** DCS: F-14 Manual Early Access Release!! **

Cobra847

It definitely works the download. Just takes a bit of time. File size was 243MB after saved to my PC. Let the reading commence as I am guessing the module will take a few hours to download on my crappy ADSL 2+ internet once it is released in the next dozen or so hours. :pilotfly:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

It's a 387 page PDF manual and if you are using Chrome it seems to hit 4/5 of a download indicator rapidly and then crawls while it actually does open the manual PDF. The end download when you save it to your PC is about 245mb

It works here- but you definitely have to wait a bit. The Chrome PDF loading bar is misrepresentative.

Hi,

:dunno: Check your software-settings (pdfTex, LaTex) - something is wrong

F-14B Manual 1.0.pdf : pdfTex, LaTex - 243 MB - 387 pages

AJS37_Manual_RC1.pdf : Adobe - 33 MB - 383 pages

DCS A-10C Flight Manual EN.pdf : Word - 34 MB - 671 pages

-

Thanks for the PDF ; will be useful while in the passenger seat of the car tonight ^^

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Hi,

:dunno: Check your software-settings (pdfTex, LaTex) - something is wrong

F-14B Manual 1.0.pdf : pdfTex, LaTex - 243 MB - 387 pages

AJS37_Manual_RC1.pdf : Adobe - 33 MB - 383 pages

DCS A-10C Flight Manual EN.pdf : Word - 34 MB - 671 pages

-

Nothing wrong, but the images in this manual might be on the larger side. Will take a look at it in the coming weeks.

Quick question, I have mentioned before I am working on a site for checklists, I wanted to know if there are any more official checklists or a time frame for them? ( like shutdown or landing or in air procedures? ) the site is the same as the shipped manual right?

Thanks guys!

Hey y'all, would it be possible to get diagrams of the default bindings for things mapped on the Warthog (and other HOTAS setups down the line) added to the manual at some point? While I'm here, thanks for including some default binds and not trying to map pitch and roll to my rudder pedals!

Hey y'all, would it be possible to get diagrams of the default bindings for things mapped on the Warthog (and other HOTAS setups down the line) added to the manual at some point? While I'm here, thanks for including some default binds and not trying to map pitch and roll to my rudder pedals!

+1 for a default control map please!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Nothing wrong, but the images in this manual might be on the larger side. Will take a look at it in the coming weeks.

to get a smaller PDF just click file, save as other, reduced size pdf

that should make it much smaller but you give up the wonderful picture resolution. maybe you should offer two?

also, you guys rock. all hands on board really do mean that with you guys. i even saw the real jester hopping around on twitch helping last night. EPIC and thank you from one guy who you made his childhood dreams come true last night!

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Need Some help, I keep getting a network error at about 80-90% completion when trying to download the manual. Any suggestions? I checked my D/L speed, I'm only getting around 150KB/s with the provided link.

Edited by Stache
update

——————

i7 7820x 4.3ghz

Asus tuf x299 mk 2

32gig G.skill 3200mhz ram

500gig ssd OS

2x 1tb ssd raid 0

GeForce GTX 1080

HTC Vive

Haven't read all the thread, but did someone notice that this PDF is 249MB in size?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I mean I am not sure I am supposed to do this but I did add it to my GDrive.

People have been having issues, as did I.

F14B Manual

thank you very much buddy

8KIDD8 TWITCH TV

https://www.youtube.com/c/Kidd8TwitchTV/

DCS WORLD openbeta user, F-16C, F-14B, F/A-18C LOT 20, Mirage 2000, F-5, AV-8B, AJS-37, JF-17,

Spitfire LF Mk.IX, P-51D, BF 109 K-4, KA-50, UH-1H, A-10C, FC3, Combined Arms, 1944 Asset, Persian Gulf, Nevada, Normandy, Channel.

F-14B VF-213 Skin by 8kidd8

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304309/

Haven't read all the thread, but did someone notice that this PDF is 249MB in size?

I sure did! I was hoping to email to myself at work..

Thanks to Pony I am downloading it now and will see if I can optimise the PDF using our PDF editor.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I stumbled about a weired thing where I´m not sure whether I have missunderstood somethings wrong or whether there´s a mistake in the manual.

Pilot Cheklist item No. 15 says: BACKUP IGNITION SWITCH - OFF

The respective switch is discribed in the manual on Page 25 No. 5

there´s no OFF Position on this Switch, so whats going on here?

see image below.

BUILissue.thumb.png.b28b0fe5e9643f835c5a22c6e093ef56.png

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Is it possible that the manual will mention some switches/Gaugess/Positions that doesnt even exist in the Cockpit?

One example is thje G-Meter. It´s mentioned in the "Interior Inspection" (Page 343) Item No. 31.

I cant find the G-Meter in the Cockpit and it is also not represented in other Cockpit rerssources as well.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective