DCS Server Control

i know how it works, but you're using the regular dcs as the server meanwhile i'm on the proper dedicated server install that crashes out when you launch it through dcs.exe and only works when you launch it through dcs_updater.exe

Im on a Virtual machine using it this way no graphics card.

go over my post and try the settings/autoexec.cfg

autoexec.cfg: (in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config) if not there make one

options.graphics.fullScreen = false

options.graphics.render3D = false

• 2 weeks later...

Missions

When I try to add a mission and use it, I click on the last mission in a list of 4 or 5 missions. It says running as it starts to load the mission, then it switched to the next mission above it in the list and runs that one instead. My workaround is to add the new mission 2 times so when I start the bottom one, it moves up one to the copy of it.

Also, deleting a mission seems tricky. What is the correct procedure to delete missions?

Thanks

Select the mission with the button on the side and then hit the trash can on the top right of the section to delete it

That is what I do but it doesn't work. Then I stop the server and try again and it still doesn't work. Eventually it will delete but it seems buggy or I am not holding my mouth right. :D I am remotely administering through my local network with Firefox if that makes a difference...

That is what I do but it doesn't work. Then I stop the server and try again and it still doesn't work. Eventually it will delete but it seems buggy or I am not holding my mouth right. :D I am remotely administering through my local network with Firefox if that makes a difference...

Might be bugged then, manually edit the serverconfig.lua to add new missions, it's quite easy to do

Might be bugged then, manually edit the serverconfig.lua to add new missions, it's quite easy to do

I will give that a go and see if it solves the issue. Is there a bug report section for the dedicated beta server or is this thread it?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please remind me how to update the dedicated server?

I tried running the DCS_updater that's in the Bin folder, and that just booted 2.5.4.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Run it with commands to force an update. For instance I have this in a batch file in my root install folder:

bin\dcs_updater update @openbeta 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Since the intro of the new dedicated server client, how is everyone now running multiple instances of same install? Previously I ran two shortcuts of the /bin/dcs.exe and added --server --norender --w Server1 and Server 2 to each shortcut.

Now when I try the same shortcuts after upgrading to the actual dedicated client, if I launch to dcs.exe I'm asked for a Normandy key and the program goes unresponsive. If I change the shortcut to point to updater_dcs.exe I get "unrecognized command server or no render or server1 and server2"

Also also as of 2.5.5 update if anyone having issues getting web gui to load their server?

Has anyone else had their AI become unresponsive when using the --norender option in 2.5.5?

Mission I have, the AI will do what they are directed to do via waypoint advanced actions, but they will not attack targets of opportunity.

If I do NOT use the --norender, everything works normally.

Has anyone else had their AI become unresponsive when using the --norender option in 2.5.5?

Mission I have, the AI will do what they are directed to do via waypoint advanced actions, but they will not attack targets of opportunity.

If I do NOT use the --norender, everything works normally.

Yeah all late activated units, using --norender infantry doesn't fire to enemies

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Yeah all late activated units, using --norender infantry doesn't fire to enemies

From what I have seen, this affects more than late activation units. All of our AA units are in from the start, and they all go cold with "--norender".

From what I have seen, this affects more than late activation units. All of our AA units are in from the start, and they all go cold with "--norender".

This is so bad, since I was working on a complex mission I thought it was only related to the late activated unit, we really need a fix asap!

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!