GA productions presents: *EDGE* - New Black Shark movie

• ED Team
I know it would be less challenging to make a movie like what I'm about to propose, (and maybe ED's nd rules won't allow it), but just a simple movie about BS in action with no glitz, no enhancements of any sorts, and maybe even shot in black and white? Sort of like recording a mission track? It wouldn't need to be very long to suit me. Just a takeoff, maybe forming up with a few other BS helos, and assault a worthy opponent, all seen from inside the cockpit(outside views disabled) to really showcase the TIR 6dof? Something like that would really put us in the pilot's seat if only for a few minutes. It would hold me until BS came out (not! I'd want m ore to be honest)

just thinking out loud,

Flyby out

Such a video (or video"s", rather) have already been released. They were amongst the first official videos to be released that showcased the KA-50 cockpit and some tactics.

You may have seen them.... we have that 15 minute long video showing how to start up the ka-50. Then, there's the other video showing the ABRIS and flying and taking out some tanks. Everything in-game sounds and NO video enhancements.

You will probably never see such a video from me, UNLESS Eagle Dynamics asks me directly if i can make one for them.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure Awesomeness, GA!

Your movies lack only 1 thing. They're not panoramic / widescreen. :(

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team

Not quite sure how i can make it widescreen? :P

I know, i could always just add a black bar on top and on the bottom, to make it LOOK like widescreen...but i felt that i wanted to keep it fullscreen, considering all the cockpit shots and all. :)

Not quite sure how i can make it widescreen? :P

I know, i could always just add a black bar on top and on the bottom, to make it LOOK like widescreen...but i felt that i wanted to keep it fullscreen, considering all the cockpit shots and all. :)

Just take wide more panoramic shots with fraps (aka zoom out). Then set your Vegas new project to 16:9 ratio, then insert your fraps footage and make them wide as the project is while keeping their aspect ratio and the top and bottom part will be out of borders. So after you've render your movie they are cut away. But you know that already?!

cheers

:thumbup:

tail# 44 or 444

I know it would be less challenging to make a movie like what I'm about to propose, (and maybe ED's nd rules won't allow it), but just a simple movie about BS in action with no glitz, no enhancements of any sorts, and maybe even shot in black and white? Sort of like recording a mission track? It wouldn't need to be very long to suit me. Just a takeoff, maybe forming up with a few other BS helos, and assault a worthy opponent, all seen from inside the cockpit(outside views disabled) to really showcase the TIR 6dof? Something like that would really put us in the pilot's seat if only for a few minutes. It would hold me until BS came out (not! I'd want m ore to be honest)

just thinking out loud,

Flyby out

There are good reasons for such videos not existing.

They're pretty similar to the reasons why BS isn't out yet :P

• Like 1

• ED Team
Just take wide more panoramic shots with fraps (aka zoom out). Then set your Vegas new project to 16:9 ratio, then insert your fraps footage and make them wide as the project is while keeping their aspect ratio and the top and bottom part will be out of borders. So after you've render your movie they are cut away. But you know that already?!

cheers

:thumbup:

Not sure if you have noticed, but in more than 90% of my footage, i have the camera zoomed in a little in one way or another. This makes the footage look and "feel" more real..

zooming out would make it look a little akward, and it's not really the way to go (IMO at least).

Only time i zoom OUT more, is when i want to capture the sense of speed, or to just get a better overview of a certain scene/situation.

you can still make close up shots with widescreen

+you will show more

+sensation of speed will be better in side-to-side scrolling views (camera follows) etc.

Think of benefits..

I dont see whats the problem, but oh well

tail# 44 or 444

• ED Team
you can still make close up shots with widescreen

I dont see whats the problem, but oh well

There isn't any problem. I didnt want widescreen for this movie for 1 good reason; All the cockpit shots.

I used widescreen for my "speed 2 teaser" and i got comments saying they would rather NOT have it widescreen, because they want to view the movie in fullscreen on a big monitor/tv.

So it's a matter of taste then maybe. :)

IMO, i like both.

• ED Team
you can still make close up shots with...quote]

This is the thing....there is a HUGE difference between placing the camera right next to something, and placing it further away and zooming in.

It creates 2 completely different views.

It depends on the shot, but i usually stick with the latter.

just thinking out loud,

Flyby out

Flyby, the movies from TBS (the battle simulator) site with the ABRIS setup and mission completion were almost what you want.... except for the forming part and 6DOF show of.

You can find them here: http://www.thebattlesim.com/index.php?end_pos=133&scr=products&lang=en

P.S. If you have seen them, just ignore the post :D or... rewatch them :P . S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

A big dam, and we've already got a 617 Squadron livery for the Tornado. If only we could make those bombs bounce across the water like in IL2.

Also noticed that the right MFD in the Ka-50 was doing a BIOS airborne. What was happening here?

DPS.

Not much really, i just turned it off, then turned it back on. :P

I wonder what would happen if you would reset the F-35/F-22 computer in flight! :P

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

• ED Team
I wonder what would happen if you would reset the F-35/F-22 computer in flight! :P

Well, its not like you would go crashing into the ground if you shut the ABRIS off. It's really just a very advanced navigation system ( i think, im not really that familiar with the ABRIS :P )

Sometimes, i dont even have it turned on.

thanks Zaelu. Consider me schooled. Btw how's Mytzu? You know I used to be a member of the D13-th back in the day. I loved flying with that sqaudron in IL2, and learned to love flying in "Full Real" mode thanks to Mytzu, and the boys (NoVolume, etc)

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Been some time since I last checked the forum here.

I know you've heard it a million times but:

Great video Glowing Amraam! :D

I wondered when you'd finally use (I think you hadn't used it so far), the RFAD theme. ;)

Black Shark can't come fast enough...

"Where you will be reunited with an old friend...the thrill of battle." - Admiral Tolwyn, Wing Commander IV