[REPORTED]External and internal lighting

yipster

Flying the Huey at dawn/dusk/night is impossible specially for that mission in Argos campaign where NVG is restricted.

#Beacon and nav lights shine right into the cockpit

#landing and search light is dimmer than an iphone flashlight, has very limited range and brightness

#cockpit instrument lights without the flood is almost unreadable even at brightest

This has been a bug for a long time, when can we see a fix please?

also no difference between dim and bright options at external lights

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 11 months later...

I'm just coming to terms with tht Huey now and although it's so much fun to fly, I'm amazed that with all its sophistocation it does'nt have basic glareshield lighting.....Wow!

That's really disspointing.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

I'm just coming to terms with tht Huey now and although it's so much fun to fly, I'm amazed that with all its sophistocation it does'nt have basic glareshield lighting.....Wow!

That's really disspointing.

If I got you right that´s what we had even in the 90ies IRL :-) on the good old Huey (SAR German Airforce).

Overhead panel gives you rotary knobs for backlight of analogue gauges and a knob for the brightness of the needles. Thats all. If you prefer a brighter glareshield turn on the green lights.

Much more annoying is that the beacon and the nav lights shine through the airframe...kinda unrealistic.

Cheers

Willy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

If I got you right that´s what we had even in the 90ies IRL :-) on the good old Huey (SAR German Airforce).

Overhead panel gives you rotary knobs for backlight of analogue gauges and a knob for the brightness of the needles. Thats all. If you prefer a brighter glareshield turn on the green lights.

Much more annoying is that the beacon and the nav lights shine through the airframe...kinda unrealistic.

Cheers

Willy

Maybe it’s the way they’ve done the lighting but the small lights above the AH I think, under the glare shield look like an entirely different type of light that don’t seem to work. Maybe that’s what I’m switching on when I turn on the green lights but it doesn’t look like it’s coming from them. Could be wrong.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.