banned member?

strange is not the right word to describe whats happening...

does anybody know if Mike Cinch Perry was regarding to something specific with

"OK, now I understand why certain threds are deleted, LOL NICE WORK MODS!!!" ?

or was it just a general "last post" statement?

Just a note from me, who still moderates the Ubi boards, is that I won't tolerate any complaining whatsoever about it. Regardless of any views, I will stress that it's an issue for them to handle through the mods here, not on the forums (I still be the only active moderator, so I'll be possessive on it) there. Wags PM'd me on the issue so I'm aware of the general situation, and really have a "no comment" stance on it.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Yea but I’m just saying, I didn’t see any offensive post by these members. If they crossed the line and started cussing people out then yea I fully support the ban. But when they are banned because they simply have a different opinion than anyone else…then the situation turns almost into a dictatorship. It didn’t seem like they were on a “whining” level

Yea but I’m just saying, I didn’t see any offensive post by these members. If they crossed the line and started cussing people out then yea I fully support the ban. But when they are banned because they simply have a different opinion than anyone else…then the situation turns almost into a dictatorship. It didn’t seem like they were on a “whining” level

Well... from what I understand of the situation, they felt it was necessary. Like Ice said it's time to move on with the situation and see how it pans out. While Force Feedback in a sense seems like it is a dictatorship, then I was a Czar on the Ubi boards. There's always going to be dissension, or badmouthing a product, but it's gotten to the level not so much where we have to carry little books with ED saying it's a Great Product And Doesn't Have Faults, and march in uniform, hailing the Great Flight Sim. But it's where incessant whining and moaning about issues that cannot, or in the process of being solved. As said numerous times, it's a complex simulation. It's going to be buggy, it's life, and most people never seem to expect it. Mainly from the US, since it's a fast food culture, so they're expecting it to be fixed NOW, when they don't have the patience to realize that this takes time, and get ornery about it. ED knows of the issues, and we'll have to wait until they fix it. That's my take on the "heavy handedness" of the issue. I'm sure the ED guys could wish they could snap their fingers and viola! it's Done! It's Perfect! But it's not!

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

so they're expecting it to be fixed NOW, when they don't have the patience to realize that this takes time, and get ornery about it.

I don't think you have a very good grasp of what many people are saying. Everyone realizes writing code takes time. The main propblem is that ED has announced that the major problems with the existing code will NOT BE ADDRESSED in the next add-on. Time will not make any difference if problems are not addressed. Those that are upset about this have one real way of making ED understand the importance of supporting its products. And I don't mean writing posts in forums.

ED wants to replace old code, not fix it. New code -is- the fix.

As Wags has said, there -is- a short list of things to do for FC still.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The major problems for Lock On Flaming Cliffs HAVE been adressed. Its stable online and the net code is excelent. What is left are small issues that a few would like to see improved, including myself. The difference however is I can see the BIG PICTURE. Not because im a tester but because I understand that Flaming Cliffs 1.12a/b has been tweaked and upgraded so much that any other changes may be impossible or, at least require too many resources to be viable.

Lock on and fc were never designed to be very realistic simulations, it was designed as a survery sim with some hardcore aspects. many of you expect and want it to be something it is not. Black shark on the other hand will be, there's a big difference.

Matt also said that if their is time there may well be another patch for FC to change a few things.. Simple things maybe like G tolerances. I honestly dont know.

99% of us are more than happy with the product and accept that nothing in this world virtual or real will ever be "perfect"

ED wants to replace old code, not fix it. New code -is- the fix.

As Wags has said, there -is- a short list of things to do for FC still.

Yeah Tank Killers is the real answer to the problem a whole new sim which is designed with lessons learned from lockon and FC.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I am all for ED getting on with a "2nd generation" (my term) architecture and giving us a whole new ballgame. The way I see it, the whole combat sim genre is teetering on the edge of an era. For years it's been F4 or Lockon if you were serious into modern-ish fast jets. They have both been modded to the gills (F4 more obviously due to the source leak) and have reached their limitations. Supposedly LP is working on a "2nd gen" sim, but no word...nothing...nada, and they didn't even create F4. With ED however, we are at least getting sent out with the big bang of what appears to be awesome content to carry us for a long while to come.

We already enjoy a product they made, we know they have outside business too, so IMHO we have every reason (short of the planet's destruction or other unforeseen events... alien invasion and what have you) to expect they will stay in business and we will get something else we will enjoy. all you have to do is live that long and hope they don't go into strictly governmental work. :D

Or you can wait for the "duke nuke 'em" of combat sims: Fighter Ops!

Also don't forget Jet Thunder is on the horizon as well!

Face it it's a niche genre. We won't get even a title a year. So do your best to stay alive, and hope for the best.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mainly from the US, since it's a fast food culture, so they're expecting it to be fixed NOW, when they don't have the patience to realize that this takes time, and get ornery about it.

This is quite a generalised comment are all the people that are getting banned from the US? I think impatience on sim development is a world wide problem and not limited to just one country or culture.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]