Controls settings bug

Add me to the list when mapping the F14. I did notice it last week as well when mapping planes from FC that I'd never used. It's also hanging until rebooted if you try and back out from the mission.

*EDIT: It's the break axis L&R for me as well.

Edited by imaner76
Additional info

I'm enjoying the most expensive free game in history. Leave me alone. :joystick::pilotfly:

Please, can you or someone post link to download this file from Stable version? Thank you.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/py2ho57550eqp76/View.lua

This should work. Emphasys in "should", it could be a file with local settings I have no control over, so try at your own risk - backup your older file in any case, and try a repair first maybe.

FOR PEOPLE SCROLLING QUICKLY: TRY A REPAIR* OR IF YOU HAVE A STABLE VERSION COPY THE VIEW.LUA FILE YOU HAVE IN YOUR dcs world/scripts/input FOLDER OVER TO THE OPEN BETA! If you don't have a stable install or if the repair doesn't work, try the mediafire link over here, it has my stable view.lua file, it should work, but I don't know if it will carry over my personal game settings or stuff like that.

Also remember that the game bugs over only when setting up axes. If you want to set up a plane and wait for an official fix, get into a mission with it, set all the controls (even if they're not showing you're actually binding them) then quit to desktop and it should keep the controls and work just fine.

*how to repair: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

Edited by Galf

Another one joins the choir.. Version 2.5.4.28461

I'm only able to assign one axis, and then no more axis can be assigned or tuned until game has been restarted. Also, unable to load a mission after setting up this one axis, game will just hang.

After a restart, I can either assign another axis, and then it will stop working again, or elect to load a mission.

Could we please get an official fix for this?

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

So, I had the same problem and I fixed it by pasting the View.lua file from DCS Stable to DCS OB.

Here is a cut from my post where I worked it out, on the A-4 thread because I thought it was an A-4 bug before realizing it happened with all modules:

So, you guys should go check out the DCS log file on "\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs" and if it shows the same error (ALERT error bla bla bla view.lua) then the fix involves replacing that view.lua file.

I had a stable install so I copied that. If you don't have that, maybe a repair. Otherwise I can host the file? But I don't know if it's something that will work for everyone.

Many thanks for the fix, Galf. :thumbup: Copying view.lua appears to have solved my problems.

I fixed by lua.view, it works also for F-14.

But its problem, checksum for online game will be differ.

Checked lua code and this working lua file from stable file have more differ content.

Damn, why is this important this so ignored! :mad:

Edited by Magot

+1 on this issue. cant bind any switch or axis after i bind the brake axis

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

I confirm the problem, experienced in DCS versions 2.5.4.28090 and 2.5.4.28461, with both the MiG-19P and the F14B.

There is another closely related issue: when DCS is restarted it is possible to assign axes again, but after a short time the visual displacement bar stops working (sometimes it doesn't work from the beginning).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Confirm this is happening for me with the latest open beta (F-14). Can a community rep give us an indication of the status on this problem?

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have send to NineLine an MP with no reply, I made a ticket for the support through the website today... We need a good reporting system on this forum, the actual one is horrible, you have the feeling of being no listened :(

Edited by Pougatchev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

I have send to NineLine an MP with no reply, I made a ticket for the support through the website today... We need a good reporting system on this forum, the actual one is horrible, you have the feeling of being no listened :(

Agreed, I have tens of unread bug reports, and quite a few patches that were never taken (actually none of them, even by PM to ED or 3rd parties like Razbam and Heatblur).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thankfully i found that thread, as i wanted to setup my controls for the F14 and the Axis stopped to respond and no buttons could be set afterwards.

Edit: yes, i have the same problem

So i will try to set the controls whilst in game /pit

the second try would be that "view.lua" file.

atleast i know i am not alone with that bug /problem.

To go around I do it for an axis, click on OK then restart again and again until all is OK... So long, so boring, taking a break from dcs, don't get any reply is the only thing I hate with this sim, I don't care if it take a month or 2 days to repair but let us know that you are aware of the problem, it's almost the same for new loading time increasing and the black screen just before flight... All off this remember me the released of the 2.0...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

To go around I do it for an axis, click on OK then restart again and again until all is OK... So long, so boring, taking a break from dcs, don't get any reply is the only thing I hate with this sim, I don't care if it take a month or 2 days to repair but let us know that you are aware of the problem, it's almost the same for new loading time increasing and the black screen just before flight... All off this remember me the released of the 2.0...

Read previous page, I provided a fix. I still have not tried multiplayer with it because of real life issues, but it should work.

You can also bind all controls while flying with the aircraft and then quit, it will remember the binds.

After mapping any button or axis, the controls options stop working and I have to restart whole game to make it working again and to be able to setup next axis or button.

Some specification to make it able to reproduce bug:

- I open the axis assign controls settings.

- Double click to any window

- By moving with the controller, the game automatically detects the desired axis.

- Click O.K.

- Double click to any other input window

- Now I can move with any axis as long as possible, but nothing happens. I have to set the axis manually or restart the whole game and do the same steps again and again.

Please, can someone try this to make me sure the problem is in game or just in my system? Thank You.

Game version: 2.5.4.28090 - non-steam version.

Own almost all addons.

I don't own the Mig-19p

No mods installed. Not even the TacView.

Rig:

PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W

MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5

CPU: Core I7-6700K

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 64GB (Kit 4x16GB) 2400MHz CL15

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G

SSD: Samsung NVMe SM951 512GB

Peripherals:

TrackIR 5

MFG Crosswind V2 Rudder pedals

Virpil Mongoos T-50 base and grip

HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle

Headset Logitech G433

Just write:

"Yes, I have the same problem"

or

"No, I don't have this problem"

Or if someone have experience with this problem and knows how to fix that, I will give big thanx to You. :)

Edit: I tried to do repair, cleanup, delete DCS folder in userprofile, run as admin, unplug all USB devices, unplug controllers one by one, nothing helped.

Edit 3: The issue does not happen instantly. Sometimes it is sooner, sometimes later. But it happens for every aircraft.

Will update the list

Edit 4: Tried to make rollback to Stable - no issue there.

Edit 5: Went back to OB. At L-39C - I've found it alway stop working righ after mapping the 5th axis.

Edit 6: Most often it happens after mapping the analogue brake axis.

Yup I have HOTAS problelms after the last game update. I cannot re-map my stick / throttle settings :(

TPR Pendlum Rudder and F-14

Well I'm very pleased with the game accept I can not map my Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder System to the F-14. I have to use the coolie switch on my HOTAS WARTHOG for my rudder and brakes. Is there anyone out there with the same problem that maybe using the TPR Pendlum Rudder System. It's very disturbing to me that I have one of the most expensive rudder systems out there and I can't use it. Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks in advance.:joystick: