Warthog Joystick Connector

CNCfan

I have to replace the 5/6 pin JST style cable connector that connects the board in the base to the stick connection.

Can someone tell me the style I should buy. I believe the connector type go by the mm spacing between pins. I am measuring .7mm but want to get a conformation that I have the correct measurement.

Thanks for any info provided.

I have to replace the 5/6 pin JST style cable connector that connects the board in the base to the stick connection.

Can someone tell me the style I should buy. I believe the connector type go by the mm spacing between pins. I am measuring .7mm but want to get a conformation that I have the correct measurement.

Thanks for any info provided.

If you call thrustmaster they could probably answer this for you, or might even have the part you need in stock.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• 3 weeks later...
Did they tell you? :)

I never got around to ask them. I can tell you it is not

a JST type mini micro with 1.0mm spacing. Connectors has a bit more spacing and the

male/female pin part itself is bigger.

I fixed what was wrong with a bit of Deoxit.

I was also looking for the connector where the joy stick plugs into the base. I wanted

to make a cable that was 3-6 inches longer.

Could not find anyone that sold only that connector. (did not ask Thrustmaster) Saw some that looked close on Ebay , I did not think they would work due the spacing on

the screw down holes. I did find the exact connector sold by a company out of India

but they do not sell direct to end user, as I was told.

I did find a problem that might be useful to owners of the Warthog joystick.

I picked up a second joystick on Ebay. It would show up in device manager. DiView

did not pick it up nor did DCS. You also did not get the sound by windows when you plug/unplug a USB device. After a back and forth with Thrustmaster they sent

me a email on checking the connector on the base where the joystick plugs in.

The black part with the female pin sockets was pushed down a very small amount.

After putting a bit of cyrogenic glue and pushing the black socket back up in the metal housing

it now works with no problem. Top of the black part of the connector should be level with the metal housing.

I never paid attention to that connector, it is easy to overlook if you have this type of problem.

If anyone knows where to find just the joystick to base connector please let us know, would much appreciate it. Or premade cables in different lengths.

I think I ask TM about a longer cable, if I did I overlooked the response, will check.

Edited by CNCfan

I think it's a mini-DIN connector...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-DIN_connector

Thanks for the link.

The problem I have is finding one with the correct spacing of the 5 pin receptacles and including

the metal frame with correct spacing of the screw holes.

Lot of variations, but so far I am coming up empty finding one that meets all the of the original

connection in the base of the joystick.

• 2 weeks later...

Right yeah, TM basically use custom molded connectors , they are mini Din but the mounting solution is nearly impossible to purchase outside of TM. (same for the handle, I found a fitting connector but you need to epoxy it into place as the mounting is not compatible)

Thanks for the replies though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]