Pimax 5k plus order now and have it in 3 weeks or less!

A Hamburgler

Not worth the price for such a small performance gain in my opinion. I could understand if it was a solid 50% or even 45% performance gain but it’s not.

I agree 100%. I have tried the 8k and 5k+, and the 5K is much better than 8k with out a doubt. In fact Oculus, is a better unit than the 8k IMO. HTC Vive PRO much better than 5k+except for FOV. We just have to wait.

How did I get mine before you guys? Somethings not right....

Damn, I ordered October 27th, P1050. This reminds me of the Oculus preorder people still waiting while you could buy it a Best Buy.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Don't believe the hype! It's all a bunch of smoke. We are two years out of seeing a unit worth getting for DCS that is.

Well, I have a 5k+ and it is a great, I will have fun with it for years to come. It is not perfect, but it will take years for the competition to offer something better in this price range. Even then, I think Pimax has something better up its sleve. Trust me, Pimax is here to stay.

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

I agree 100%. I have tried the 8k and 5k+, and the 5K is much better than 8k with out a doubt. In fact Oculus, is a better unit than the 8k IMO. HTC Vive PRO much better than 5k+except for FOV. We just have to wait.

He was referring to 1080ti vs 2080ti.

Well, I have a 5k+ and it is a great, I will have fun with it for years to come. It is not perfect, but it will take years for the competition to offer something better in this price range. Even then, I think Pimax has something better up its sleve. Trust me, Pimax is here to stay.

I agree I think in due time they will have all their issues worked out. But we may have to wait for the next gen GPUs because the 8kX pimax is working on is going to have 2 HDMI cables one for each eye so they can get a true 4k picture without upscaling. For now im just worried about getting my 5k+ Im hoping it will come in before the F-14 comes out but probably not.:cry:

I agree with pegon....the 'hype' is real. Dcs runs very well on Pimax with a 1080ti and using the great shader mod created by Kegasys. Much better experience than the ocuius rift...better visuals and much better target spotting...at least for me. Long frustrating 4 month wait to get it but definately worth it.

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

I agree with pegon....the 'hype' is real. Dcs runs very well on Pimax with a 1080ti and using the great shader mod created by Kegasys. Much better experience than the ocuius rift...better visuals and much better target spotting...at least for me. Long frustrating 4 month wait to get it but definately worth it.

Long 4 months? Lmao. Try 14. That’s frustrating.

Anyone stating that the 5K plus isn’t particularly good just has an old system or hasn’t a clue about efficiency in terms of settings. It absolutely blows anything else available out of the water. It’s bloody brilliant in DCS. I cannot rate it highly enough. Make sure you have at least one LH though as 2 dof is crap.

I went for a 5K+ when the preorders opened last october and did not received it as well. I tried to get informations from support and never received an answer after several emails in the course of the last three weeks.

This morning I went to Paypal to open a dispute and try to get an answer from Pimax, they didn't even bothered answering and I already received a refund … What a great way to make business Pimax !

I got a surprise today as I received an email from Support after being ignored for weeks. I was told they were busy with all the peorders but I should not worry as my order would be sent shortly to me.

They don't realize I have been refunded two days ago … I am torn between telling them my order has been already cancelled or waiting and see if the departments communicate with each others and tell the warehouse to cancel the shipment.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

I got a surprise today as I received an email from Support after being ignored for weeks. I was told they were busy with all the peorders but I should not worry as my order would be sent shortly to me.

They don't realize I have been refunded two days ago … I am torn between telling them my order has been already cancelled or waiting and see if the departments communicate with each others and tell the warehouse to cancel the shipment.

:doh: Damn you F*** up. But hey you may receive a free headset or have to wait even longer now.

Would you mind posting your settings? Just got mine a few days ago, similar hardware and I’m not seeing as solid of performance. Would like to give your settings a look and see where I might be able to better adjust. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Out of sheer curiosity and my apologies if this is the wrong place

To ask this but how are pimax pushing out headsets with larger FOV but the other major vendors are not?

The other major vendors like HTC and Oculus are going after a larger market share, and know the tech is not there yet to allow a large FOV with required performance to run on a larger market of PC users.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:doh: Damn you F*** up. But hey you may receive a free headset or have to wait even longer now.

Yep ! I try to see the bright side of the situation, I spent my entire life without a Pimax headset, I can wait a few more months to get my hands on it. Who knows, perhaps the new GPUs will be out by the time they fix their supply chain and I'll enjoy better performance too ?

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

About ten days ago I checked eBay Uk and I saw there were quite few pimax 5k+ being sold

I was skeptic knowing how many headset come with defects like dead pixels or light leaks

I sent a message to one of the sellers asking the conditions of his pimax and he stated the headset was perfect, no light leaks or dead pixels or anything else wrong with it.

I took the chance ,made a bid, won it and paid with PayPal so in case of problems I could have claimed my money back.

Well the headset it’s perfect and I paid only 600 £ for it.

I used the oculus for about one year and I can only say that the pimax clarity compared to the oculus is night and day.

Talking about the Fov, what can I say?

I love it!

For all the non backers or people who haven’t preordered it yet, eBay might be an option...just saying

This sounds interesting. I'm thinking of getting into VR but have no idea what I will need I think my system can run the Pimax 5K Plus will I need the controllers to operate the buttons in the cockpit? Any help would be appreciated.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Think I'll wait before people have had it for a while. Hard to know what the truth of the matter is when people have just bought expensive new toys as most are a bit too loved up to see things objectively.

I mainy worry about performance. Right now with my system 1.2 PD and 2x MSSA is pretty much my limit. So how would it even work with a pimax? Would I even be able to play it at it's native resolution?

Quite frankly I'd rather lower res picture and better performance, than high res and lower performance.

Anyone tell me how performance compares to a standard Vive/rift or even the Vpro?Any compromises?

I just think as with reprojection, it's often not something one notices but tends to become more apparent over time, especially when you start trying to play campaigns as oppose to just flying around.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Staying with my Rift.

I am able to run it at some decent graphics with reasonable performance and having a blast with it.

While a cleaner image would be nice, would not be worth it to me if performance is bad.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Think I'll wait before people have had it for a while. Hard to know what the truth of the matter is when people have just bought expensive new toys as most are a bit too loved up to see things objectively.

I mainy worry about performance. Right now with my system 1.2 PD and 2x MSSA is pretty much my limit. So how would it even work with a pimax? Would I even be able to play it at it's native resolution?

Quite frankly I'd rather lower res picture and better performance, than high res and lower performance.

Anyone tell me how performance compares to a standard Vive/rift or even the Vpro?Any compromises?

I just think as with reprojection, it's often not something one notices but tends to become more apparent over time, especially when you start trying to play campaigns as oppose to just flying around.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Staying with my Rift.

I am able to run it at some decent graphics with reasonable performance and having a blast with it.

While a cleaner image would be nice, would not be worth it to me if performance is bad.

Believe me with your system you’ll have an awesome image.

Pimax customer service and support teams both suck big time. They make great VR headset, but service is non existent. When I asked customer service when will i get my headset ordered in dec, they said you will get it when you get it!

when it finally arrived, i had problem getting it to work. Support team suggested things that i've already tried, ignored my requests to discuss on the phone or video conference, as some others claimed they have done for them. Then one week later they closed my case saying resolved! I gave them a piece of my mind.

The FOV is fantastic, the resolution is better than my Rift. i can't go back to the rift. but if you enter problems, you have to rely on forums like reddit etc. instead of support from pimax.

Pimax just confirmed with me that my HMD is on it’s way overseas. Should be just a couple more weeks!!! Can’t wait

Buckle up and prepare for a glorious 15 to 20 frame per second experience like you've never had before! :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440