Captoglove - any updates?

hannibal

Nobody wants to fly with a VR stick ? Sure, not now when gloves are for tracking only. But in the future, when gloves can give a sense of feel... hell, yes ! Think of the saving not having to buy endless TM sticks, or years of wishing TM did a throttle for <insert aircraft here>.

As for the lack of captoglove reviews... If NOBODY is talking then that suggests they've all had to sign non-disclosure agreements.....

No. No one wants to fly with a VR stick with the current, and IMO the next 10 years of "glove tech". How is a glove going to give you lateral resistance? Oh wait... It doesn't now, now will it. Same for the actual "feel" of a button. Just wait till you put your virtual hand through the front panel...

IDK, I want gloves to be good and work, but thus far I see ZERO evidence that captoglove or other gloves actually work in DCS at the same level as point control does..

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I haven’t talked about them because I can’t get them to work... No NDA here. I haven’t tried again for months. I’ll give it a go again when I get time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer. Let us know if you do.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If someone wants to buy my kit with two gloves complete plus two additional sensors they sent me in a nice case offer me some money I moved on from them

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

No. No one wants to fly with a VR stick with the current, and IMO the next 10 years of "glove tech". How is a glove going to give you lateral resistance? Oh wait... It doesn't now, now will it. Same for the actual "feel" of a button. Just wait till you put your virtual hand through the front panel...

IDK, I want gloves to be good and work, but thus far I see ZERO evidence that captoglove or other gloves actually work in DCS at the same level as point control does..

I agree with you. I can't imagine gloves replacing sticks or HOTAS buttons, but I would love for the gloves to get to the point where it can manipulate all the other virtual switches and dials that we currently have to use a mouse for. I would pay big $$ for that.

In addition, one of the other uses for gloves would be for giving hand signals to a live wingman in formation. Lead changes, fuel checks, formation signals, gear up/dn signals, etc. My understanding is that the gloves can be seen from another jet when in formation. Not sure if this is true yet or a just a wishlist at this point. But that would be another huge use for the gloves as they mature.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I agree with you. I can't imagine gloves replacing sticks or HOTAS buttons, but I would love for the gloves to get to the point where it can manipulate all the other virtual switches and dials that we currently have to use a mouse for. I would pay big $$ for that.

In addition, one of the other uses for gloves would be for giving hand signals to a live wingman in formation. Lead changes, fuel checks, formation signals, gear up/dn signals, etc. My understanding is that the gloves can be seen from another jet when in formation. Not sure if this is true yet or a just a wishlist at this point. But that would be another huge use for the gloves as they mature.

Yup. Thats where I hope gloves go in the near future.

The major challenge IMO will be syncing Real world stick/hotas position with "in-pit" versions, especially as you switch planes.

Currently point control works very well as a mouse replacement for VR.

Oculus was working toward gloves at one point:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/oculus-vr-gloves-patents/

However with the change in their direction since I suspect this may be shelved or locked away in a closet somewhere.

And of course they are now working on hand tracking, will be interesting to see how that progresses.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Oculus was working toward gloves at one point:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/oculus-vr-gloves-patents/

However with the change in their direction since I suspect this may be shelved or locked away in a closet somewhere.

And of course they are now working on hand tracking, will be interesting to see how that progresses.

Yeah, I remember reading about that and the "reverse" tendon tech they had sounded fairly interesting, though probably difficult to do for complex joints (wrist). I think it could be really cool for a whole arm application. I.e. resistance when you touch a wall or something. But thats years/decades off IMO.

Yup. Thats where I hope gloves go in the near future.

The major challenge IMO will be syncing Real world stick/hotas position with "in-pit" versions, especially as you switch planes.

Currently point control works very well as a mouse replacement for VR.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is point control?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is point control?

its like a finger mouse for VR, working perfect in DCS

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

I don't want to wear a bulky glove. I want a souped up Point Control. How about tracked bare hands in 3d space with just a slim finger tip slip on that offers some type of tactile as you grasp a switch! This should be Miles next obsession :-)

I don't want to wear a bulky glove. I want a souped up Point Control. How about tracked bare hands in 3d space with just a slim finger tip slip on that offers some type of tactile as you grasp a switch! This should be Miles next obsession :-)

I really do love the fact that miles single handedly developed a VR hand tracking solution when major companies can't get things to work. He is the man!

I can live without precise dial turning.

Just let me flip the switch in VR..... it is all I need for now!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I can live without precise dial turning.

Just let me flip the switch in VR..... it is all I need for now!

Point control lets you do that, and dial turning.

• 1 month later...
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8t6rG6qu0l/

Hi all, could anyone here comment if the gloves are worthwhile? And how long to wait for backorder?

Probably not.

That link is interesting. Lots of "desync" between the hands when they are on the physical controls in DCS. Wonder if they will try to "Fix" that.

I think that what will have to happen is a gesture to turn the gloves on and off as you grab or release the controls.

Something like touching your thumb and pinkie finger tips as you release the controls wake up the gloves, then doing the same puts them to sleep. A simple fast gesture that wouldn't happen by chance while manipulating the cockpit.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8t6rG6qu0l/

Hi all, could anyone here comment if the gloves are worthwhile? And how long to wait for backorder?

This entire thread is a comment that they are not worthwhile in DCS at this point .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 3 months later...

I got these and for 10 days I have been unable to get them to work now the hassle of getting a refund or disputing it with my CC company

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb