Ka-50 photo references?

Hi guys,

As the release of BS seems to be quite far away to keep myself calm I started building a 1:48 scale Ka-50 model using a Revell kit as a base but with a lot of scratch building and reworking. The problem is finding good high res references. Now I have about 150 pictures including the ones from a recent walkaround post as well as the Polygon book. However there is still lots of "grey areas" or photos are just not high res enough. I wonder if any of you can help?

Several quick questions: 1)There seem to be several cockpit colours, I've seen black, grey, blue and turquoise. As well as different insturment setups. Are they related to different incarnations, operation areas or just year of manufacture? 2) There doesn't seem to be any close up pictures of the main gun and the screenshots from the game that I've seen seem to be simplified? The bit I'm interested in is the bobbins under the wing, hydrolics etc. 3) No good hi res picture of the rear chassis and it's hydrolics.

There are many more but tha's a start :) Hope somebody can help.

IIRC the cockpit colours are to do with whether they're the night or day version - one of the colours works better with NVGs.

For more information you need to hunt down the blurb describing the process through the prototypes - it's much understanding that there's not really a standard equipment fit on the Ka50, it keeps evolving with each prototype.

As for the cannon and rear landing gear . . . . have you tried hunting through the various promo videos?

I think I remember seeing a good shot of the cannon installation as a Ka50 was lifting off in one of them.

Got that walkaround already thanks. Good gun and weapon pics however not high enough resolution to see what is going on properly.

Here is a picture from the game in comparison, it looks very simple.

Is the cockpit black or light colour for the night version then? The walkaround is of the daytime version yet the cockpit is black.

Got that walkaround already thanks. Good gun and weapon pics however not high enough resolution to see what is going on properly.

Here is a picture from the game in comparison, it looks very simple.

Is the cockpit black or light colour for the night version then? The walkaround is of the daytime version yet the cockpit is black.

Try this link for cockpit colour discussion:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=10246

I hope the outside wall from that canister is very armored :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least