fast jet whiners

Hello,

We need a new term like the classic "Luftwhiner" and I am surprised that someone hasn't invented it yet. Perhaps it is the difficulty of distinguishing between the following two areas:

- In regards to the development of the Kamov (and various conspiracy theories) there has been a lot of whining here about ED abandoning fast jets, missile/sensor modeling etc. In particular a lot of people have said at one point or another that they will not buy BS unless "fast mover" combat is improved.

- To a lesser extent there have been a number of complaints about modeling of "esoteric Russian aircraft that nobody wants", with the implication that everyone wants an F-14, (which some of us find rather insulting to non-Americans).

We need a term for the first case (if not the second).

It is all right and good for people to express their interests but it does get tedious when they don't recognize that other people may have an interest to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

• Like 2

Hello,

We need a new term like the classic "Luftwhiner" and I am surprised that someone hasn't invented it yet. Perhaps it is the difficulty of distinguishing between the following two areas:

- In regards to the development of the Kamov (and various conspiracy theories) there has been a lot of whining here about ED abandoning fast jets, missile/sensor modeling etc. In particular a lot of people have said at one point or another that they will not buy BS unless "fast mover" combat is improved.

- To a lesser extent there have been a number of complaints about modeling of "esoteric Russian aircraft that nobody wants", with the implication that everyone wants an F-14, (which some of us find rather insulting to non-Americans).

It is all right and good for people to express their interests but it does get tedious when they don't recognize that other people may have an interest to.

I think you've got a point.

I mean . . . . they've already got a sim. The whirlybird fans don't. How unfair is that? :D

I'm afraid we won't have enough time to formulate a proper term for fast jet whiners, as the Ka-50 pilots will flood this forum with posts like "Awh cmon, it took me 17 minutes to spool the d*mn thing up and some noob in some noobish Su-27 arcade-flipper machine just owned me with an R73!"

What's the term for someone with few posts (non-contributor) that wants to start categorizing people and calling them names?

A strange way that guy tries to make some friends... :megalol:

"Fast-jet-whiners" still are a majority here I suppose, so what's the matter??

As I said before: The helo-thingy is dividing the crowd here... ...make it a standalone! :pilotfly:

I should find a way to stop myself answering in threads like this... :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

FairyElementalAirLitha2004.jpghttp://www.annmourasgarden.com/images/FairyElementalAirLitha2004.jpg

air fairies - lololololol - yeap i know what you mean - real man fly ground attack

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

http://www.annmourasgarden.com/images/FairyElementalAirLitha2004.jpg

air fairies - lololololol - yeap i know what you mean - real man fly ground attack

Or as I like to say: Eagles may soar, but weasels doesn't get sucked into air-intakes :megalol:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Hello,

Here's one- can't handle seeing current & ongoing events on this board criticized? Delete your account and *baddaboom*- problem solved.

:idiot:

lol - good one xp

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

What's the term for someone with few posts (non-contributor) that wants to start categorizing people and calling them names?

They've being the people who paid twice?

Do I detect some bitterness here Rugg?

In all seriousness, we're all here to have fun. There's not much any of us can do to materially affect the decisions of ED, sooo . . . . just chill out and enjoy it.

Start taking it too seriously and you'll turn into Mower.

*ducks*

• Like 2

...with the implication that everyone wants an F-14...

That's crazy talk. It's the F/A-18 that everyone wants. :thumbup:

I have a cool trendy nickname for the fast-jet whiners...

ED's customers

Seriously, who here bought LOMAC and FC so that they could fly helos?

• Like 3

ED's customers

You're my man GOYA!!!!!!!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Swingkid said it was going to be a standalone. And now that thread has disappeared! I don't believe much in conspiracy theories, but...................

It is not stand alone. ( http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=950&scr=default&lang=en )

There will be both a download and CD version. For both versions:

* If you already have Flaming Cliffs, it will add all the 1.2 content.

* If you don't have Flaming Cliffs, it will upgrade Lock On to 1.2 standard but it will not include the Su-25T and Flaming Cliffs missions and campaigns.

dammit- I can't rep him either..... Here Laud- you take it for him, lol...

LOL! Now you're my man too! :megalol::music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED's customers

You're not seriously suggesting that past products should dictate a software companys entire future development?

As far as I can figure out, the most anyone will have paid for Lomac/FC is about $60, rather less if they came to it later.

They now have 8 jets, modelled pretty well, looking good, still fun to fly, and you'll most likely get another patch to fix the jet that has a couple of errors.

ED are even going back to fast jets after the Ka50, and they'll be at the Ka50's level of detail . . . . which will, by the way, blow your mind.

So what's to complain about? Is this JetWhining just a display of impatience that ED aren't working on the aircraft you want NOW NOW NOW!?

Some people complained about the Su25T being the subject of Flaming Cliffs - well here's exactly the same thing all over again. A bunch of the people who complained vociferously about that jet now fly it perfectly happily . . . . just get over it and add another string to your virtual aviation bow.

• Like 1

So maybe it's just simply the Name "LockOn" combined with the name "Blackshark" that leads to statements like "those who bought LOMAC didn't want to fly a helo". It's that change of direction within that game title that brings the problems with it IMHO. Maybe world would look far different if BS would have been a standalone product from the very beginning. As FC began the big unbalance, BS is the height. I like all those high poly models and the way they simulated the chopper but it looks kind of unfitting within the V1.00 flyables. That's all... Unbalance...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree Britgliderpilot,

You cant get everything you want. Its only a game anyway.

The best thing people can do is buy BS, afterall supporting ED in this way will raise money for the next sim. Afterall judging by the number of posts some have submitted and the time we all have spent reading the threads you already paid the $40.00.

I like the A-10 but I will definately try out the Ka-50.

Swingkid said it was going to be a standalone. And now that thread has disappeared! I don't believe much in conspiracy theories, but...................

SK is far from being on top of this project (respect for him) and is only 1 of the many colaborators of the team. His voice on making BS standalone is singing a solo music. The orchestra is not following. ANd it has been mentioned in that referred thread by other colaborators and team menbers. Its possible that the discussion has been moved into the DEV section because its being discussed and of course some arguments in those discussions cannot be made public yet.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I agree Britgliderpilot,

You cant get everything you want. Its only a game anyway.

The best thing people can do is buy BS, afterall supporting ED in this way will raise money for the next sim. Afterall judging by the number of posts some have submitted and the time we all have spent reading the threads you already paid the $40.00.

I like the A-10 but I will definately try out the Ka-50.

We will forgive you this time (8 posts) but never say the “game” word ever again on this forum!

It is “SIM” “FLIGHT SIMULATION” :D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Fast Jet whingers hmmm ,if I chose a synonymous situation then something like an F1 Sim which a lot of hardcore F1 Vdrivers invested a lot of cash and time into and also a lot of car sim lovers had an interest with some dedicating just as much as the F1 nuts.

But then suddenly the developers decide to release an ubber top of the sim world WRC car AddOn ~ woohoo cry the car lovers ...erm WTF cry the F1 simmers, rightly so I think too.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

He hasnt invaded my PC yet so I have to rule that hypothesis out! :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I agree in some parts with Frost1e but not completely, because: A WRC car has nothing to do on a F1 racetrack while all kinds of weapon-systems share one big battlefield. And because of that I still have the dream of one time having the before in another thread mentioned "digital battlefield" with an amazing tank-, infantry-, ship-, helo- and flight-sim joining together into one virtual world. As the implementation of the helo is just one step in that - for me - right direction, it just doesn't work propper as the different concepts doesn't fit each other.

And to those mentioning "Tank Killers":1) I don't dare thinking about how long it might take until it's ready to buy. 2) WTF does this help me? We're talking about F A S T movers... ;)

The essence seems to remain: Choose multirole aircrafts to simulate! F4 shows how and why that works great. One (maybe two) plane that fits into anyones wishes. Those who like mudmoving and all of it's facets (CAS, SEAD etc.) get there kick as those who like some BVR, SRM or Gunzo do. Maybe some even like all these roles?!! But "Tank Killers" is for me walking the wrong road again chosing just one maybe two of all those amazing roles. Thats why it seems like for me it's not worth waiting for that one either. :( ... no doubt it will have killer-graphics and stuff... but where's the diversification?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some people complained about the Su25T being the subject of Flaming Cliffs - well here's exactly the same thing all over again. A bunch of the people who complained vociferously about that jet now fly it perfectly happily . . . . just get over it and add another string to your virtual aviation bow.

I got good news for you, Britt: on the RAF server currently there is some A2G action also. And as usual, most A2G seats are still free. On most servers, if you're late all F-15's, Flankers and Mig-29 are taken. But then no doubt you will still find a free Froggy. Because with all its AFM, frogs don't fly. They jump.

So yes, I was rather vociferous on the hunchback, and am now still happily flying the Flanker.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]