MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

no, they got smarter.

Yes but they had to piss in their pants first!:helpsmilie:

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

MiG-35 OLS may see USAF stealth planes very nicely as well. Today it’s impossible to hide the plane from the complex of powerful optics with IR vision.Viktor Shargorodsky, NII PP general designer: “Stealth technology today is mostly decreasing it’s visibility in radio bands. But for the optical bands, especially in IR ranges the main parameter is temperature. And you can do nothing about it. Engines have great flow of hot air which can be detected perfectly from the big range if we are behind the plane. If we are going face to face, so first of all we still see some part of this flow and second we can see the front edges of wings which meet air flow and become warm too.”
-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look, the 'mostly in radio bands' thing is correct, perhaps for a lot of 'low observable' fighters, but the fact IS that there's a video somewhere out there demonstrating an M1A1 INVISIBLE in the IR band AT 500 METERS!

So ... this 'IRST/OLS is the stealth beater' is BS, and I don't mean black shark.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Look, the 'mostly in radio bands' thing is correct, perhaps for a lot of 'low observable' fighters, but the fact IS that there's a video somewhere out there demonstrating an M1A1 INVISIBLE in the IR band AT 500 METERS!

My fridge is also invisible in the IR band, nut when you look from the back... or the top ;)

Unless the M1A1 runs on a zero point module, it will be warm somewhere, same applies to a F-22, F-302 and the USS Enterprise-E, with warp coils, giving off heat.

It's not a stalth beater, but when a normal radar can see the F-22 under 20 km, then it has some advantage, not that it's going to matter. But then again, the Mig-35 is not neant to fight F-22s, its meant to fight separatists with rich arab fundraisers, buying them tanks and other hardware from oil money. That's where the Mig-35 comes in handy.

Nobody will touch your precious F-22, now lets all hope that nobody will issue the F-22 to shoot down other airfroces on non US soil (but that surely will happen :/).

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

So ... this 'IRST/OLS is the stealth beater' is BS, and I don't mean black shark.

Impossible while moving! (Contact/Friction with the ground while moving)

It is possible to hide tanks by using plates made of special materials.

This technique was successful used during the Yugo war: only 151 tanks were destroyed out of 1,270 tanks, including T-72s, T-74s, T-55s.

For the moment I can only see one way to touch the precious F-22: the S-400 :D.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Impossible while moving! (Contact/Friction with the ground while moving)

Wrong. This was demonstrated on a moving M1. And you COULD see it while it was moving, but with /great/ difficulty - you literally had to stop your sight right there and watch carefully.

Why is this a big deal? A tank gunner scans his sight side to side fairly fast, without stopping. And if the tank itself is moving too, it makes that target nearly impossible to see. Now, who was it that pointed out that this heat -must- go somewhere? That person was absolutely correct. The rear end might not be covered at all - but that in and of itself is quite fine, as the M1 isn't supposed to expose that side of itself anyway ... the idea is ... you get the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th shot where normally you'd move after the 1st or if you're lucky, 2nd.

Not to mention you could hide in forest and get MUCH closer to your enemies in day -and- night even if they are using thermals, and get some serious kill-shots in.

Have a look: http://www.defensereview.com/article725.html

Anyway, I digress - the point is, IR masking is REAL.

It is possible to hide tanks by using plates made of special materials.

This technique was successful used during the Yugo war: only 151 tanks were destroyed out of 1,270 tanks, including T-72s, T-74s, T-55s.

Camouflage works in IR too, not a surprise ;)

For the moment I can only see one way to touch the precious F-22: the S-400 :D.

Not even ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Have a look: http://www.defensereview.com/article725.html

Anyway, I digress - the point is, IR masking is REAL.

Camouflage works in IR too, not a surprise ;)

Not even ...

I remember a thief being caught at the local store having successfully defeated multiple times the detection system with a simple tin foil under his clothes :D.

The cracking sound must have betrayed him!

The point is: every system has a weakness…

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Now you're just grasping at straws with that statement.

When that 'thief' has blown up a half to two thirds of your armor or aircraft before he's caught, it's a little too late to do any catching.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I remember a thief being caught at the local store having successfully defeated multiple times the detection system with a simple tin foil under his clothes :D.

The cracking sound must have betrayed him!

The point is: every system has a weakness…

Fine then, what's the weakness of the systems we're discussing? If you still deny the effectiveness of IR stealth, then you must know something the rest of us don't.

And I'm pretty sure there's no tin foil on the camouflage/stealth suite of the M1A2 or the F-22.

sigzk5.jpg

It is possible to hide tanks by using plates made of special materials.This technique was successful used during the Yugo war: only 151 tanks were destroyed out of 1,270 tanks, including T-72s, T-74s, T-55s.

That's a funny name for wet blankets :D:music_whistling:

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

This video demonstrates a system that will keep the MiG pilot aware of all threats and targets in a way never before done. AMRAAM's won't be able to touch this plane.

An Aero.ru fan I presume?

Next it'll be the plasma stealth.

Not matter how good the system is, dodging a couple of A-A missiles will be hard, be it an AMRAAM or a modified Hawk, it may dodge 3 of them, but then the fourth will go boom. But then again, this plane is made for multirole, not air superiority, don't expect it to be some mini AWACS, it's just a great asset for strike and SEAD missions, shooting down an occasional Mirage-2000 or Gripen. Not to start aerial WWIII, that's the F-22's speciality.

• Like 1

The fact that so few tanks were hit in the yugo war was because of weather and difficult terrain. WHere a cloud wouldnt hide them, a mountain would. Theres lot of deep valeys in there, and of course the camouflage.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

Seems we've been here already. ;) TucksonSonny, accept an advice from a fellow belgian: forget it! OLS, Pirate, OSF are very, very nice, but they are NOT stealth-killers.

That is very kind of you but I learned in life to take never something for granted! :D

(After 900 posts from me you should know that I always swim in the opposite direction)

My guess is also that you don’t know anything about the much classified Pirate system!

Stealth system was hacked already in 1998 by Czech Tamara anti-stealth radar.

And again by a British invention:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/06/11/nbom11.xml

Just where in the world did you get that number? NATO web site?

There were seventeen confirmed mobile units that were destroyed during 72 days of NATO’s use of military over Yugoslavia. All other “kills” was either decoys, or civilian targets.

There was an article in Newsweek magazine discussing the number of targets destroyed by NATO with general Clark on front page. That article was amazing stating some things that I can not say here because I would be banned. Basically NATO grossly overstated the number of destroyed mobile targets.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Probably did the same with the number of 'engine failures', I still remember how hard I laughed when they said it like 3 times in a week on the news, morons couldn't think of some better excuse.

This uber mig-29 can be a good asset for the IAF, what bother me more is that the now desperate US military industry now thinks about offering the F-35 to them. Yaay, we pay our taxes for that damn thing and Israel and maybe India are going to get it for free, with no development costs involved. That's almost like selling low quantities of hyper modern nuclear warheads to China saying, here you go, friend, have these, we put billions in it, but you can buy it for the shelf price and reverse engineer it.

So: Mig-35 MRCA ftw!!!

so many advanced dogfighters here!

I don't know cumquats from chicken squat about most of what you guys are talking about, But!! all things considered, I think any of you would rather take your chances in a new highly agile fighter like the MiG35 versus a last generation fighter, especially in a knife fight. America's best front line fighters are 30 years old. The newer models (F-22, F-35) are not as agile as the MiG-35. Period. I'm from the good old USA, but I watch the demonstration videos, and I can see with my own eyes which fighters have the better agility. As for offensive/defensive systems, none of these planes have been tested in actual combat. All else is specualtion.

ta-daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! there it is.

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Well the mig-35 is also an upgrade from a 30 year old plane. MAny people say its a totaly new plane under the skin but then I wonder why they consider it a block 50+ F-16 a 30 year old legacy plane. Most western planes have already suffered similar transformations as the Mig-35, but the latter is considered a superfighter somehow.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

you have a good point, Pilotasso, but...

Well the mig-35 is also an upgrade from a 30 year old plane. MAny people say its a totaly new plane under the skin but then I wonder why they consider it a block 50+ F-16 a 30 year old legacy plane. Most western planes have already suffered similar transformations as the Mig-35, but the latter is considered a superfighter somehow.

my only point is that the MiG-35 is a high-agility fighter. I know the Falcon has been upgraded all through-out it's life. I guess the same is true of the Eagle. Hell, they're still beautiful planes to look at too. But I speak only of agility here. So I only have the one point: agility. I think the Russian planes own that category insofar as operational fighter planes is concerned. Surely we can agree on that one point?:smilewink:

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry: