modeled, with different kinds of warheads achieving different level of penetration depending of armor but also on hit angle (with possibility of ricocheting).