Model Request: NITKA sky jump for CATOBAR carrier takeoff training

CTR

Dear 3d modelers,

maybe someone of you has the skill and time to model a NITKA sky jump as static object? It would be great to train takeoffs (yes it is possibe from the Kuznetzov too) for us Su-33 and Harrier pilots on existing airfields. Maybe it's fun for others too since the several other types where tested on sky jumps as well: MiG-27, MiG-29, Su-25, Su-27S, Su-27UB, J-15, F-14A, F-18 (yes its true), F-35, inline skater.

Here are some pics for reference of the NITKA / Saki sky jump on the crimean penisula.

nitka1.jpg

carrirbased001-3.jpg

70_big.jpg

54_big.jpg

1466765110_342.jpg

25468.jpg

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Flanker driver since 1996

Last time I did a ski jump not all airframes could use it, but that was a few years back.

Will try again sometime soon.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Last time I did a ski jump not all airframes could use it, but that was a few years back.

Will try again sometime soon.

It may be a limitation from the collision model, damage model, and/or the FM used.

Cool you guy's looking into it! If you post the EDM file i try to figure out how to register it as a static model in the lua files!

Interesting that not all planes could use the ski jump you mentioned. Did they go thou the 3d model / ignore the collision model of the ski jump? I hope the DCS engine changed since your last attempt.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Flanker driver since 1996

ramp2.jpg

ramp.jpg

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

pm sent

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's my ramp....

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321138/

You can use the code if you want..... just change the names so no conflicts arise.

• Like 2

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Comparing DCS World's new Skiramp object and joey45 's Ground Ramp object mod .

20220724dcs_skiramp_cmpr.jpg

A bit different length and gradient.
Skiramp might be in the same dimensions of HMS Invincible R05's ski-jump deck after 1989 (not equal to 1982 one and RAZBAM's Invincible object ... perhaps).

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

I made mine around the same the A10C came out and I think the A10A AFM..... Not every aircraft could use it like the SFM ones and I think the A10A AFM.

Mine wasn't modelled on anything particular unlike Razbams. 

On 7/23/2022 at 2:33 PM, Zeagle said:

I don't know if you all noticed, but ED put a ramp in the static objects/structures list.

Screen_220723_072758.jpg

Yep. That's by Razbam. I do not own Harrier but I guess it would work with it. Hornet doesn't, front gear damage. 

I have not tried Su-33, which I assume would work fine. 

I was wondering if Hornet could ski jump from Kuznetsov as well. As I could not place Hornet on Kuz via ME I trapped on it,  but once I subsequently set up for a jump, the main gear collapsed once the JBD came up, together with those red wheels chocks whatever these are called. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

In my trying , F/A-18C breaks its nose gear at 115 kt GS / 125 kt CAS (w/ 10 kt wind) at ED's Skiramp.

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg