Helicopters Tournament 5

Alpenwolf

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you count lost lives? Can I loose the chopper, but save my life?

Do I lose my life in these examples, if I'm able to exit the helicopter alive?

1. Crash landing in neutral or hostile airfield.

2. Crash landing somewhere between bull's eye and friendly farp.

3. Crash landing somewhere between bull's eye and enemy farp.

Thanks.

Wysłane z mojego MI MAX 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka

How do you count lost lives? Can I loose the chopper, but save my life?

Do I lose my life in these examples, if I'm able to exit the helicopter alive?

1. Crash landing in neutral or hostile airfield.

2. Crash landing somewhere between bull's eye and friendly farp.

3. Crash landing somewhere between bull's eye and enemy farp.

Thanks.

Crash landings are a loss. The helicopter is a mess. Unless you crash land the helicopter at your FARP or a captured airbase and are able to repair it. If the ground crew for whatever reasons denies you the repairing, then it's a loss.

We will try and monitor the players, but the players are also kindly asked to be honest and leave the server if all lives are lost.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Crash landings are a loss. The helicopter is a mess. Unless you crash land the helicopter at your FARP or a captured airbase and are able to repair it. If the ground crew for whatever reasons denies you the repairing, then it's a loss.

We will try and monitor the players, but the players are also kindly asked to be honest and leave the server if all lives are lost.

Thank you, it's clear now.

As a side note, I would say, that choppers are limited rather than lives.

No GCI ?

That might suck.

How about Team Leaders ? Or are we all "lone wolf'ing" it ?

Either way, I can hardly wait.

We can still coordinate attacks between Ka-50's and Mi-8's. Lonewolfing is a very bad idea.

Alright RedTeam, does the training session for tomorrow is still scheduled. I'd also like to use that oportunity for a briefing and tactics session. So if you got time tomorrow at 1900 Zulu, please let me know, and I'll set up a Discord or TS3 server.

Yes. I'll be there around 2000 zulu. Let's just meet in the 104th TeamSpeak. Once there, scroll all the way down until you see the Cold War 1947 - 1991 channel. We meet there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Does anyone know if Blue Team intends to get together for some type of practice run ? Or are we gonna just Wing It ?

They always do that.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Guys,

Stupid question... Where are the crates (or cars) to be so we can hover over them and the areas to drop them.

I got the mission and saw some landing areas close to Lochini and Vaziani, but couldn’t find the cars. I saw some crates near sonanlong, but I am not sure...

Anyone, pls?

Tks in advance

Guys,

Stupid question... Where are the crates (or cars) to be so we can hover over them and the areas to drop them.

I got the mission and saw some landing areas close to Lochini and Vaziani, but couldn’t find the cars. I saw some crates near sonanlong, but I am not sure...

Anyone, pls?

Tks in advance

When you spawn on the FARP, bring up the radio menu and then press F10. select a ground unit and then a crate will appear on your 12 o'clock. A message will even confirm that. Take off and hover for 3 seconds over that crate - a countdown will start and you can see that on the top right corner of your screen. Take that crate and land on one of the three airbases to capture it. Once landed, use the radio menu to unload the crate. After unloading it, you will need to unpack it. That's it!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

When you spawn on the FARP, bring up the radio menu and then press F10. select a ground unit and then a crate will appear on your 12 o'clock. A message will even confirm that. Take off and hover for 3 seconds over that crate - a countdown will start and you can see that on the top right corner of your screen. Take that crate and land on one of the three airbases to capture it. Once landed, use the radio menu to unload the crate. After unloading it, you will need to unpack it. That's it!
Autohook recommended.

Some players when a crate is brought up ahead of them, simply can't see the crate! Not sure how that can be fixed or maybe it's something in the script itself? Anyone having issue seeing the crates? If so, then I'll have to disable the hovering thing. Would be unfortunate though, because I think it's a nice feature to have.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I have a backup mission file with a CTLD script without the pickup via hover option in case some players have issues seeing the crates on their 12 o'clock.

We'll have to wait and see tomorrow during testing before the event starts.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I have had that problem with the crates. They appear under the FARP, and only the host can see them.
I could spawn on the ground the crates a 100m or so away from the south farp, next to an AA. I've done this in single player though.