• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

project is kill?

I don't undestend...

*not released* ?!

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As Romaniak and I already said

We don't have any "beta" version Yet

We only have separate plane 3D models

So, we need to finish our work on each 3D model and create some new payload 3D models (weapons, fuel tanks etc)

then, we will have a big brainstorming to put all models in the same LO, so a "big" MEinit modification.

Then, when it will be done, we should be able to start the beta testing phase.

A post (and some new screenshots I think) will inform you about betatest start.

And, if no big problem appears during betatest, the release could be done.

But, you could understand that it could take some months (because we have a life outside the AdA Mod ^^)

we are trying to work as fast as we can

Have a nice day ;)

• Like 1

3D model planes be ready? (MIRAGE-2000-5F,MIRAGE-2000D,Jaguar,MIRAGE-F1........)

Don't ready weapons,fuel tanks.....yes?

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, we need to finish our work on each 3D model and create some new payload 3D models (weapons, fuel tanks etc)

As I just said it

Finish our work on 3D model (3D, Template, Skinning) => understand : planes are not ready

create new payloads (weapons, fuel tanks) => Not ready

don't forget it will be Summer, so holidays

and the brainstorming could take time

so, Don't dream to have the mod in 1 or 2 months

The problem is that we are working on several plane

so delay to make them is big.

And actually, the "big" 3D is ok, but on some planes, we need to make corrections on little details, so it take time, and some time need to rework the template/skin job already done

I could understand that delay seems to be long

but we want to release a completely operational mod (with minimum 6 new aircrafts, and 12 differents versions of thoses 6 planes)

and we don't want to need making corrections after the release

so we take time to make as perfect models (and mod) as we can

• Like 1

wait...wait...wait...1 months...2 months...

Well, I'm afraid that it'll be a little longer. We don't want to say a date, cause we don't know ourselves. It depends on :

- how much time each team member can give, regarding "real life" issues (family, work...)

- how many problems we may encounter while developping.

As said in previous posts, some 3D models are (about to be) ready (Mirages), but not all of them (Jaguar, SEM...)

Then, we'll have to "integrate" them in LockOn, i.e. weapons & network compatibility issues. Lots of work on that point.

It's not just about doing the 3D of the weapons (that's simple), but to have them working as we want it (the correct weapon at the correct pylon, on the correct plane & working correctly, if possible even on non-modded servers)

When both of that points'll be done, we will make a package & begin beta test.

Then when testing is OK, the final mod'll be release to public.

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

You just have to be patient. Modding lockon is not trivial, it is not "Mod-friendly".

The AdA mod team are top class folks and know what they are doing. But as Cpt Stark and Azrayen said they can't give an estimate of when it will be ready, they have real lives outside Lockon that come first.

I worked on software projects for over 25 years (radars, military comms, etc). Not one of the projects I worked on ever came close to being finished on its estimated date.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

• 3 months later...
Any news on the jaguar GR3?

A GR3 version of our Jaguar is not planed yet

first, the French version ;)

maybe after, for an AdA Mod v3 :music_whistling:

Airone and his friends are killing us ! :P

no no, we are too nice for that :D

at this time, 3D of planes are near to be finished (or finished for some planes)

but now, Barbsman and Hubmam are brainstorming about the best possibility of integration in LockOn of all this bazaar

and, depending of the choosen technical solution, there will be a lot of payloads to do (A/A missiles, A/G bombs, Fuels Tanks etc)

so ... still work in progress

Have a nice day :)

• 4 weeks later...

HI sir:

I´m from spain, my father was mirage f1 pilot from albacete (spain), your work are fantastic, i have ada mod v1 and i love it, and seeing the new version i haven´t words, are so beautiful. when will you finished this work??what programs do you use?¿¿??¿thank you and best regards

Hi peyvolt

Thanks for your kind and supporting words :)

About your questions :

1) We simply don't know, as we do it on our free time (which has proved particularly limited for some of us this year)

2) Depends on what part you ask for ?

----> cockpit retexturing & planes textures : mainly photoshop

----> 3D making : 3DSmax or Blender (depends on the creator)

----> scripts, configuration files... etc. : little utilities (notepad++) and proprietary scripts/macros if needed

3) Yes. Same method as for any plane in LockOn. Original textures are in a CDDS file, you can use ModMan to get their filenames.

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png