DCS Server Control

Haven’t tried the first scenario yet, but for the second the answer is yes.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Maybe to change the Admin Name, just start the desired DCS Server install in normal game client mode and create a new “server named Pilot“ for the Logbook. Then start the server mode and maybe this Pilot is used as default right as in the game client?

This is only a wild guess, maybe it‘s nonsense. Can’t check, I‘m currently not a the PC.

WD

crashes after 5-10 secs, no matter which options I pass along starting it...

They need to strip all that data off to make it sleek. I will try again once that has been done.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

New DCS Standalone Server Crashing

Morning All,

Just setting up a Standalone server on another PC - Dell OptiPlex 9020 with i7 4790 with 8gb soon to be 16gb, no GFX apart from the built in HD4600....

At the moment every time I start the server with the commands --server --norender --webgui the game starts to load then crashes with the following last in the log file

DX11BACKEND: DX11Renderer::shutdown()..

On another note I am using my one and only account for both the server and my own client on my own network... waiting on future option for all maps free for non rendering servers..

Any suggestions or workarounds or ill plump for a low budget Nvidia 1050 …

Cheers

Literally less than 2 weeks till the Cat drops ….. BOOM at last .

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe to change the Admin Name, just start the desired DCS Server install in normal game client mode and create a new “server named Pilot“ for the Logbook. Then start the server mode and maybe this Pilot is used as default right as in the game client?

This is only a wild guess, maybe it‘s nonsense. Can’t check, I‘m currently not a the PC.

WD

no that does not work

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I dont think the norender piece is working fully. and you also dont need the webgui switch. If you run just --server, you will get the webgui and the server might run. The HD4600 is a bit weak, but there is a lot of stuff that doesnt get loaded. If you can launch DCS native, go into the settings and reduce everything to the mininum then try the --server.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if I run DCS --server --norender DCS crashes after about 10 seconds. Several people in this thread have reported similar things. Has anybody found the cause for it? I also posted in the bugs section, but, as usual, no response... Please help:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

if I run DCS --server --norender DCS crashes after about 10 seconds. Several people in this thread have reported similar things. Has anybody found the cause for it? I also posted in the bugs section, but, as usual, no response... Please help:helpsmilie:

I havent experienced that, perhaps you have a Mod installed? did you tried to do a DCS_Updater Repair?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

This thread seems full of demanding and impatient comments, why, I've no idea but it certainly is a shame.

I have no issues with the server, it is running sweet, but as is normal a full clean and repair function was performed on installs before test.

Also note being a helo battalion, furniture MOD list is very extensive running 5.5Gb zipped. None so far causes issues.

It may be beneficial for those experiencing crashes to ensure the install is perfect, uncorrupted and initially run without any MODS - saved games, program files or otherwise.

Mention this and send your DCS log files and system specs in as a problem.

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

We just use a dedicated machine with a full client that has render turned off and all our admins access the machine remotely + SLmod.

Need to test and see if the CPU thread and RAM req. would be lower. Otherwise I don't see any point in this at this current time.

Tested this with --norender and boy was I wrong.

Running both server and client of the same machine.

9d7LtR-2-r4dTOdYdlrR-gN6Tj_a3WTXao_mKnkxEKlsm6VRlDT33qzFF1rHSBk6-yPRxYZWEdJ6dFT5LOD0hIUBmXgbMm53PyNFundDvxL2WHQbuZR-8uD7R9isQ3x3-MHCekNwWksVttXN_KOArZuvTqLjXCiiV1AIgpFvUiAPW1G2rjkjW5RMbbQFo21N4PTzAtcgVqPbudjYWrrkIvqRMCZB1Y4Zk2d3aguWWNp-ziKxu5AZkWrXRF-cL6RIlm83YDkU742TGni02RhVseWjJtWeHLGlYvp2EKRJ9YTUhJqra0VESMXuqS5hMxFeDkGvmjsDwUju8b82VfUN-bku-TorMtY7eEJO90Aqau67WYQzsWDgwPWzGDNMZahr4W0Ei_JXDgmQ4qNBgBhiYMg0HKA9bsnIrKUQwGCBPJASS1IIvm1unNj96A0MsHMJTtqDEYQFCL5-8xe7agzfXMQF2lZQ4kNAzCqbLGdGY8tkU56mXj2zTmyQe8hf07edPTnV-Ol8Gr5k6N124OsRdNgF_K4dXJyupxEpOu2aq5PudCl2Zu5sna9HFbi0dGdiuLZRAbWuthA9vXvJ0te7ltQNUozuceFjr8lfwmAjKDsJ_8GzCPaEa83Q2NZk5vjcHoxAMo5azAVHuWqplnVP3O4AbHjEThQ=w1543-h425-no

zGgiGVnwvgTPPQBendDOpksJgR_RFUlNKtDYzXo7rdJgl0Puifzd5RckININqhK0UMWilAd38XvQXXqiQKK7rU0ETfHG477_8b-e97krne4ywsN09iyjbNvLIFEufJJ06nqR-5Fmnm08z9BQlntH0erGPvTKQ_X6IJILgdJqUJrfDVOaXUnCza3gi_aQbwXOzWKwbpRdCBKPzmG58c4Bkpi6IQotbJAgeV2c5Sr43TpP-r7wyUHhUsLohlvVeonOs1q5HdroLepGcpUUzLPxk9yWWevVsomTasNlasZL9itC_57jlrdEtaQlpigpBpb0BkhaTBTZ21G8WqlBe1vajL1t8AJ2sC2bcYA-jI83mNB-3hFIN0lAbphlsqHT6tIqEZYYPLyPgB0FxqRswtzD_xkTDriFy4kLuh0sW_va9HNd-ZHDiVf0qQzYpdr34so-_i7aCTaSNhOUU1oHn03Ly7QcqhbQLQwGVkEAzWc1D9HsdCDCM0m7rE2mBthdkOtdVS4uEEIIt2-TbMiSBOYzl9kJE_YDu5RuUoiSX2mdt0ABP5YcGELV1XZe6eTfjlnLAMFaR9aTeuFKSO8LyGC-VJI8z1jTIgw97HAwhPIpjqaNzTdtMsHY4W-5P0BppGnRZ3KzKFwoXQx0YFoJRFnOkXti9uR0wYU=w784-h107-no

Previously running a client as a server used to eat up around 7~14 GB of RAM (Btw noi render worked with clients so no GPU was used) and around 20~40% CPU.

But now! Ohh wow baby!

I havent experienced that, perhaps you have a Mod installed? did you tried to do a DCS_Updater Repair?

Yes, I've tried that, no luck. In my report on the bugs forum, I now also attached a log file. Hopefully that will help...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

How powerful does a pc needs to be for server?

If I decide to build a server for DCS what would be the minimum processor and amount of RAM needed for excellent performance? What is the recommended system specs? I am talking about less than 10 players and more likely just 4. I currently run my server on the same pc that I fly on. Needs Win 10 Home or Pro?

:music_whistling::helpsmilie:

HI there....

my name is Wacko and I am a idiot!

I really want to host my own server, running on my laptop on my second account i used to use to host.

But the initial instructions, are well...russian, I cannot get it to start. i dont understand how.

Is there a idiots guide? please?

WHAT DO I NEED TO TYPE, WHERE AND HOW, to basically run a simple little server?

Thank you guys in advance. and excuse my stupidity.

Is there a idiots guide? please?

WHAT DO I NEED TO TYPE, WHERE AND HOW, to basically run a simple little server?

Not a proper guide, but it might help:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3818381&postcount=133

Presuming your PORTS are opened for DCS server on your router - if not do a search and some reading.

If you are old school open a COMMAND prompt window in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\ and type DCS --server --norender..... that is it!

If you are not old school... create a shortcut to the DCS.exe and place on your desktop. Open the properties and add the server and norender to the target line...

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender

If that does not work for you, make a cup of coffee and re read USSR_RIKs initial posts...

Hope this helps..

SIGBLOCK.png

currently I think you cannot change it

I certainly have not been able to in the 6 months I have been using the server in dedicated mode

There has to be a way, look at Riks initial post -

Look at the server admin name.

attachment.php?attachmentid=205323&stc=1&d=1551446246

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\serverSettings.lua

In my actual serverSettings.lua there is no reference about the admin display name, someone can post me the exact code line to add to change the nickname?

Thanks.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I can't seem to connect to the dedicated server, from a PC on the same network. I made a new DCS-account, downloaded and installed DCS. Made an Icon on the desktop to start DCS with the parameters " --server --norender". I then start the server, and launch the web-gui, where everyting looks to me as it should:

RunningDcsServer.jpgRunningDcsServer.jpg

Ths screenshot says the server is active and the mission is running, however I cannot connect to the server from my other PC (on the same network). Even if I try to enter the IP of the server I want to conect to, I just get a message saying "Server Offline".

Firewall would be the obvious culpit, but its configured to allow traffic on port 10308 (TCP/UDP). Also I've tried completely disabling the firewalls on both computers, but the problem is still there.

Any Ideas?

Pelle Liljendal

(MooseMan)

You probably never will see the server in the public server list, I know I dont', even if it's visible to others. But you should be able to connect to it by IP:PORT on the servers LAN address...

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

You probably never will see the server in the public server list, I know I dont', even if it's visible to others. But you should be able to connect to it by IP:PORT on the servers LAN address...

My server is on 192.168.10.108 and my client PC is on 192.168.10.100, and as the server is running on the default port I simply tries to connect to "192.168.10.108:10308" (I've tried both with and without port-number).

Pelle Liljendal

(MooseMan)

I uploaded four updated missions with filename changes and deleted the older missions. Started the dedicated server and the old mission names were still in the list. I clicked to Run one of the deleted missions to see what would happen and it said "Loading" for a while before I killed it.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.