Radio use

Oldfox

Hey pilots, again probably some stupid question but after reading tons of tutorials I'm still not sure if it's me or if it's not possible:

Usually you would always have your flight on a channel, and second channel switched between JTAC/ATC/AWACS ...

But as the Viggen only has one radio.... It seems pretty limiting to only listen to my flight OR Awacs for example but not both.

Or even more troublesome: how would you do as a wingman: you need to listen to the leader.. so don't have access to Awacs update and expect the leader to relay them to you? Sounds complicated :cry:

Guard channel is only emergency and can't be changed in flight right? So it doesn't seem to suit that role well...

Thanks for your help!

So basically you can only monitor your wingman OR awacs? That sounds pretty limited for a jet striker?
Remember it's a Swedish jet, developed for the Swedish airforce and tactics only. Sweden doesn't use AWACS in the sense USA do for instance.

Also with the Viggen you are supposed to know "everything" about your dedicated target, have a thorough plan before takeoff, focusing on that and when done, RTB. No room for improvised strikes on targets of opportunity. Swedish pilots where even highly skilled to deploy their plans in total radio silence, even in multi flight operations, basically talking to no-one during the entire flight.

So basically you shouldn't need any radio at all ;-)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

So basically you shouldn't need any radio at all ;-)

Hehe. But only if he was a Swedish pilot and highly skilled enough ... :music_whistling:

The Viggen (its a she) is a paradox:

Its like the best girlfriend you ever had, who doesn't speak much ... :megalol:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

And if you hit the wrong button on the computer everything can go wrong :D

be aware of the following limitations: "OT"

Man can handle "multitasking".

While talking, in parallel he is making things worse. :megalol:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1