DCS Server Control

With --webgui included with execution startup or not, the results are exactly the same in every way as the previous post.

The server startup command should be without the —webgui as this will create one server instance in your saved games with the name of “ebgui”.

Have you started the server without using the command line and set up a mission and saved it to a mission list? Just do that a couple of times and make sure the same list with your missions come up. Then when everything is working you vcan use the command line startup.

Is anyone here currently testing/running dedicated server instance in an AWS-based Windows Server 2016 VM? I'm curious of the performance and max player count people are seeing when using these as opposed to physical Win10 boxes.

Just asking the obvious question, you have opened the 10308 port for TCP & UDP on your router? can you connect to your second PC?

I had the same problem as my friend could not connect. I did have the port open on my router but for my main PC, not the server PC. You can only open a port to one device at a time. As I had used my main PC as a server before I thought I was good but it did not work as I had to change it to my second PC.

You were right !

It´s allways these simple things...

Thank you !!!

CPU: i7-5820K, 3.3GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3 RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB OS: Win 10 64Bit

You were right !

It´s allways these simple things...

Thank you !!!

Great, it is my pleasure I was able to help you. I am not an expert but saw the similarity with the problem I had.

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

The server startup command should be without the —webgui as this will create one server instance in your saved games with the name of “ebgui”.

Have you started the server without using the command line and set up a mission and saved it to a mission list? Just do that a couple of times and make sure the same list with your missions come up. Then when everything is working you vcan use the command line startup.

On my system --webgui or not, it doesn't create a server instance called webgui (I believe that's the -w option then the name to have it create another instance within save games).

I can't start the server without command line; however, with my serverSettings.lua I have a mission list and it works, the server starts and people connect and play.

The only issue appears to be the communication from the DCS servers to my Dedicated Server, or something wrong with the html as I can't even view it locally (see previous posts, it's just blank).

Hi guys, did anybody managed to get the webgui working over ip + port?

When I set a port in the autoexec.cfg, I get "405 method not allowed" from the outside.

Also locally the webgui doesn't work anymore.

If I remove the port from autoexec, the local gui works again....

Strange things :)

Send via SADL with Tapatalk

You can't start it or don't know how to start DCS the normal way?

Have you tried different Internet browsers? For instance FireFox?

Different browsers yield the same results.

I do not have a DirectX11 video card for my dedicated server, so I can't get to a graphical menu. Again, there are no issues with running the multiplayer server. Server comes up, registers with DCS, people can connect with no issues and play. The only issue is controlling it with the webgui.

I have followed the instructions as identified by USSR_Rik here. I'm starting to lean the direction that this is a bug--- anyone have any insight on how to get support (someone from ED) involved?

Different browsers yield the same results.

I do not have a DirectX11 video card for my dedicated server, so I can't get to a graphical menu. Again, there are no issues with running the multiplayer server. Server comes up, registers with DCS, people can connect with no issues and play. The only issue is controlling it with the webgui.

I have followed the instructions as identified by USSR_Rik here. I'm starting to lean the direction that this is a bug--- anyone have any insight on how to get support (someone from ED) involved?

Have you forced the webgui port in autoexec.cfg? If you have then remove it and try webgui with port 8088. And you MUST be on the desktop of your server to use the local webgui. It will not work over network or loaded from a network path.

Have you forced the webgui port in autoexec.cfg? If you have then remove it and try webgui with port 8088. And you MUST be on the desktop of your server to use the local webgui. It will not work over network or loaded from a network path.

I have tried taking out identifying a port in autoexec.cfg (it default listens on port 8088 ) and is responding externally on that port. I have tried putting in a specific port within the autoexec.cfg, it then listens and responds on the specific port I identify.

I have tried to access it locally in both instances mentioned above (i.e. the browser on the same system the Dedicated server is running on).

It is just a blank page locally (as seen in previous screenshots), and "Server not responding" when trying to get there from the DCS website.

Appreciate the idea, anything else I can check?

Webgui "add mission button" not working

Is anybody else' add mission button in the webgui not showing any missions?

Hi Wrench, FYI you are not alone, I have the same issue. I’v been getting around it by directly editing the serversettings.lua file.

Have a great day mate.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

I'm having an interesting issue....

When I run a particular very large mission (lots of scripts, objects, etc) the standard way, by starting DCS, going into MP and starting a server, it runs fine.

When I start this exact same mission using the dedicated server (dcs --server), it crashes the entire computer dark, in about 2-3 hours with no clients connecting. This is true with or without --norender and/or --webgui.

Anyone see this behavior? I haven't tried with a different mission yet but I will.

ETA - same behavior with a second mission (caucasus vs. PG)

I figured this out.

The new server code is SO EFFICIENT that it was actually allowing the server to suspend/hibernate because it was below the threshold where it considered it to be active.

I disabled all the power management features and now it's running anything I throw at it like a champ.

Bravo ED!

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I looked over the last few pages, but not seeing anyone else with the problem.

New bug: I cannot go to different drive's via the built in file browser anymore. We have our install on the D: drive of our server as well as the missions folder. When I go to try to browse back to the D: drive, I am forced only to the saved games folders - which is located on the C: drive. We only noticed the change with the most recent beta update. The current work around is editing the serverSettings.lua file.

ef4554de6c68399678142d4a3df7a003.png

Edited by Hobo

[/img]

New bug: I cannot go to different drive's via the built in file browser anymore. We have our install on the D: drive of our server as well as the missions folder. When I go to try to browse back to the D: drive, I am forced only to the saved games folders - which is located on the C: drive. We only noticed the change with the most recent beta update. The current work around is editing the serverSettings.lua file.

Hi Hobo, FYI, this is all I see when trying to change missions. Also editing the serversettings.lua

e72fbfa0064eec6feeb32e681cf83d2b.jpg

Edited by Space Cadet

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

ef4554de6c68399678142d4a3df7a003.png

Read the latest patch notes. They likited the file browser to SavedGames folder. So you can only run mission files from that.

Read the latest patch notes. They likited the file browser to SavedGames folder. So you can only run mission files from that.

Thanks for that information for the log. Didn't notice that change.

On the second part, you are incorrect. You can run the missions from wherever still by editing the serverSettings.lua. The change is just forcing your hand to go to the saved games folder.

Honestly, this is just a lazy way do file browsing because of complaints people may have. Have selections on the left side of the browser that act as a quick access to the saved games relative path rather than force, only option.

ED, please put it back the way it was. I do not want to run the missions folder on the server C drive.

Thanks for that information for the log. Didn't notice that change.

On the second part, you are incorrect. You can run the missions from wherever still by editing the serverSettings.lua. The change is just forcing your hand to go to the saved games folder.

Honestly, this is just a lazy way do file browsing because of complaints people may have. Have selections on the left side of the browser that act as a quick access to the saved games relative path rather than force, only option.

ED, please put it back the way it was. I do not want to run the missions folder on the server C drive.

They have added it because of security reasons and it's a good feature. If you have a server with internet connection you don't want to enable all DCS operators to browse the whole computer.

I hope as a next step they change the login method so you can give access to other members of your sqaud.

With mklink you are able to create links which point to other drives. That's flexible and secure (if you do it the right way).

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

They have added it because of security reasons and it's a good feature. If you have a server with internet connection you don't want to enable all DCS operators to browse the whole computer.

I hope as a next step they change the login method so you can give access to other members of your sqaud.

With mklink you are able to create links which point to other drives. That's flexible and secure (if you do it the right way).

It's a security facade if that's the argument you're going to go with. Most run the server with administrative privileges anyhow, so the blast radius is still as wide as it ever was.

It's a security facade if that's the argument you're going to go with. Most run the server with administrative privileges anyhow, so the blast radius is still as wide as it ever was.

Yup, I agree. Security through obscurity is not security in terms of a web app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, I agree. Security through obscurity is not security in terms of a web app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't even scope that statement to webapps. Security through obscurity isn't security -- it's a delay tactic at best. And it only works for a little while. Obscurity may (in some circumstances) have its place as a small component in a defense-in-depth strategy, but it shouldn't be relied on, or advertised as, a control mechanism.

The strategy should stand on its own without obscurity in any case, negating much value of the obscurity in the first place.

Security is about mitigating risk. If no risk is mitigated, no security value exists.

• ED Team

Walk on the whole server's filesystem through the Web is not the good idea. That why we did 'Saved Games' as file dialog top level

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы