Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

Awww great... After I couldn't progress in your EW 3.0 due to some consistent crashes as a side effects from ED updates, I've put DCS aside for being freakin disappointed. After months, I just got back to it, seeing at last some significant amount of updates for F-18, and I even committed to buy Raven One. Mission 1 was great, just to come up then to Mission 2 being broken yet again due to ED's own update. I really dunno what to say... :no_sad:

Any plan to update the campaign for last INS Alignment changes ? I just started the mission 1. and with new alignment fix, i cannot takeoff quick enough.

Do you use the Stored Heading alignment? That should take pretty much the same time as it did before the changes to the alignment.

Any plan to update the campaign for last INS Alignment changes ? I just started the mission 1. and with new alignment fix, i cannot takeoff quick enough.

The stored alignment still works, plus you shouldn't press spacebar until you are ready to taxi. Saint doesn't move until after you press the spacebar. So the mission is waiting for you to start, if you press spacebar prior to be being ready, everything starts in motion.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

The stored alignment still works, plus you shouldn't press spacebar until you are ready to taxi. Saint doesn't move until after you press the spacebar. So the mission is waiting for you to start, if you press spacebar prior to be being ready, everything starts in motion.

Thanks for the information !

Well, I sucked it up today. I had bought the book but nothing to run the campaign. So, I just bought the Campaign, Persian Gulf, and Supercarrier.

Now, to get down to learning the Hornet better so I can run this campaign. The work begins.

• Like 3

Buzz

Oh, so you are saying that the campaign is broken right now?

I was just about to start it, since I need some time away from all those MP issues. Obviously a SP Campaign is not a proper solution right now...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Well, I sucked it up today. I had bought the book but nothing to run the campaign. So, I just bought the Campaign, Persian Gulf, and Supercarrier.

Now, to get down to learning the Hornet better so I can run this campaign. The work begins.

Enjoy it, it's the best campaign out there in my opinion. Feels very real throughout the entire thing! Good purchase.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Oh, so you are saying that the campaign is broken right now?

I was just about to start it, since I need some time away from all those MP issues. Obviously a SP Campaign is not a proper solution right now...

The only problematic mission at this point is M7, where the AI goes dumb. Funny I fixed the behaviour of the AI, but it was broken in the very update which included the fix ;) I fixed it again today and this and some other updates will be out on Nov 4.

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi! I absolutely love this campaign, however in mission 2 I have some real trouble understanding the braa instructions from magic... The headings makes no sense at all...

(Sorry Im not at the computer at the moment so cant give an sure example) but its something like "bandit 062 at 15".... Something like that... Excuse me for the bad phraselogy...

I assume 062 in this case is the heading... But the bandit is nowhere near that heading...

Am I misunderstanding something? Thank you all!

• 3 weeks later...
I couldn't pick up bandit on either radar or on SA. Should I be able?

Don't believe you will pick them up on SA page until you've acquired them via radar. It is very important that you go into the HSI, DATA, then scroll up through the waypoints until you see ROCK displayed at the top line (I forget which waypoint it is for that mission), then you need to set it as the A/A waypoint (aka bullseye) by pressing the OSB on the left column, second from the bottom (A/A WYPT?) This is how you create a bullseye reference in the Hornet.

After you've done this, you will notice that you get additional information on the HSI, SA page, and the RDR ATTK page. You get references to bullseye via these sensors - which will ultimately help you not only find the contact in question - but give you further SA during missions (not just exclusive to this campaign).

Do that, and you will be able to slew the TDC on the radar to match the BRAA from BULLS that the AWACS is giving you, and make it much easier to find. Don't forget to adjust your radar elevation scan to match the altitude given for the contact.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

By the way, when asked for fuel state, what does the response "Ladder" means? Where can I find this info anyways?

Thanks

"Ladder is constantly updated fuel reserve depending on the situation etc that is close to USAF “joker”."

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dlc-campaigns/baltic-dragon/f-a-18c-raven-one-campaign/286776-set-ladder-to-5000-tank-to-3000?p=6387257#post6387257

Cheers,

Ziptie

In mission 3 the JTAC says apparently two sets of coordinates in the same sentence - or is the first the same but in MGRS, preceeding the Lat/Long? Or is the first number not coordinates?

However I entered Lat/Long but the JDAM missed, close but just outside the compound without effect. My fault, or not precise enough coordinates?

It's not the capmaign's fault, but when I enter JTAC coordinates, the zeros preceeding the number "4" are not showing up on the JDAM displyay. Instead of ...30 04". 00 it is ...30 4." 00. Bug?

Oh, one more thing: in JDAM PP mode, after entering TGT coordinates on the UFC, can I slave FLIR to the JDAM target to visually acquire it too?

In mission 3 the JTAC says apparently two sets of coordinates in the same sentence - or is the first the same but in MGRS, preceeding the Lat/Long? Or is the first number not coordinates?

However I entered Lat/Long but the JDAM missed, close but just outside the compound without effect. My fault, or not precise enough coordinates?

It's not the capmaign's fault, but when I enter JTAC coordinates, the zeros preceeding the number "4" are not showing up on the JDAM displyay. Instead of ...30 04". 00 it is ...30 4." 00. Bug?

Oh, one more thing: in JDAM PP mode, after entering TGT coordinates on the UFC, can I slave FLIR to the JDAM target to visually acquire it too?

Had the same problem awhile ago - solution available here!

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dlc-campaigns/baltic-dragon/f-a-18c-raven-one-campaign/bugs-and-problems-bo/287252-mission-9-gps-issue

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2