STREAM DECK PROFILES LIBRARY

my experience is that the calls to interrogate switches and switch positions are very expensive computationally... in 2d that "doesn't matter" at least as much, in VR its pretty catastrophic, as the CPU frame time hit is going to be pretty bad. Consequently I just use my Stream Deck as a button box ...

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/input-and-output/271902-new-streamdeck-plugin?p=6307488#post6307488

this is what i do:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/input-and-output/282274-stream-deck-as-a-dx-button-box-for-vr

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am completely new to Stream Deck (got one this afternoon) but for the life of me I can't get it working with DCS.

Hotkeys are just not registered, whatever I do - but they are working fine for any functions or keys outside of DCS.

What obvious thing am I missing?

I got it working with Export Script etc, but it should just work with hotkeys.....right? 😉

Edited by veenee

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

11 hours ago, veenee said:

I am completely new to Stream Deck (got one this afternoon) but for the life of me I can't get it working with DCS.

Hotkeys are just not registered, whatever I do - but they are working fine for any functions or keys outside of DCS.

What obvious thing am I missing?

I got it working with Export Script etc, but it should just work with hotkeys.....right? 😉

I'm a bit unclear about the HotKeys, I take it you mean using the StreamDeck to assign Keyboard sequences to the game using the HotKey button option available for the StreamDeck

I assume you've alrready downloaded "System" to enable you to get that button command, shown in the picture on the column at the right

application.png

Drag that onto a button and it'll give you 2 lines one for a title and one for the keypress sequence.

Just a note when it pulls the command in, you will see next to the "Hotkey:" an arrow indicating a drop down window, offering options.

Click on it and select the  Differentiate left/right modifiers, at the top.

Select that before assigning the hotkey, if you don't all modifiers will be the left ones by default i.e. Shift is L_Shift, Alt is L_Alt etc:

Can you either PM me or post up here what particular keybinds you're trying to implement and I'll try them out with my StreamDeck...............if you want to that is

Any Keybinds I've wanted to use via StreamDeck all seem to work fine.

One question, are you in Europe? I posted a little while back that I came accross a problem specific to the R_Alt modifier for the European keyboard. A European keyboard sends a L-Ctl+R-Alt when pressed down. Some software is clever enough to ignore the L_Ctl command but not the StreamDeck.

To get around that I change to a US keyboard when making the command in the StreamDeck then changeback to my normal UK keyboard in Windows. After that's done it always worked fine so far. Realize that's a long shot but thought I'd post it up anyway

I am based in UK, but I think R Alt is not an issue.

Example - I have RIOs CAP numerical keyboard bound as NumPad keys - so no modifiers at all.

I linked them the same way in Stream soft as Hotkeys and they do not register when I am in RIO seat. If I press the NumPad keys directly - they work as they should.

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

• 1 month later...

Question about the file? I get an error message that says there is no application at path C:\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe

I don't have anything at that particular path, how do I get the profile to work without going through and rebinding everything on my systems?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! New to Streamdeck and im looking for some help

I would like to know how to make one button to show me some values, but instad of fraction giving me numbers with value on the sim.

For this particulary case i was trying the Gazelle to send me radar altimeter values.
This is in the lua:
"-- radar altimetre
    [94] = "%.4f",    -- Radar_Altimeter {0,5,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,110,120,130,140,150,200,250,300,350,400,450,500,550,600,650,700,750,800,850}{0,0.019,0.035,0.072,0.109,0.147,0.18,0.214,0.247,0.283,0.316,0.345,0.376,0.407,0.438,0.469,0.501,0.564,0.606,0.648,0.676,0.706,0.732,0.756,0.775,0.794,0.811,0.829,0.843,0.858,0.87}"

The values that show are the fraction ones, but i want to know what i need to do to have the values on the other string.
So it shows 0,5,10,20, etc instead of 0,0.019,0.035,0.072,0.109

I tried to find the answer by myself but i cant figure it out, a little help would be great

After a lot of work, I have made a Stream deck profile for the Spit. Its not quiet finished but if there is any Interest, I will Post it. I am doing K4,IL16,Dora, Mustang at the moment !..More to Come !

Stream deck.jpg

• Like 3

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal. 

Nice job...👍

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 3 weeks later...

Im very new to the stream deck. I have installed the DCS Bios and the streamdeck-dcs-interface (with DSC export script) In the export.lua is only the path to dsc.bios.

But none of your profiles will work for me.  I get this error:

DCS module not detected.

Check that DCS mission is running, there is a .lua script for the module within "DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\", and the port settings above match those in "DCS-ExportScript\Config.lua"

The exportmodules will work.

What is going wrong?

Thanks for help.

Installation and Configuration - DCS Interface for Streamdeck - YouTube

Are you in the cockpit when you click the button nothing happen?

check your stream deck DCS export connection global setting "IP address, listener port, send port" matches in the config file. by going in DCS comms.

check your DCS world install directory is set to your game if your using stable version or openbeta, by going to ID lookup in stream deck.

check if DCS world is either running with or without administrator. If running with admin, stream deck need to run as admin too.

if you using Helios check the video  set the correct send port.

update your stream deck software and firmware.

Thanks for your help jonny, I use only stream deck. All the points I have done before I startet with your  profiles. Except to check the export connection. Now I have changed the BIOS.config with the DCS comms. But with no luck. The DCS Interface cannot connect with the DCS. The Modules from Exportscript will do. Very strange.

Thanks again for help.