[AS INTENDED]] Graphical Visor Bug

Snacko

I've posted about this before, but still do not see it in the RAZBAM Bug Tracker. :cry:

You probably don't see this if you don't have triple-screens. But the edges of the Visor appear at the edges of the screen when you are not wearing them. I assume the devs just moved them off-screen when they were not being worn. But that does not work on wide screens as you can see below.

Can we get this put on the Bug Tracker? It seems like it would be an easy fix. :thumbup:

ADWhui8.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I've posted about this before, but still do not see it in the RAZBAM Bug Tracker. :cry:

You probably don't see this if you don't have triple-screens. But the edges of the Visor appear at the edges of the screen when you are not wearing them. I assume the devs just moved them off-screen when they were not being worn. But that does not work on wide screens as you can see below.

Can we get this put on the Bug Tracker? It seems like it would be an easy fix. :thumbup:

ADWhui8.png

Actually it looks to me like what you might see when the visor is flipped up (I’ve only got experience with motorcycle helmets so it could be different)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Yep, and I just checked, and it's still there. I posted about this last year too..

I finally made a mod to just hide the Visor in this file:

Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Cockpit\HELMET\Indicator\HelmetIndicator_page.lua

I commented out these lines and it was hidden:

--local sizeX = 10.0

--local sizeY = 1.0

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Thanks.

FYI, I run Triple Screens using the 3 Screens/3 Camera.lua

I'm not sure if this happens with Triple Screens on the 1 Camera.lua as the rendered image is I think smaller and just stretched a bit at the edges.

• 3 weeks later...

Was this put on the RAZBAM Bug Tracker? I don't see it there..

• 5 months later...

Also have an issue with the visor in VR.

When the visor is down, I can see and un-tinted area above the visor, it’s like the 3D model of the visor itself isn’t high enough.

Pimax 5K XR @ normal Field of View setting.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
Thank you, i will pass this to the Harrier guys.

Will report back for you

Two more months and this bug will join the rest with it's first Birthday! :sorcerer:

Seriously, this bug is so easy to fix. When will it be just added to the Bug Tracker??

I have to comment just two lines out of this file to get it to go away. I don't use the visor, so I don't know if this is the real fix, or if it makes the visor not work at all. But for now, it's a simple fix. Please fix this bug. It seems like 'low hanging fruit', and you can check it off quickly?

...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Cockpit\HELMET\Indicator\HelmetIndicator_page.lua

Just comment out lines 14 & 15..

--local sizeX = 10.0

--local sizeY = 1.0

• 5 months later...
Thank you, i will pass this to the Harrier guys.

Will report back for you

Did you ever pass this bug on to the Harrier Guys? Because it's still there over a year later!!

After Today's Patch:

1231447870_AV8BVisorBug.thumb.jpg.4f7f7c4b09dcab6fd93cdc3db1655824.jpg

Great, Thanks!

This was removed a while back !

Let me chase Larry

Were you able to report this?

I have never see this fixed.

• 3 months later...
It was removed a while back. Larry is aware and will have a look at what happened.

I've been away from DCS for a few months. And I was in the Harrier just now and this bug is still there! :mad::mad::mad::doh:

I just created a track and screenshot this morning.

Do you have a triplescreen setup to test this? I am pretty sure you won't see it on a single monitor...

I am running 3 monitors and one touchscreen below in a T formation.

My game resolutions is 5760x1080.

I am using a 3 Monitor LUA for my MonitorSetup config to render 3 screens(not 1 large stretched screen).

Included is my lua file, a Track, and a screenshot.

Thanks.:thumbup:

Visor Bug on Triple Screens - 3 Monitor lua.rar

479124567_VisorBug-09-24-2020OB.thumb.jpg.657c4ee57bcc91e6ee4e10331f67bc77.jpg

Personally, I don't think this has ever been fixed. Unless they tested it on a triple screen setup, they probably have just looked and never saw it.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

I just created a track and screenshot this morning.

Do you have a triplescreen setup to test this? I am pretty sure you won't see it on a single monitor...

I am running 3 monitors and one touchscreen below in a T formation.

My game resolutions is 5760x1080.

I am using a 3 Monitor LUA for my MonitorSetup config to render 3 screens(not 1 large stretched screen).

Included is my lua file, a Track, and a screenshot.

Thanks.:thumbup:

Tracking and in the internal system now. PLease note that whileit does appear to be a graphical bug, it may be lower on the priority list as its a problem that really only occurs with triple screen users but we are aware and tracking it thanks.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 months later...

With this newly released large update... this bug continues to exist, year after year.  I think I first reported this in 2018, but couldn't find the original thread.

The sad thing is that this is 'low-hanging fruit'.  It would probably take 20 minutes to fix.

No need to point these out.  Guess i should never put my Visor up at night.  🤬

jyp5FCY.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 7:46 AM, Snacko said:

With this newly released large update... this bug continues to exist, year after year.  I think I first reported this in 2018, but couldn't find the original thread.

The sad thing is that this is 'low-hanging fruit'.  It would probably take 20 minutes to fix.

No need to point these out.  Guess i should never put my Visor up at night.  🤬

jyp5FCY.png

Well if it was an easy fix, dont you think we could have fixed it? Unfortunately this is a result of the "filter that is applied to the area and upon conferring with ED this is an unfortunate result of the filter. Changing the filter would result in degradation of the visor during daylight ops. Marking AS INTENDED and moving to RESOLVED. 

Also if you want to add to a conversation, rather than sarcasm perhaps add to it constructively.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [AS INTENDED]] Graphical Visor Bug
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 7:30 AM, Expert said:

What do you mean with "resolved"?

It means they can't fix it at this time.  Too much is involved.

• Thanks 1