Radio communication problems when the plane is flying

yeti

When I select a mission with the f18, I can communicate with the tower via the communications menu (either with the original keyboard key or via the joystick button. I can not get the communications menu, I have exactly the same problem with the f5e, does anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance.

Yes. Once in the air, the Communications Menu is not accessible. You have to use the controls mapped to radio pushbuttons. I don't remember their exact names in the controls, but they should be found in the HOTAS section for the Hornet if I remember correctly.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

just search for COM1 and COM2 and assign accordingly

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Alternatively I believe alt+\ brings up the menu in the air, although just using \ no longer works. No idea why they did it that way.

But for maximum realism I recommend binding the comm HOTAS keys on the relevant aircraft instead.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD