Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

Yes, I got the idea, but that book was written inspired by real events, isnt it?

The carrier (Valley Forge) also is fictional, the only CV named like this was decommissioned in 1970. I think for a real pilot it was safer to create a fictional squadron and boat, so he could tap into his own memories and real-life events without too many people feeling offended. I don't see how this breaks immersion.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Yes, I got the idea, but that book was written inspired by real events, isnt it?

No, it's fiction. However, it's very realistically written by a former strike lead and squadron commander, so it reads almost like actual events.

This is something that a lot of prior military authors do when writing military fiction- create fictional units for their main protagonists. In Raven One, the Valley Forge isn't a real life carrier either, nor is the Coral Sea as depicted in Captain Miller's second book: Declared Hostile. (There was a real world carrier named Coral Sea, but in the book it's clearly a different ship than the real-life CV-43.)

This allows the author a little more creative license, and also adds insulation against unwelcome comparisons being drawn between real world units (and their commanders) versus their fictional counterparts. In fact, in Raven One the entire air wing is made of fictional squadrons.

Mission 08 is bugged for me. After comm checks on the deck, the wingman doesn't/can't move to the CAT because of other aircraft on the deck blocking her path. I did generate a new logbook.lua file and just told the campaign to start the Raven One Campaign on Mission 08, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. yX7loaq

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

Mission 08 is bugged for me. After comm checks on the deck, the wingman doesn't/can't move to the CAT because of other aircraft on the deck blocking her path. I did generate a new logbook.lua file and just told the campaign to start the Raven One Campaign on Mission 08, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. yX7loaq

Hey, please check this thread and post number 5, the fix is there :) also, if you haven't done so already, have a look at the dedicated R1 forum in DLC campaigns section. Hope this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hello all. I don't know if anyone still follows this thread, but I need some assistance so here goes.

I am having an issue on Mission 03 dropping the J-82. I input the coordinates as given, I don't know where or if he gives the elevation, I've re-flown the mission a dozen times, and every single time, the bomb drops a couple of meters outside the compound in the exact same spot.

Getting a little frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I checked the documentation in the mission folder, but it only gives a glossary of terms. Nowhere is the format of the coordinate information covered.

Hope someone reads and replies to this soon.

Kind Regard

J3tBl4st

I also have the same issue. When I put the coordinates into the JDAM, (The elevation is 10 feet BTW) I always miss about 100 yards NE. Is it because the coordinates are given as 6 digits, where the JDAM takes 8 digits? I've just been putting .00 after the coordinates. I ended up ordering Smoke to drop on it... He somehow figured it out...

Thanks for any insight

T,

Edited by Aa416295

I also have the same issue. When I put the coordinates into the JDAM, (The elevation is 10 feet BTW) I always miss about 100 yards NE. Is it because the coordinates are given as 6 digits, where the JDAM takes 8 digits? I've just been putting .00 after the coordinates. I ended up ordering Smoke to drop on it... He somehow figured it out...

Thanks for any insight

T,

The coordinates probably just aren't precise enough.

What I did was enter it into the UFC as a waypoint, use WPDSG to designate that waypoint and swing the pod to that point, then refined the aim point with the pod and dropped in TOO mode. Shack'd the center of the compound no problem!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I just bought the campaign ... in the second mission the pilot Springfield 71 (AI) after taking off from the aircraft carrier lands and does not execute the flight plan. How can I continue the mission? I refueled myself ...:cry:

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

I just bought the campaign ... in the second mission the pilot Springfield 71 (AI) after taking off from the aircraft carrier lands and does not execute the flight plan. How can I continue the mission? I refueled myself ...:cry:

Hey Jakal, I saw some people reporting this but I can't reproduce this behaviour for the life of me, tried several times, waited on the deck (and the wingman would orbit around the carrier waiting for me to take off).

Make sure you are airborne before him and try again. Trigger-wise everything is OK and for me it works... let me know if it helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Very nice campaign, already bought it. But why there are so few combat missions?

Most of the missions in this campaign are trainings, reconnaissance flights, and flying in formation to salute a dead pilot...

Its also very interesting, dont get me wront, but IMO it will be a lot more interesting if there are more combat missions.

Edited by VDV

Very nice campaign, already bought it. But why there are so few combat missions?

Most of the missions in this campaign are trainings, reconnaissance flights, and flying in formation to salute a dead pilot...

Its also very interesting, dont get me wront, but IMO it will be a lot more interesting if there are more combat missions.

I’m pretty sure it’s missions are based off a book, and the book isn’t about an all out war.

Modules: A10C, F5, F14, F16, F18, F86, AV8B, UH1, Mi8, Ka50, FC3, Supercarrier, CA, P47, P51

The campaign is modeled after the book of the same name. And in the book & the military in general: hours of training/ boredom, coupled with minutes of sheer terror/combat. However, those small moments will stick with you longer than an entire campaign that just throws unrealistic scenarios at you from start to finish.

If you ever wanted to know what it is like to be a navy pilot, this is the closest you'll get to experiencing it, without joining the military

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Hi,

I'm very happy to fly this campagne, but in mission 5, I can't find the solution to prevent my leader from getting shot over Iran by a sukoi.

Can you give me a clue?

The one where he's passed out on autopilot? He's supposed to get shot down, it's part of the storyline!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Please provide the option to cold ramp start the Hornet. I see this trend towards every SP mission starting hot on the catapult. I don’t know why this would be done because there’s already an Auto Start key. I have never seen DLC campaigns skip the startup until flying the Hornet.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Please provide the option to cold ramp start the Hornet. I see this trend towards every SP mission starting hot on the catapult. I don’t know why this would be done because there’s already an Auto Start key. I have never seen DLC campaigns skip the startup until flying the Hornet.
Pretty much all missions in this campaign are cold start on the deck.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Pretty much all missions in this campaign are cold start on the deck.

:thumbup:

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Mission 12 Problems Completing

I love this campaign. It is very enjoyable and challenging; best I have played. I am having a problem completing mission 12 (Alert 7) with a good score. I go to the anchor point, and successfully defend rain forest against the 10 SU-24's and Mig 29's, shooting down all of them between myself, wing man and the 2 Mirage-2000's from UAE. I then respond "tiger" when asked about fuel state since I am not a joker (have about 8k left). I am directed then to commit against 2 tomcats to the north. They immediately fire AIM-54 at us and we defend by notching and chaff. One Mirage gets hit and my wing-man says good chute. We are then relieved on station and given the option of refueling or contacting Marshal. I change to Marshal freq (Button 3 this mission) and press space to have wing man do the same. From here I never hear from marshal so I contact them as I normally would using the comms. Am told BRC is 358 see me at 10. I do as requested, kissing off wing man using space bar as requested, and land on the carrier (with a 3 wire in last case). When I check my wing man he is headed west over the mountains towards the target area again. I quit the mission and receive a score of 50 for the mission, even tho I got a lot of points for kills. Can anyone tell me what i am missing here not to get 100 percent for mission completion? I have flown this mission at least 10 times with the same type of results. Thanks!!

Edited by Augermc

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling a bit with mission one....yes I know, I feel a bit ashamed:)

My problem is the landing. For some reason the Velocity Vector on the HUD is much lower than normally it is. When I try to land in another mission it is OK, I can land no problems but in this mission this is messed up for some reason. I think I am doing something wrong during the cold start or I am not trimmed correctly? I tried to push Cage/Uncage but to be honest I haven't seen any difference. The velocity vector sits around the -5 degree ladder.

What am I screwing up?

Thanks!