64-bit

Maybe I missed something but I ignored the readme for the last patch and now have lost it, the mainsite is playing up a bit in the file section (for em anyway) and the search function encompasses almost all threads.

So does the 1.12b patch enable support for any version of Vista 64-bit (note the 64-bit specifically as that's what I plan to upgrade to, as I actually want an upgrade in OS not a change of scenery).

Anyone here running Lockon in 64-bit version, and if so what did you have to do beyond getting the 1.12b patch to get it to work if anything?

Second question, if I upgrade from XP to Vista what happens to all my files? are they deleted or simply require reinstallation - or does Vista cleverly install in search away I can use everything right away?

Should I install it in a certain way once purchased, i.e. in a seperate partition keeping XP, is there any advantage to it? (I'd rather not, so it'd have to be a considerable advantage)

Thank You.

I don't know if you saw this yet, but this was posted on the front page of lockonfiles that had some info on vista. I personally don't want to install it as of now, so i can't tell you any personal experience.

Lock On FC under VISTA[/url]Lock On does run well on Vista and those wanting to upgrade, can do it with ease and run Lock On as before, but will need to accept some serious problems with 3rd party software such as Modman, which does not work under Vista neither in its 5 nor in 6 Beta13 versions, SAITEK owners now have a new SST SOFTWARE BETA FOR VISTA , but it won’t be able to run old profiles until a migration tool is made available. Eagle Dynamics has released a patch 1.12b meant to provide compatibility with VISTA as 1.12a does not run under VISTA . Even so you will still need to get a driver update from STARFORCE, as sooner than later the Starforce driver will be disabled by Vista due to incompatibility.

I did NOT encounter any issues with Starforce, I installed it on a new laptop, which came with VISTA Business 32 pre-installed. There may be issues with Sound and GPU drivers that need to be addressed.

- A quick Install Guide

If you had a fully working FC 1.12a copy – and want to upgrade to Vista, in view of Modman inability to install any mods, keep your old copy of Lock On 1.1 by renaming it, then you can later copy the BAZAR, ME, CONFIG and SOUNDS folders and paste it in your new install, this will allow you to have all the Mods without having to go through a manual install for each mod.

Installing FC on Vista requires a clean 1.00 install and then over it the 1.1 FC install.

After doing this and BEFORE you continue, load FC for the first time for Starforce to try (it won’t) to register your copy, now you should update it first with the 1.12b PATCH and then do the STARFORCE DRIVER UPDATE and you are ready to go – load FC again and Starforce will run and enable your copy.

Remember to use an utility called Savekeys found at ED site to avoid having to register again and that you need to have admin privileges to edit files etc.

If you installed VISTA, share with us your experience in our FORUMS : we will weep and rejoice with you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know if you saw this yet, but this was posted on the front page of lockonfiles that had some info on vista. I personally don't want to install it as of now, so i can't tell you any personal experience.

That doesn't sound too bad to me (no I'm not nuts :P) at least I know that there is proper support for it (I assume 64-bit as well) and I don't have to follow a complex guide on bypassing the whole installation.

The main reason I want Vista is for DX10 so it might not be worth getting 64-bit if lockon and other programs aren't compatible which is my concern, though I have read it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the link.

Yea vista does look good and all, but I want to wait just a little bit longer until i take the step to install it b/c there might be some programs I'm using that doesn't really like vista. I would like to wait until the first service pack is out. As for dx10, since that's not officially out right now, there's no reason for me to rush and install vista. I was going to when Halo 2 came out for vista only, but i managed to play that on XP. lol. Microsoft and their monopoly BS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lol. Microsoft and their monopoly BS.

We could all band together as consumers and refuse their product til it suits us, or we could carry on sucking up to them and buying their ridiculous software at unfair regional pricing and then have to wait for months til it all works and we get hit by a new marketing front for windows Vienna and DX11/12 as we are doing currently :P

I can NOT recommend running lockon with Vista 64, i did everything that is suggested in this or other forums, but still it CTDs after 5-10 minutes i play, sometimes it even crashes when loading a mission.

S~

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

I can NOT recommend running lockon with Vista 64, i did everything that is suggested in this or other forums, but still it CTDs after 5-10 minutes i play, sometimes it even crashes when loading a mission.

S~

Brati

Hmmm, is that because you are running 64-bit or simply because it's vista though?

This is why I might run a different OS on each hard drive - if so could I still access file from each OS on the other drive?

I've been running Lock on since 1.12a on Vista 64bit and have no problems with it at all...

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe

Intel Core Duo X6800 Extreme Edition

2GB Corsair XMS2-8500C

ASUS 1GB GeForce 7950GX2

Creative X-FI Music

Dell 2407WFP

Saitek X52

Saitek Pro Flight Pedals

Track-IR 4

Logitech G15 Keyboard

I initially had issues with the Creative and Saitek drivers, but everything has fully supported drivers now.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I run Lock-On with Vista 64 bit but very often it was frozen at please wait screen where before game start. So I decided to returned to windows XP and no problem at all here anymore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I think I'll get it then and give it a go, it's a matter of figuring out how to partition my drives effectively now.

I think I will go for Premium 64-bit and with the money saved get another 2GBs of RAM :D

Thanks for the responses.