[REPORTED] Huey Door gunners broken since 20190213 patch (Open Beta)

NastyFruit

The door gunners are still broken despite the patch notes. The behaviors listed above have not changed. They aim, they rotate the barrels but refuse to fire. When I manually select a door gunner station I get the same result, barrel spins but no firing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow8czJj1eoQ&feature=youtu.be

They only implemented AI gunners for AI helicopters (which is great IMHO but I haven't tried them yet). They didn't fix the problem on player aircraft.

Mi-8MTV2 and UH-1H AI helicopters. Onboard gunners are implemented. From now the AI gunners will engage different types of threats within their (gunners') weapons range.

just tried a quick mish and no probs here all fire as they should, could you post your mission if its a home made one and ill try that?

Did you spawn with the weapons? If so they work as intended but they stop when you get them through the rearming menue.

is this going to be fixed soon?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Here's an IDEA

Lets pretend that there isn't a problem and all will be well!

This should not be that big of a problem to fix. It is, however a big problem for every huey and MI-8 pilot out there, So why are we not seeing a fix for this?

I figured the fix would come with the F-14 update, but noooooooo.....

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Huey gunners?

Haven't seen any official updates....I know the Tomcat is the new shiny toy, but ED you broke a working part of the game. Can y'all fix it so I can go back to being a normal boring ass Huey aviator with gunners who tattle on the enemy when my attention is diverted to something else, like flying an aircraft that doesn't fly itself?

~Rob

Yep. Haven't had a chance to check if it's just a multiplayer issue, but the AI door gunners won't engage enemy targets now with mini's, however the copilot will if you have the cheek guns aboard - in fact he will try to engage enemies not even in his weapons field and waste all of his ammo unless you point the nose at whatever he's trying to engage. I have seen posts that the gunners work if you have M60's provided that they were on the a/c at mission start. I took them on my last squad night but never got close enough to the enemy to try them out. Whatever, it still seems an awful lot like a bandaide.......

C'mon ED, it can't be a difficult thing? Again, you broke it, and it was working. This isn't us complaining about something promised to us way back, this was something we had that we now don't because of something YOU did.

~Rob

Yeah, I'm sure some of the rivets on the F/A 18 still ain't just, you know, right yet. :P :D

Heaven forbid we'ed like the DCS VR engine and maps, you know stuff we bought sometime ago worked on,.. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I've heard of multicrew in the huey, in the MP? Even with a command to solve the problem of the track ir5 I can not aim, it is trembling and trying to follow the mouse or the track ir5, now the miniguns are not working already have a time, we want a response please some prediction something like that, we paid for the huey it was not for free. Someone please say something official to us.

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Man I don't care about any of that. My point is that the gunners were working, and now they don't, so an update that ED put out broke them. I won't whine about stuff that was promised, I will absolutely complain about stuff that worked that they broke. I also can totally understand ED's stance on "we update, you keep up" with the other 3rd party devs...BUT THIS IS THEIR MODULE!!!

~Rob

I see this was moved to Huey forum, without acknowledgment. The whole reason it was posted outside the Huey forum was the get attention since ED and BST are ignoring it.

Whatever.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Dear ED,

If something additional is needed for this to at least be flagged as reported or something, please let us know.

Its one thing (And understandable) to not have a instant fix for it, but please at least acknowledge the bug. Its been said many times above, but just to summarize:

When you re-arm the huey (And possibly other choppers) the door gunners do not work any more. (This is for AI as well as sitting in the seat yourself. The M60 fires one round, the minigun just spins the barrel a bit)

Again, not expecting a instant fix, but please give the thread a status.

Regards

Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but there are now two lines of bindings for "machine gun fire"

my door gun only rotates a fraction of a second then stops.

fire.thumb.jpg.b85e162c188798b0e6645fab4de08a01.jpg

edit: So I just removed all the bindings except the default.lua, there's only one line for the machine gun fire after doing this, but the gun still not fire. Just starts to rotate and then stops.

Edited by jonsky7
more info

Update to some updates lol.....

I just got done doing some extensive testing, here are my findings in multiplayer:

- mini door gunners work on spawn. Once you rearm they stop

- M60's work fine on rearm, or did for me.

- You can't change either fuel or a skin because it does it through the rearm menu, if you do you might as well put on M60's while your at it because you just broke your mini gunners.

This was all done on the dedicated server that the 355th runs 24/7. We thought maybe it was a pylon issue, but it seems to be more like it'd be something tied to the rearm/refuel script. I have not tried to refuel then leave real quick so I dunno about that part.

C'mon ED, we need these gunners for protection!!!