Mission 2 Help

FlankerMan

Hi Flankerman, thanks for the kind words.

How long did you hang around after the MiG bugged out and you lost sight of the other two Fencers? If possible, can you provide a .trk or .ACMI file of your flight?

Some spoilers below about how the mission is specifically scripted.

There should be a trigger to detect if an enemy MiG bugs out; you'll receive a message that MiG one is bugging out if both are still alive, if only one remains you should hear that MiG two is bugging out.

Once both MiG-29s are either shot down or have bugged out, you should receive orders from Magic to engage the Fencers. You'll be given a short window to engage the remaining aircraft (if memory serves, there is a score bonus and a special VO if you manage to kill all of them in this window)

A couple of minutes after the MiGs are dead and you've been ordered to attack the Fencers, any remaining aircraft should bug out and you'll be ordered by Magic to hold your fire and allow them to retreat. Shooting down the remaining fencers after you've been ordered to hold fire will result in an ROE violation and mission failure.

Hopefully that will give you an idea of what happened on your flight, and what should be happening if something didn't. Please let us know if the issue repeats or you encounter any other bugs playing TGW!

Thanks!

I'm sure there aren't any problems, I was just wondering what I had to do. By the way, what exactly does 'bugging out' mean? RTBing? Running away?

Well, just follow the orders given on the fly.

"Bug out" is to cease the attack and fly away in the face of a threat or losses.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria