DCS Server Control

I think allowing the servers to run without terrain would be the right move, as it removes a major barrier to map implementation. They still have to have the maps to actually PLAY on them

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I think allowing the servers to run without terrain would be the right move, as it removes a major barrier to map implementation. They still have to have the maps to actually PLAY on them

Or to make a mission to start with.

Does this work on a steam version running DCS?

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

--server

runs DCS in ‘server’ mode where the simulator is started as a server with the first mission in list ["missionList"] (see ‘Saved Games\<DCS>\Config\serverSettings.lua’)

and/or

--norender

runs DCS without 3D rendering

Can't have my mission autostart when launching the server

(.\DCS.exe --server --norender)

This is my serverSettings.lua

cfg = 
{
   ["uri"] = "setServerSettings",
   ["current"] = 1,
   ["isPublic"] = true,
   ["description"] = "",
   ["require_pure_textures"] = false,
   ["missionList"] = 
   {
       [1] = "C:\\Users\\Carlton\\Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Missions\\testDS.miz",
   }, -- end of ["missionList"]
   ["listShuffle"] = false,
   ["advanced"] = 
   {
       ["allow_change_tailno"] = true,
       ["disable_events"] = false,
       ["allow_ownship_export"] = true,
       ["allow_object_export"] = true,
       ["pause_on_load"] = false,
       ["allow_sensor_export"] = true,
       ["event_Takeoff"] = false,
       ["pause_without_clients"] = false,
       ["client_outbound_limit"] = 0,
       ["client_inbound_limit"] = 0,
       ["event_Role"] = true,
       ["allow_change_skin"] = true,
       ["event_Connect"] = true,
       ["event_Ejecting"] = true,
       ["event_Kill"] = true,
       ["event_Crash"] = true,
       ["resume_mode"] = 1,
       ["maxPing"] = 0,
   }, -- end of ["advanced"]
   ["require_pure_models"] = false,
   ["require_pure_clients"] = false,
   ["name"] = "DCS DS OB Local",
   ["port"] = 10308,
   ["password"] = "",
   ["listLoop"] = false,
   ["bind_address"] = "",
   ["maxPlayers"] = "20",
} -- end of cfg

EDIT

Autostart works when there is more than 1 miz in the list I think.

Edited by Carlton2001

You just need to make a Windows Shortcut for DCS.exe with the proper parameters, it should look like this:

GJnba9H.jpg

I'm using these parameters:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender --force_disable_VR -w DCS-Chile

The -w will be the name of the Server

You can also create a shortcut for the Control Panel, like this:

3ny7Mm4.jpg

The full command line is: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html"

Best regards

Thank you!!

I too did not understand this.

Perhaps this needs to be added to the instructions!

First impressions:

The Good:

The Bad:

• Security.
    I'm not very fond at all of having full file and folder browsing access over the internet where ED's account manager being the only security layer. In my eyes, I'd go so far to say it's a complete no-go. Easily fixed by closing down TCP 8088 for public access and using the local method of accessing the WebGui, of course but ppl less tech savvy might not reflect when a guide says something in the lines of "open 8088 for it to work". Some kind of additional private credential check is a must for public access for me.
  • Presentation, in-server.
    It took me a good while before realizing the server was started. I just assumed the client (okok, dedicated server ;D) had froze and I restarted it several times before realizing it was actually the way it was supposed to be. A black screen saying "server loading" or "server started" would be something to aim for perhaps.

A step in the right direction for sure, please keep it up and drive this thing all the way home! :)

Overall: Good job ED!

I have the 8088 closed on my firewall, and using Bitvise SSH tunnelier VPN from my house to the server, in my PC C2S: localhost:8088 -> server:8088

Thanks! :thumbup:

Do it, you will gain more from more active servers than selling "a few" more licenses by server admins. :music_whistling:

Yes please.

It will make my life easier.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I tried using Steam Launch Options with --server and it didn't work.

Tried to create a shortcut with the executable, didn't work either.

It's not working with steam, is it?

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

I tried using Steam Launch Options with --server and it didn't work.

Tried to create a shortcut with the executable, didn't work either.

It's not working with steam, is it?

I believe it is only for Open Beta at this stage

;3818741']I believe it is only for Open Beta at this stage

I am using Open Beta on Steam, dude.

Now that —norender is available, what I’ve done is create symlinks for the terrain folders, and placed them on my 1tb HDD, instead of my tiny 128GB SSD. Since there’s no need to render anymore, it greatly saves space without hurting performance, so far.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

;3818830']Is there a way to log onto the server via webgui on a LAN without the need for opening ports on my router?

Thanks

Read the second post of this thread:

5.2 Local Control

A. You can use the same URL as in Remote Control (note: you must be logged in to your DCS account)

B. Open the .html document

<DCS base directory>\WebGui\index.html

from your local file system. This allows local server control without forwarding port 8088 and logging into a DCS account on the DCS homepage.

I keep getting:

2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ALERT   DX11BACKEND: Your graphics card does not support DirectX11 features
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 INFO    DX11BACKEND: DX11Renderer::shutdown()
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA: DirectX backend initialization error
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ERROR   VISUALIZER: SceneManager initialization failed
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 INFO    DCS: application shutdown

When trying to start DCS --server --norender

Trying to run on a Windows Server in a vmware environment. Tried some autoexec.cfg stuff I saw earlier in this thread but didn't seem to make a difference.

I keep getting:

2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ALERT   DX11BACKEND: Your graphics card does not support DirectX11 features
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 INFO    DX11BACKEND: DX11Renderer::shutdown()
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA: DirectX backend initialization error
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 ERROR   VISUALIZER: SceneManager initialization failed
2019-03-02 02:46:47.330 INFO    DCS: application shutdown

When trying to start DCS --server --norender

Trying to run on a Windows Server in a vmware environment. Tried some autoexec.cfg stuff I saw earlier in this thread but didn't seem to make a difference.

That's interesting. Maybe they haven't removed the requirement for GPU/DX11 then. That sucks.

Ok. So in testing, I have 2 machines. one of them is what I normally connect to our server from and I can get the dedicated server to run on it without an issue. However, on the system we normally run as the server, I fire up DCS.exe --server (same way I did on my system) and the server comes up with the first mission in the list. I can tell because I can f2 around at the aircraft and I can look at F10 to see the map. However, the webgui isnt connecting to the server. Yes, I am running the webgui's index.html from the server itself and it doesnt connect to the server. Does the system have to be running IIS? is it because the account that I have the server logging into doesnt have any aircraft modules? Kinda Stumped

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Read the second post of this thread:

5.2 Local Control

A. You can use the same URL as in Remote Control (note: you must be logged in to your DCS account)

B. Open the .html document

<DCS base directory>\WebGui\index.html

from your local file system. This allows local server control without forwarding port 8088 and logging into a DCS account on the DCS homepage.

That only seems to work on the server pc.

I tried logging into the dcs website and logging in using the same account as the server pc but it doesnt see any instances of my servers running.

Guess i'll just stick with Teamviewer for now.

:(

DCS Server Control

;3818961']That only seems to work on the server pc.

I tried logging into the dcs website and logging in using the same account as the server pc but it doesnt see any instances of my servers running.

Guess i'll just stick with Teamviewer for now.

:(

Have you opened the right port on your router, 8890 (I think)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my server is named "player". Where can i change this?

Did anyone find how to change the server admin name (player) ?

currently I think you cannot change it

I certainly have not been able to in the 6 months I have been using the server in dedicated mode

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Dedicated sever login

Hello,

Can i login the new dedicated server with the same account, that i am using for the client, with the same licences ?

And same question if i start both the server and the client on the same machine / network.