Mission 5?

FlankerMan

Hi Flankerman - try, try again. If you die, you're dead. :angel: It was not intended for you to occupy the wingman's aircraft as it would make no sense for dialogue to continue between a dead guy and other parties...while it also doesn't make too much sense for any dialogue to have occured after your aircraft was shot down, this wasn't something I anticipated people doing and hence didn't build any contingencies.

I will look into editing the missions to kick you to the menu on player death as they do with an ROE violation. Should be relatively simple. :thumbup:

Edited by feefifofum

The AIM-120C5 out ranges the R-77 by quite a bit. Try asking your wingman (don't forget to tell him to turn his RADAR on) to engage one MiG specifically (lock MiG, flight -> engage -> my target) and firing a pair of AIM-120s at RPI. Crank hard and let that first pair of missiles force the bandits defensive before you press into their range. Once both the fighters are splashed you can let your wingman loose on everything indiscriminately (within briefed ROE of course.)

• 2 weeks later...

Those MIG 29 are hard, mainly because they are hidding within 4 Su-25s, and my radar seems prefer to lock on the Su-25s.

Any advice on that ? By the time I see them enougth separated, there is already a R77 following me or my wingman.

I will look into editing the missions to kick you to the menu on player death as they do with an ROE violation.

I guess ROE means Rules of Engament, and that means firing when not allowed ...

It happened to me in a mission, maybe mission 3, that I fired an AMRAAM to a bandit, and while it was on the air, I received orders of cease fire from MAGIC, and some seconds later, somethig weird happend, I thouth it was a DCS crash, but no, I wass back in the Menus.

What am I supposed to do in that situation ? There is no missile destroy option in the F-15.

Edited by cercata

Those MIG 29 are hard, mainly because they are hidding within 4 Su-25s, and my radar seems prefer to lock on the Su-25s.

Any advice on that ? By the time I see them enougth separated, there is already a R77 following me or my wingman.

I guess ROE means Rules of Engament, and that means firing when not allowed ...

It happened to me in a mission, maybe mission 3, that I fired an AMRAAM to a bandit, and while it was on the air, I received orders of cease fire from MAGIC, and some seconds later, somethig weird happend, I thouth it was a DCS crash, but no, I wass back in the Menus.

What am I supposed to do in that situation ? There is no missile destroy option in the F-15.

That is just unfortunate timing, but not much that we can do on ours side I guess as mission creators. Fortunately the chances for this happening are pretty slim :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

That is just unfortunate timing, but not much that we can do on ours side I guess as mission creators. Fortunately the chances for this happening are pretty slim :)

Yeah, it's not really an issue, it was mainly curiosity, what would happen IRL in such a situation, when instead of replaying the mision, you have killed someone ...