AdA Mod - "Armée De l'Air" for FC.

HubMan

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mzbpvchv.jpg

Sweet Mary Jane.........I just choked on my Tea and Scones and shorted out my Keyboard............Awesome Lads :thumbsup:

When did you say the release date is.............gamer4.gif

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sweeeeet

:pilotfly:

Thanks a lot Highwayman :)

Sweet Mary Jane.........I just choked on my Tea and Scones and shorted out my Keyboard............Awesome Lads :thumbsup:

When did you say the release date is.............gamer4.gif

Hйhй :) Sorry 159th_Viper, we did not mean to hurt you, considered how much you can get injured by Croissants and black coffee , I better like not to think about the pain inflicted by Tea and Scones :D:lol:

Anyway :) The release is planned for the end of this month (August) :)

Cheers.

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Супер! А автор поделится модом?

I'm sorry Shalnoi, I don't speak russian :( I don't know if you speak english (or french maybe :D ? )

Anyway, I'm not sure I understood the result of the automatic translator (babelfish) I used : but if you asked if the mod will be shared, the answer is : yes :) , the AdA mod will be publicaly released at the end of this month (August 2007) :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You mean, something like that Colt40Five ? :D

mzbpvchv.jpg

Hub.

Magnificent! :thumbup:

I hope when ED drop the FC engine, they will open it up so we can truly add new A/C to the game with their own FMs, cockpits refueling capability etc...we surely have the talent in the mod community!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Magnificent! :thumbup:

I hope when ED drop the FC engine, they will open it up so we can truly add new A/C to the game with their own FMs, cockpits refueling capability etc...we surely have the talent in the mod community!

Thanks ! :) And We will be there !!! 3DS Max in one hand, Photoshop in the other, a very thick heap of Mirage cockpit pictures on the laps and a lot of coffee on the table !!! :)

We definitly hope this day will come :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sorry Shalnoi, I don't speak russian :( I don't know if you speak english (or french maybe :D ? )

Anyway, I'm not sure I understood the result of the automatic translator (babelfish) I used : but if you asked if the mod will be shared, the answer is : yes :) , the AdA mod will be publicaly released at the end of this month (August 2007) :)

Hub.

I'd like to know if it will be MOD in free distribution. Thanks :)

Шальной пилот :pilotfly:

http://www.virpil.vodddka.com/

http://auto.vodddka.com/

hmmm I was thinking, the Mirage has poor rearward visibility. Even worse than the MiG-29. Is there any way to mod the aft part of the in-cockpit view and obscure it to approximate the way it looks in the mirage with the fuselage right behind the ejection seat? Like if you turn your head all the way around you don't see clear canopy behind your seat, but fuselage?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hmmm I was thinking, the Mirage has poor rearward visibility. Even worse than the MiG-29. Is there any way to mod the aft part of the in-cockpit view and obscure it to approximate the way it looks in the mirage with the fuselage right behind the ejection seat? Like if you turn your head all the way around you don't see clear canopy behind your seat, but fuselage?

I know what you mean :) We got this discussion about the rear ward visibily among us. As a result, considered that :

- you cannot "lean", ie twist your head over the side of your seat in Lockon

- the visibility from a Mirage seat is not as good as in a F-16, but not that bad either : the very small size / width of the cockpit and the distance between the head of the pilot / sides of the plane / canopy help a lot :)

- it was very difficult / impossible to skin a good looking "rear" part of the pit.

We decided to get this maximum rearward visibility :

9ldwzzay.jpg

5vta0n41.jpg

Thank you very much again for your interest in our project / your suggestions, we appreciate :)

Cheers :)

Hub.

PS : Lothamroth was using modified "custom" visibility settings / view angles to shoot its video. In the AdA mod, it will be far more restricted (ie default values) than in its teaser :)

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I was thinking...is there any way to make it look like the fuselage comes forward like the real Mirage? like this (but done properly:))?

5vta0n41dw2.jpg

Yes and no :) :

- yes with the pit of the Su25T we are using for the 2000C, but the work is still in progress and we are not sure we will be able to overcome all the difficulties we are facing (it's really hard core reskinning :))

- no with the pit of the Mig29S used for the 2000-5 : the way the textures are mapped makes very difficult / impossible to get a good result :)

Cheers :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well from what I've seen so far it looks like you've done a great job with what you CAN mod. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

Thanks to you for caring about the mod and asking the good questions :) We definitly tried to go as far as possible in the reskinning process, but if you have any remarks / suggestions, feel free to ask :)

Cheers. :)

Hub.

• Like 1

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hub, please hurry up with that mod, it's AWESOME!

Very nice job. Especially that cockpit works. :thumbup:

Can't wait to have a good flight with that.:pilotfly:

WOW! Don't stop! Waiting the mods! :pilotfly:

Thanks for your posts :)

To keep you informed, we are currently fixing a couple of little issues we found between players with the mod installed and players with a "standard" Lomac installation :)

The idea behind the mod was not have any prerequisites and to be able to play it freely on HyperLobby / public servers, and that means a lot of testing / tuning :) and -compromises-.

Actually it's a real brain twister to be able to play the mod almost "transparently" and to be at the same time as "realistic" as possible :)

Meanwhile, we have finished the 27 campaign missions and are working on the briefings, but the fixes we are doing will probably have some side effects on the mission contents and would probably force us to have another look at it :)

Cheers. :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yur... seems just an adaptation of mig 29 to looks more or (and much)less like a Mirage.

I´ve been into a mirage 2005-BR full military sim cockpit (when France tried to sell 2005 version to Brazil) and... its hell.

The commands are unintuitive, you get easely overflooded, cockpit is crampy, range of sight is very limited.

I don´t know why people worship this plane its main glory was in the 50 early 60 because it could match MIG 21 fishbeds... It never had any real relevance in any war theatre. Its only capability is zoom and bom, turn rate is awfull to be gentle, internal fuel capability is laughtable, thats why we always see them hanging with 2 huge external tanks that toils even more its weapon load capacity since each tank invalidate 2 weapon pylons.

Anyone not believing me just look at the Malwins fights, Argentinians Mirages got decimated by Harriers I.

Mirage had to fly high so they could flee if the harriers tryed to climb up.

And i´m french...i´m just not biggot enought to droll upon national trash.

I highly doubt any French could speak like this , for sure , such Frenchman is not yet born , seems more like you 're a French hater without having the slightest idea you're are speaking about .

There is one simple proof that completely betrays you , and that is the way you spelled "Malwins" , no French would ever do that ,as well as the structure of your sentences .

I can't be bothered to answer in details , but would be good for you to know that they are many models very different , F1 , III , IV , 2000C etc.. , initial turn rate is better than F-16 on a 2000-5 and arguably and according to many experts , at least as good if not superior in air-to-air (except latest blocks ) , manoeuvrability is very good including supersonic , it has fought in 1991 Desert storm , Mirage III were equipping Israel s in their war against Egypt etc. and played a very important role for Israeli airforce , Mirage have been sold to many air forces for 30 years who use also other countrie's plane , and they always have compared very well , often favourable , for instance , pilots of India and Greece love the airplane , autonomy on 2000-5 of this mod is 1500km , with internal tank , a bit more than 1000km , which is good , Argentinians had only 19 old Mirages , less well trained pilots and many other factors that explain why they flew higher intervene actually , like big naval presence , numerical inferiority etc.. well anyway , i can 't be bothered ..

maybe it's time to take your medication and leave France alone , if you just come here to crap up a people and a thread of someone willing to share kindly something with the community . Take example on the Russians , we sometimes had political disagreements in the past , but we always kept a high respect and affection for Russia and its people and they always respected us too , that is what i call educated and healthy relationships , i'm really tired of seeing people of always the same 2-3 countries have a go and try to slag us ..