DCS Server Control

One more question. I'd like to run 2 servers from my LAN, is there a way to change the 8088 port so I can run both from 1 WAN address and port forward to 2 seperate LAN IPs?

Read the second post of this thread. Look at the webgui_port setting.

On server, open file in <DCS INSTALLATION FOLDER>\MissionEditor\dedicatedServerGUI.lua

About line 65 and before the existing : "local res = net.start_server(s)" add :

net.set_name("JDF-Flighter") -- ADD THIS LINE. Change nickname "JDF-Flighter" to your liking eg "Admin" 

Mine still says player :(

I assume there's no problem if that string contains a space, so how am I dumb?

While I'm here, I have an old laptop with an integrated intel HD 4000, which supposedly will run DX-12, but DCS insists (via the log) something like "your graphics card does not support DirectX 11 features" and closes.

Any thoughts there (other than that laptop is a pile of garbage, this I know.)

It'll run as a server, but I can't get into the GUI to change some configuration.

Edited by Wrench

Mine still says player :(

I assume there's no problem if that string contains a space, so how am I dumb?

Mine has a space and works fine ("DCS-Chile Admin") ... check to see that you are editing this file on the DCS Program's folder and not on Saved Games.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I guess I will try again and ask, if a person was to build a new pc just for a server, what would be the recommended specs? I don't want to spend more than needed so will an I-5 work and what speed? 16MB ram enough? I know I can get by with a lesser video card. I want the server to run with zero hiccups.

Thanks

All data exchange between DCS server and WebGUI is encrypted. There's a fixed key for the localhost interface and a dynamic key for the outer interfaces. That's why we host the WebGUI: data exchange is HTTPS-protected between your browser and site-hosted WebGUI and custom-encrypted between the site and the DCS server.

Thanks. We now have several admins on the rcon console and 6 different instances running on two hosts. Works fine but some functions not yet functional. Thanks!

One tip to headless server hosters. Don't let the local webGUI console be active in Firefox or a local browser because it takes quite some resources! Only needed to run are the DCS logo window for each instance and SRS for each server (different folders and different ports for each SRS radio) if you use radio. Even a Task Manager window takes some CPU resources so close it down! :thumbup:

After reading this entire thread, I can start a server and access it via web GUI, but I can't see and join it from multiplayer, and I can't access it directly via IP, even locally on the same network.

What is the process for making it discoverable in the world? I haven't seen this problem answered.

I've looked through the thread and can't find an answer thus far. Does anyone know the IP range to the DCS centralized servers? I would like to allow the remote management feature of our server with minimal security risk. I personally don't feel 100% comfortable with 8088, secondary, to the n-th range of ports being opened to the entire world.

open and forward these ports to your server:

TCP/UDP Ports:

TCP:

8088 for webgui on ED site

make sure both pc hosting firewall and your router have these ports open.

I guess I will try again and ask, if a person was to build a new pc just for a server, what would be the recommended specs? I don't want to spend more than needed so will an I-5 work and what speed? 16MB ram enough? I know I can get by with a lesser video card. I want the server to run with zero hiccups.

I built my server using older components that I had lying on my studio .. 6 GB of DDR3 RAM, an old motherboard with a pretty weak processor, and an old computer case ... the only new component was an SSD 240 GB disk that costed me less than 50 dollars.

The motherboard/processor has integrated GPU that turned out to be compatible with DX11, so no problem there :)

I have still to stress test it with several simultaneous players, but so far seems to work fine.

PD: This is my "server" while I was loading DCS on it:

b7UQVuh.jpg

.. and this is its definitive place, under my router:

YLeNY6X.jpg

:D

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi all

Seems I’m having some issues running the multiple servers. I’ve created 3 instances and all three servers are operating under different Ports. However, clients are not able to connect to the servers if I have more then one running.. There must be something that is conflicting with each other but can’t figure it out.

On another note on my DCS/ personal/ game server page indicates that I’m running 9 servers when in fact there is only three servers running. I’m at a lose here. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated as I’m defiantly note seeing the problem.

Thanks

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

open and forward these ports to your server:

TCP/UDP Ports:

TCP:

8088 for webgui on ED site

make sure both pc hosting firewall and your router have these ports open.

I don't think you understood my post. I understand 8088 or whatever other designated port I so choose needs to be opened up to the web for the ED site. I was asking for information so I could restrict it to ED site IP range so I don't have to worry about some script kiddy messing with my dedicated server. :)

I don't think you understood my post. I understand 8088 or whatever other designated port I so choose needs to be opened up to the web for the ED site. I was asking for information so I could restrict it to ED site IP range so I don't have to worry about some script kiddy messing with my dedicated server. :)

^^^ This

ED, please provide source IPs.

Some people are hosting servers from their homes, and are taking it on blind trust that your service is secure. Kindly provide some additional information so that hosters can ensure they're solidly protected. Thanks.

Edited by epoch

It's strange for my server.

He disappears from the list and even when I try to connect with his IP, the answer is that the server is offline.

Only workaround for the moment; I have a crontab task that makes a telnet to its IP and port 10308 every minute.

This way, the server wakes up and appears again in the server list.

It happens even if there are players on it.

Edited by Carlton2001

Hi, so I am attempting to run DCS-DS on a VMS off of my ESXi host. Bottom line, I got a DCS server working on it with this DS, so it works. Here is the thing though, I automate everything and I need it to be automated. So this means I need the server to start automatically on boot (which I already have that covered) and I need to have the mission start automatically when the server starts (which is where I'm running into my issues). So before anyone goes answering, I'm not talking about the pausing on load, because I already had someone confuse it. And yes I have my server set to "Resume On Load". I have a mission list setup in serverSettings.lua and it works. My only issue that I need working is for the missions to autostart upon server load. Everything else is working fine for me regarding this server, its great!

This is my serverSettings.lua at the moment:

cfg =

{

["listShuffle"] = false,

["current"] = 1,

["isPublic"] = true,

["description"] = "Welcome",

["require_pure_textures"] = false,

["missionList"] =

{

[1] = "C:\\Users\\User\\Saved Games\\DCS-DS-SRV-1\\Missions\\MG.miz",

[2] = "C:\\Users\\User\\Saved Games\\DCS-DS-SRV-1\\Missions\\MG.miz",

}, -- end of ["missionList"]

["uri"] = "startServer",

["advanced"] =

{

["allow_change_tailno"] = true,

["disable_events"] = false,

["allow_ownship_export"] = true,

["allow_object_export"] = true,

["pause_on_load"] = false,

["allow_sensor_export"] = true,

["event_Takeoff"] = true,

["pause_without_clients"] = false,

["client_outbound_limit"] = 0,

["client_inbound_limit"] = 0,

["event_Role"] = true,

["allow_change_skin"] = true,

["event_Connect"] = true,

["event_Ejecting"] = true,

["event_Kill"] = true,

["event_Crash"] = true,

["resume_mode"] = 1,

["maxPing"] = 0,

}, -- end of ["advanced"]

["require_pure_models"] = true,

["require_pure_clients"] = true,

["name"] = "DCS Server - DEV TESTING",

["port"] = 10308,

["password"] = "1234",

["listLoop"] = true,

["bind_address"] = "192.168.1.15",

["maxPlayers"] = 20,

} -- end of cfg

Hi, so I am attempting to run DCS-DS on a VMS off of my ESXi host. Bottom line, I got a DCS server working on it with this DS, so it works. Here is the thing though, I automate everything and I need it to be automated. So this means I need the server to start automatically on boot (which I already have that covered) and I need to have the mission start automatically when the server starts (which is where I'm running into my issues). So before anyone goes answering, I'm not talking about the pausing on load, because I already had someone confuse it. And yes I have my server set to "Resume On Load". I have a mission list setup in serverSettings.lua and it works. My only issue that I need working is for the missions to autostart upon server load. Everything else is working fine for me regarding this server, its great!

This is my serverSettings.lua at the moment:

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000322.htm

just create a batch file with server launch info then toss it in startup folder.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Dont understand, you are forwarding only one group of ports to one ip address this is how servers work. They dont get ip address on your local network they just get access to that port that DCS server is running on.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000322.htm

just create a batch file with server launch info then toss it in startup folder.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

You did not read what I said mate... I have that part down. I'm talking about the mission starting upon exe startup. When starting the exe, the mission doesn't autostart. I have to manually press start, and then the mission starts up fine unpaused. I need the mission to autostart upon exe load.

Dont understand, you are forwarding only one group of ports to one ip address this is how servers work. They dont get ip address on your local network they just get access to that port that DCS server is running on.

With respect, it seems you don't quite understand what we're asking for here. We'll just wait until ED replies. They'll understand. :thumbup:

you might be better with the FQDN of the service rather than a physical/logical IP address, sometimes IP addresses change quite a bit..

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

You did not read what I said mate... I have that part down. I'm talking about the mission starting upon exe startup. When starting the exe, the mission doesn't autostart. I have to manually press start, and then the mission starts up fine unpaused. I need the mission to autostart upon exe load.

Does the mission auto start if you load up the server in the 'old' way, without running it as a dedicated server?

Does the mission auto start if you load up the server in the 'old' way, without running it as a dedicated server?

So I'm a bit confused on your question...

Are you asking did the mission auto start through the DCS gui? no

If that's not what you meant, then let me explain my situation. Since I am running this on a VMS/VPS or what ever you want to call it, I can only run this in "no render mode". To also iterate, "no render mode" still didn't work for me before this dedicated server update because some high end graphics were still some what required at the time. Basically running this new dedicated server release was my only option to get my VMS/VPS to host a DCS match. So running DCS without being a dedicated server is not an option for me and never was.

If someone else is able to get these missions to autostart upon exe load, it might help to see a detailed example file structure and code structure to make sure i'm not missing anything, or if I have too much of something. Throw it in a zip and I can work off that to see where the issue lies.

I can't get remote control to our server to work.

The remote server is logged on to DCS Home page with the same account as my local PC which also logged on and viewing the "Server" page but there is nothing in the "My Server" tab.

Our Server shows up in the "All Servers" tab and is accessible to clients.

Local Web control works fine but doing this through "TeamViewer" is cumbersome as I have a 260mS ping time to the remote server.

I have no idea why its not showing up or accessible via my local WebGUI.

What am I missing....... ?

As it turns out it was not a port or firewall issue. Even after I had completed a fresh install on our remote server it was still using an old "Server" account to do auto login.

This is what I was taking notice of "has to be logged in into your DCS account on the DCS homepage." (tunnel vision)

Should have picked up on this earlier. Thanks for all the help.

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I built my server using older components that I had lying on my studio .. 6 GB of DDR3 RAM, an old motherboard with a pretty weak processor, and an old computer case ... the only new component was an SSD 240 GB disk that costed me less than 50 dollars.

The motherboard/processor has integrated GPU that turned out to be compatible with DX11, so no problem there :)

I have still to stress test it with several simultaneous players, but so far seems to work fine.

PD: This is my "server" while I was loading DCS on it:

b7UQVuh.jpg

.. and this is its definitive place, under my router:

YLeNY6X.jpg

:D

Thanks Rudel. :) Exactly what processor are you running? Intel? What GHz? I am pretty sure I will build something better/faster but keep us up to date how it works when you get some players in there. And if you fly the F/A18 see how many M84 CBU's you can drop without it failing. :thumbup: