banned member?

My advice is that you guys move along. There's nothing to see here.

I just want to add my voice to saying that this is kind of scary. Hits followed by crowd control from the secret police...? ;) D)

There may be a good reason here, but normally, if someone is banned there is a good reason (and everyone is grateful). I support transparency.

Democracy is not a system of government, it is everyone taking an interest in what goes on.

democracy

I just want to add my voice to saying that this is kind of scary. Hits followed by crowd control from the secret police...? ;) D)

There may be a good reason here, but normally, if someone is banned there is a good reason (and everyone is grateful). I support transparency.

Democracy is not a system of government, it is everyone taking an interest in what goes on.

I have to agree with the above post, I saw no apparent offence by those members that have been banned. Unless their offense was not politically correct to certain moderators. Suppression by banning, deleting post over an opinion expressed shows a one-sided and controlled forum that is nothing I would participate with any longer, for I can't trust the information that would be posted forthwith. You might as well remove my account now and make room for someone else, I will not be back.

3Sqn_SARGE

I've noticed quite a few members are being banned and i was wondering why. I didn't see any offensive post, did they do something wrong or did someone hacked into the forum and banning people?

Don't ask, the Mods won't tell ya. Been through long conversations already....

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Usually I view forum arguments as the biggest waste of your life you can think of and the banter is just a lot of "handbags at dawn". However this seems to be affecting some of the more popular and helpful forum members, which inevitably evolved into an "I'm Spartacus so ban me too" situation which was bound to happen and I'm sure comes as no big surprise to anyone.

I think most definitely some transparency would be helpful for all concerned especially for those that say members were banned for no reason or those like myself that miss the offending post or behavior and are left wondering WTF is going on. If members were told publicly why they were banned after the offending post then this whole debate could be avoided becasue we could all see exactly what went on, instead of members filling in the blanks themselves and choosing sides which just makes the forum less fun to visit. I mean airing things like that publicly would be the best way IMO and forget about the idea of privacy becasue what is there to be private about on a public forum? It's not like we're lawyers going to court against each other, this is just a forum for a game of all things so if you're going to get banned for a post you made publicly then why not be told publicly you are banned for X days for X reason?

• Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I remember the days when this forum was quite civilized....

They were the day's...

It still is, or did you notice any less whining now and then?

The Mods patience seems to running thinner though, after all they have been the same. I would never have enough patience for hundreds of kids online. :D

Hey dude, are you by any chance related to officier Barbrady?

I think his advice is to be followed. Theres no point in arguing for having been advised and then become part of the problem of sending bad vibes into these boards.

Cheers.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

*Takes The ED Tester Shirt off*

This post could possibly cost me my beta test position (as ED does care a lot about all its customers) but hey it needs to be said. This is all in my Opinion and does not reflect ED in any way shape or form - All me.

...People wonder why the bans? Can you imagine?

Those who find themselves banned or warned - Do you go to an guests house that you were invited to and start to criticize their choice in interior furnishings and taste in clothes and expect to be invited again? You are here as guests, of which it is a privilege to post here. You then decide to criticize ED and their business practices and choices. You then scream "KGB" and free speech and then expect that some how that you will receive no concequence?

How is it 90% of this forums members get along just fine no warnings or anything? Are we mindless ED lemmings? I think not...

Any way there are way too many negative threads started by the same micro minority for no good reason (some find themselves unable to read this post currently).

Those who want get ED's attention: Contribute to the community in a positive way and learn how to speak with respect and tact. If you do not get what you want then deal with it - life sucks, get a lawyer.

Vent complete...

You're right in some points even if the comparisson to a house, it's owners and their guest is a bit poor as we're here as sellers and customers and thats a whole other story...

If a forum isn't open to criticism you can leave it closed.

But you're right: Calling someone KGB and stuff goes a step too far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

On other forums I visit the mods change the post of the offender to look like this...

"MOD EDIT: This type of post will get you banned."

More detail added as necessary, usually with the rule that is being violated. The original poster's name is still in the forum for all to see, but the message is changed, and everyone knows it has been changed. This leaves good threads in place and only removes the crap.

Great idea centermass. At least we would know what's happening and why. Threads here disappear with no explanation what soever. Just like SK's last thread...Yeah his idea was..."special" but still it had over 10 pages of constructive posts. People weren't bashing at each other and everyone defended his ideas in a clean manner. Then I come back here and the whole thread is gone and I don't have a clue why. Yeah maybe it wasn't in ED's plan anyway but still...isn't a forum about discussion?

On the other Hand I would Kill for monthly Progress/Dev reports, even superficial broad summaries of progress to date so that I can at least satisfy myself that the end is in sight :)

Actually, this could be a good idea. But instead of the devs, why not one of the beta testers, given ED's permission of course.

That would be so great. There's really a lack on input from ED on this forum. And I think that's part of why there's so much frustration around here nowadays. Yes I know, there was Wag's announcement a few days ago and he will do another one soon but apart from that what did we get from ED? The last infos we had goes back in March. Chizh and Dmut used to come here once in a while to give us small update but now they only seem to go on the russian forum. I know english isn't there language but russian isn't ours.

I think GA's solution is the best here. If they could give us regular reports of what's being worked on at the moment it would satisfy a bunch of us! And I guess they trust enough their beta testers to give them this kind of information (at least I hope so).

• Like 1

Pardon me, but I'll be extremely blunt here: The thing is, the mods SHOULDN'T actually have to ban anyone, if people would just bloody behave and follow the rules (this post here breaks pretty much all of them, I know). People are too edgy, too confrontional and too stubborn to look at an issue from other sides then their own. And WHEN a mod steps in, what happens? Yep, pointless threads like this one filled with mostly bitching and whining, and like children that can't get exactly what they want when they want it (aka I want this and this and that over there, and I want it NOW!").

Someone got banned because they were out of line? That's forum life. Let me call Whine Moan Moan for a Whaaambulance. Too bad. Accept it, learn from it, and move the hell on.

:ranting:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

*Takes The ED Tester Shirt off*

This post could possibly cost me my beta test position (as ED does care a lot about all its customers) but hey it needs to be said. This is all in my Opinion and does not reflect ED in any way shape or form - All me.

...People wonder why the bans? Can you imagine?

Those who find themselves banned or warned - Do you go to an guests house that you were invited to and start to criticize their choice in interior furnishings and taste in clothes and expect to be invited again? You are here as guests, of which it is a privilege to post here. You then decide to criticize ED and their business practices and choices. You then scream "KGB" and free speech and then expect that some how that you will receive no concequence?

How is it 90% of this forums members get along just fine no warnings or anything? Are we mindless ED lemmings? I think not...

Any way there are way too many negative threads started by the same micro minority for no good reason (some find themselves unable to read this post currently).

Those who want get ED's attention: Contribute to the community in a positive way and learn how to speak with respect and tact. If you do not get what you want then deal with it - life sucks, get a lawyer.

Vent complete...

Some of us want to be lemmings ;)

Maybe the moderators could post a list of closed subjects (ie. choice of the Kamov) that people should not post on? A thread could even be provided for those people that want to complain about these subjects.

It would clean up the forum and let everyone know what was acceptable and what can be done.

Just an idea, good luck S! to ED!

You can switch ED with a Restaurant. Now, i know that every restaurant has its old customers... they feel a little... bigger but, if they break the rules (and the furniture sometimes :) ) they are invited to chill... outside. Is normal practice... I didn't see in a restaurant any "democracy" :D .

Can you go to a pizzeria and make them do sushi?? As a customer ofcourse... in a democratic country... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

not your business :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Vent complete...
Well said Rockwelder. I fully agree with you.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Be assured that EDs future is very bright imho. Look for how long they are on the market despite all the odds people always try to talk into them.

They maybe dont pump games out every year but they financial model must be very solid.

I hope you're right Groove, however reading things like the article below make me wonder.

While this certainly isn't an outline of ED's position it does give some insights to what their (and anyone else's) challenges are.

Very interesting, read the entire thing, I may make a separate post.

http://www.firingsquad.com/features/killing_game_development/

Whoa!

Student Naval Aviator (SNA) flying in back on an instrument hop, very lost, very flustered, inadvertently keys XMIT instead of ICS to tell Instructor Pilot (IP) he is less-than-optimally situationally aware:

SNA: (broadcasts to world) "Sir, I'm all ****ed up."

Whiting TWR: "Aircraft using obscenity, identify yourself."

(short pause)

IP: "My student said he was ****ed up; he didn't say he was stupid."

No there's a slight migration back to the Ubi boards, slowly though. Now I really gotta work :)

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Okay, I think we've let this one run long enough. Quoting the forum rules:

The following is incompatible with membership of this discussion board and will not tolerated:

* Disruptive posts that undermine the ability of the moderators to do their job.

Thread closed.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules